AA, MB, RC all are hypocrites... They appreciate new age directors but don't do movies with them...

hunkyfunky2

3 minutes ago, siru said:

first of all those heroes have huge responsibility. vallani nammi chala dabbu petti kontaru distributors, exhibitiors. Veellu new age films tiste awards vastay kani dabbulu raledu anuko..apudu bokka padedi papam distributors ki theaters ki.

Second point..nuvu vanga gadini edo pedda new age ani chepav lol.,niku vadu thappa evari peru teleda? he is the worst of all the new age directors

RGV kante pedda pudingila veellantha? RGV is still so approachable, and a fun guy to listen to, even if his filmmaking judgements have waned.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

what's the upside of doing a film with new age directors? none of them are actually good. They are not spielberg types that can create meaningful movies that appeal to everyone on a huge canvas, can they?

Most new age directors have very narrow vision are just drawing on a variety of sources for their scenes, including stealing them from their friends. They focus on things that are happening around them (some lame kidnap story, or love failure for a psycopath etc). None of them dream big and work towards it. If I was AA, RC, MB, I wouldn't even invite any of them to my home.

They are not that talented as is being built up. It applies not just to Telugu industry, but all industries. I haven't seen a single mindblowing film other Falaknuma Das, and Guntur Talkies in the past few yrs in Telugu. In Tamil, I can't remember a single good film I saw in the past few years. And these are all movies that have small budgets and very specific audience. Its impossible to scale them to a 50cr movie.

If AA, RC, MB agree to make a movie with these directors, they are just committing suicide with their careers. Simple. They can't recover from it. Vijay tries to do it and understands that its better to stay away from encouraging these new directors.

Agree with some points, but not all...

PSV , goodachari ( though it's a copy of james bond movies ) , agent sai, jersey all can be made by so called tier 1 heroes. They will have bigger openings and probably even better technical values. 

2 movies you quoted are not for big heroes...why would they do them. It won't need to be mind blowing, it should be original and at the same time give enough entertainment for broader audience. 

Tamil...asuran is good in terms of making, AA can do it. Malayalam - mohanlal movies are what chiru and others can do as originals..

3 minutes ago, siru said:

yaa and most of the times vallu handle cheyaleru antha pedda stars ni.. PA Ranjith is best example..he made good films with small actors..vadiki Rajini ni isthe line ga 2 films flops ichadu

yes outside of staunch ambedkarites, nobody likes these heavily political movies like kaala, kabali. They are not entertaining.

You should watch this movie Iyarkai (2003), from a debutant director (but the guy was assistant director for couple decades by then), to see the scale of moviemaking at such low budget, with a fantastic understanding of human behaviour.

this movie is completely political (communist ideology literally splintered throughout the movie), but you won't feel all that gyan as out of place, because of where the movie happens. The background completely overpowers everything. One of the most brilliant movies from a debutant..

the guy wanted to make a movie with Tamil Sangam era as background. I wish he made it. He died a week ago. so sad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Agree with some points, but not all...

PSV , goodachari ( though it's a copy of james bond movies ) , agent sai, jersey all can be made by so called tier 1 heroes. They will have bigger openings and probably even better technical values. 

2 movies you quoted are not for big heroes...why would they do them. It won't need to be mind blowing, it should be original and at the same time give enough entertainment for broader audience. 

Tamil...asuran is good in terms of making, AA can do it. Malayalam - mohanlal movies are what chiru and others can do as originals..

Avi hit ayyayi kabati chebtunav

Pedda hero lu and high budget pette producer lu nammali ga content ni

Short film hit ayyindi ani movie vachindi

Aa movie hit iathe sahoo vachindi

Adi mingindi

Ippudu producers distribution valla position enti

Wow.. good discussion... I learnt few new things and actually agree with most of you...

Let me answer/ give counter arguments....

- why it has to be big Budget movie , sell it for higher prices and then beg governments to add shows, increase prices, charge 25$ in USA? No answer so far even avatar ticket price is same as indie movie.

- all of them black mail lucrative  long weekends and flood the theatres... If not they can't make half of what they claim. Movie goers have no choice but to go. 

- 90% collections are fake, so it means they are living in dream world built around lies.. distributors are VPs and as long as they are lining up, this will continue

- they can do meaningful movies in between at called block busters , every other industry does it. Even Tom cruise... Please check. It doesn't effect them.   

- vanga , yes only one movie and has some ego. He will learn. But all great directors praised him right? 

- RGV ,I was A big fan.  He is retired for all practical purposes 

- as a creative person, you need to have guts to listen to new stories , give creative input and make them success. 

- what empire they built employing thousands? Nope... Few more backup dancers that's all

3 minutes ago, Hydrockers said:

Avi hit ayyayi kabati chebtunav

Pedda hero lu and high budget pette producer lu nammali ga content ni

Short film hit ayyindi ani movie vachindi

Aa movie hit iathe sahoo vachindi

Adi mingindi

Ippudu producers distribution valla position enti

That's unique case of artificially adding budget to movie because of BB. It was agreed, conceptualized before BB.... What happen to Prabhas and others? 

15 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

AA, RC, MB probably have markets twice/thrice the size of asuran, mohanlal movies.

without them making these silly movies, Vanga and co cannot command huge paydays for the medium budget movies they make.

