AA, MB, RC all are hypocrites... They appreciate new age directors but don't do movies with them...

hunkyfunky2

Mana dhaggara heroes chinna cinema type theeyyali anedhi impossible. Small directors tho theestharu future lo ... vallaki edho life ivvadaniki kadhu . Director gadiki icchedhi kuda hero ne 10gipodaniki. 
ssr, trivikram , koratala , sukku lantollu minimum 10-15 theeskuntaru. Adhe edho oka chinna cinema theesina director ayithe peanuts. Aa bobby, Sampath nandi, dolly ilanti vallaki Mega family offer icchindhi kuda andhukega

2 minutes ago, JustChill_Mama said:

That won’t work in tollywood & these directors are not much greedy too . 
ayyapan koshium remake chesthunna director ki 25L payment . Mana guruji 3vik ki Oka 10C, pk ki 25C...director ki just name vosthadhi kani remuneration radhu Oka 4 or 5 hits padedhaka. 
Jathirathnalu anudeep  lantodiki aa 25L kuda iccharo ledho mari. Atleast aa ulli cutting director ki bmw ayina gift iccharu. Chinna cinema hit ayithe producers & distributors ki labham...

jathi rathnalu below 4C theesaru. 12 ki ammaru. US lone 1 million cross chesindhi . 1st week 28C ... business close ayye time ki easy ga 40+ , satellite & ott kalipithe 55C. Easy ga 50C dutt maayya account lo padthadhi kani ... director ki migiledhi budidhe... next movie konchem manchi budget & manchi hero vostharu ... anthe 

Jathirathnalu is collective effort of naveen, nag ,  anudeep and great team of young and talented ADs that nag ashwin has on his payrolls....

I can say 50% credit goes to naveen and nag. 

This director has a flop movie, nag have him because he knows he can guide him... This is a movie that nag wanted to make but he can't after mahanati and with Prabhas next... Little effort, creative satisfaction, table profits, keep the team busy between 2 big movies etc. 

23 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

So many things are great... Especially for a shoe string budget .. look beyond story. 

BTW, he is not misogynistic.... He tries in first scene but backs away. Hindi movie has problems with several scenes chopped but not telugu. Let's not deviate here. 

I didn't say anything about misogyny. I just said that its a boring movie.

I'm not interested in a smug grandma giving the audience life lessons about how to deal with failure. Everything about the movie was fake. it was beautiful fake. but still fake. not the kind of charming fake that I enjoy in movies. Arjun Reddy character itself has zero charm, and all rage. The guy is disgusting.

36 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Added to my watch list, can't find it online now. 

There's a low res version of the movie uploaded by some guy few days ago to mark the death of the director. I really didn't realise how many people liked this movie. It was a flop when it came out. I watched it in theatres multiple times. The cinematography is stunning. music everything. the canvas etc.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

- 90% collections are fake, so it means they are living in dream world built around lies.. distributors are VPs and as long as they are lining up, this will continue

more than collections being fake, I think producers and distributors don't get the money collected by the theatres for a long time. So its impossible to say if the collections were actually true or fake, and people can make all sorts of claims to inflate their market for their next film. Yes, it is a flaw in the model.

But the solution is not for heroes to take up interesting little films like Mohanlal does. Telugu industry is too huge man. If heroes take up movies like Mohanlal, they either have to give up a huge share of the profit from the venture to the distributors, or take the risk themselves and risk losing it all. Its a catch 22 situation for them

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

- they can do meaningful movies in between at called block busters , every other industry does it. Even Tom cruise... Please check. It doesn't effect them.   

yeah, they can. may be better market data on movie collections will help people make better decisions about what kind of movies they wanna make between their blockbusters. Indian movie industry is like a secretive cabal where no one outside the theatre and distributor networks actually knokw how much money a movie makes.

US market is way more open about collection figures. 