Yes all those big heroes make disgusting misogynist movies, and if there's an alternative to keeping the industry alive and to keep the good movies flowing, I'm all ears for it.

One day Telugu film industry is gonna make gorgeous world class movies. But for that to happen, directors should work towards it. Not take shortcuts by making one tone movies like Arjun Reddy, that has nothing interesting to say other than the fact that a rich kid can get away with anything even if he goes beserk. big deal, like its news. Even my story is more interesting than Arjun Reddy.

telugu filmmakers should try to be like Rajamouli more. I hate his movies. But see, he had a long term plan for his career and slowly built up to Bahubali. He didn't start with Bahubali.

19 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

yes outside of staunch ambedkarites, nobody likes these heavily political movies like kaala, kabali. They are not entertaining.

You should watch this movie Iyarkai (2003), from a debutant director (but the guy was assistant director for couple decades by then), to see the scale of moviemaking at such low budget, with a fantastic understanding of human behaviour.

this movie is completely political (communist ideology literally splintered throughout the movie), but you won't feel all that gyan as out of place, because of where the movie happens. The background completely overpowers everything. One of the most brilliant movies from a debutant..

the guy wanted to make a movie with Tamil Sangam era as background. I wish he made it. He died a week ago. so sad.

Added to my watch list, can't find it online now. 

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

AA, RC, MB probably have markets twice/thrice the size of asuran, mohanlal movies.

without them making these silly movies, Vanga and co cannot command huge paydays for the medium budget movies they make.

Yes all those big heroes make disgusting misogynist movies, and if there's an alternative to keeping the industry alive and to keep the good movies flowing, I'm all ears for it.

One day Telugu film industry is gonna make gorgeous world class movies. But for that to happen, directors should work towards it. Not take shortcuts by making one tone movies like Arjun Reddy, that has nothing interesting to say other than the fact that a rich kid can get away with anything even if he goes beserk. big deal, like its news. Even my story is more interesting than Arjun Reddy.

telugu filmmakers should try to be like Rajamouli more. I hate his movies. But see, he had a long term plan for his career and slowly built up to Bahubali. He didn't start with Bahubali.

AR budget is 2C.... Why are you fixated on this? Beautifully shot, great music, great acting... Even SSR praised it at length. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

- why it has to be big Budget movie , sell it for higher prices and then beg governments to add shows, increase prices, charge 25$ in USA? No answer so far even avatar ticket price is same as indie movie.

Why it has to be AA, RC, MB? there are several mid range heroes like nani who are taking up interesting roles.. each are trying to make their mark in their own way. I don't see why we have to knock on AA, RC, MB for this..

they can be knocked for making misogynist content

My point is 90% TFI is fake collections , forced collections by increasing prices, occupying theatres in festive seasons...

No answer to this...

Even uppena is fake... No way it made that much money ...

1 minute ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

AR budget is 2C.... Why are you fixated on this? Beautifully shot, great music, great acting... Even SSR praised it at length. 

because you mentioned vanga. and I hate the filim. I lived on the streets, and I'm from an upper middle class family. my experience was entirely different.

actually, I couldn't even bear to finish the movie. was thoroughly disgusted by it half way. Yes I agree production design, sound design and camera work, music everything was top notch. The acting too. but it was just a boring movie.

Why it has to be AA, RC, MB? there are several mid range heroes like nani who are taking up interesting roles.. each are trying to make their mark in their own way. I don't see why we have to knock on AA, RC, MB for this..

they can be knocked for making misogynist content

My point is they praise directors but don't work with them...

Even chiru, nag , Venki all are relying on remakes... How insulting... Trying to keep fake collections and image

35 minutes ago, Hydrockers said:

Okkaw. Movie hit ke rajamouliw range budget trivikram range remuneration lu adigitew mingeai. Anaka em chestaru

That won’t work in tollywood & these directors are not much greedy too . 
ayyapan koshium remake chesthunna director ki 25L payment . Mana guruji 3vik ki Oka 10C, pk ki 25C...director ki just name vosthadhi kani remuneration radhu Oka 4 or 5 hits padedhaka. 
Jathirathnalu anudeep  lantodiki aa 25L kuda iccharo ledho mari. Atleast aa ulli cutting director ki bmw ayina gift iccharu. Chinna cinema hit ayithe producers & distributors ki labham...

jathi rathnalu below 4C theesaru. 12 ki ammaru. US lone 1 million cross chesindhi . 1st week 28C ... business close ayye time ki easy ga 40+ , satellite & ott kalipithe 55C. Easy ga 50C dutt maayya account lo padthadhi kani ... director ki migiledhi budidhe... next movie konchem manchi budget & manchi hero vostharu ... anthe 

because you mentioned vanga. and I hate the filim. I lived on the streets, and I'm from an upper middle class family. my experience was entirely different.

actually, I couldn't even bear to finish the movie. was thoroughly disgusted by it half way. Yes I agree production design, sound design and camera work, music everything was top notch. The acting too. but it was just a boring movie.

So many things are great... Especially for a shoe string budget .. look beyond story. 

BTW, he is not misogynistic.... He tries in first scene but backs away. Hindi movie has problems with several scenes chopped but not telugu. Let's not deviate here.