Again this has nothing to do with movie selections, but points to a broader problem about the way the industry itself works.

vanga , yes only one movie and has some ego. He will learn. But all great directors praised him right? 

okay. I hope he makes great movies

- RGV ,I was A big fan.  He is retired for all practical purposes 

RGV a legend who made films with top stars of the day. I don't think any new age directors are in that range.

isn't that guy who made Mahanati, making a sci fi film with Prabhas? I hope he does well. I didn't watch mahanati though. loved yevade subrahmanyam. Now that's gorgeous filimmaking at a shoestring budget. May be he's one of those rare new age filmmaker who can pull off a movie with a top star.

9 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

more than collections being fake, I think producers and distributors don't get the money collected by the theatres for a long time. So its impossible to say if the collections were actually true or fake, and people can make all sorts of claims to inflate their market for their next film. Yes, it is a flaw in the model.

But the solution is not for heroes to take up interesting little films like Mohanlal does. Telugu industry is too huge man. If heroes take up movies like Mohanlal, they either have to give up a huge share of the profit from the venture to the distributors, or take the risk themselves and risk losing it all. Its a catch 22 situation for them

yeah, they can. may be better market data on movie collections will help people make better decisions about what kind of movies they wanna make between their blockbusters. Indian movie industry is like a secretive cabal where no one outside the theatre and distributor networks actually knokw how much money a movie makes.

US market is way more open about collection figures. 

Again this has nothing to do with movie selections, but points to a broader problem about the way the industry itself works.

okay. I hope he makes great movies

RGV a legend who made films with top stars of the day. I don't think any new age directors are in that range.

isn't that guy who made Mahanati, making a sci fi film with Prabhas? I hope he does well. I didn't watch mahanati though. loved yevade subrahmanyam. Now that's gorgeous filimmaking at a shoestring budget. May be he's one of those rare new age filmmaker who can pull off a movie with a top star.

We have many things in common 🙏... Yep, yevade is his .. Jathiratnalu is also his .... Really really wish prabas one is boundary pushing like mahanti and yevade .. you should watch mahanati .. overall it's a good movie, but he showed his skill and class in many many scenes , elevations like SSR etc ... Total credit to him...

He also did one short on pitta kathalu.. It's not well received as story is shallow. I heard it's like test project for Prabhas movie...

19 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

We have many things in common 🙏... Yep, yevade is his .. Jathiratnalu is also his .... Really really wish prabas one is boundary pushing like mahanti and yevade .. you should watch mahanati .. overall it's a good movie, but he showed his skill and class in many many scenes , elevations like SSR etc ... Total credit to him...

He also did one short on pitta kathalu.. It's not well received as story is shallow. I heard it's like test project for Prabhas movie...

okay. I rarely have the patience to watch movies. some day I will watch mahanati.

I think a tech minded distributor can change the film industry. What is needed is complete transparence in collections. I'm not sure if its even possible, because there's no upside to this kind of transparence in the short term for all the incumbent players in the industry. It will be like true disruption in the movie market.

A reasonably loaded distributor that is publicly traded, and makes collection data transparent. May be  I should do it. hehe..

But I can't. I'm a loser who gave up on doing anything.

23 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

can you think of some legislative measure that will prevent incumbent players in the industry to block huge number of theatres? Because any upstart can be completely decimated by Dil Raju and co, within an year if there's no regulation on 'good practice' in the industry.

ha ha...

Government in any country is run by businesses, so why do you think they will make any legislation? Perhaps of there is a CM who is highly passionate about movies may do... But even then chances are less...

ABCL tried what you are saying... and bankrupted AB! No one will try again...

As long as black money is there, this will continue...  They show 100C in press release and show 10C for income taxes...

45 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

okay. I rarely have the patience to watch movies. some day I will watch mahanati.

I think a tech minded distributor can change the film industry. What is needed is complete transparence in collections. I'm not sure if its even possible, because there's no upside to this kind of transparence in the short term for all the incumbent players in the industry. It will be like true disruption in the movie market.

A reasonably loaded distributor that is publicly traded, and makes collection data transparent. May be  I should do it. hehe..

But I can't. I'm a loser who gave up on doing anything.

There is enough data already...50 to 80% movie tickets are sold through BMS and they have occupancy  numbers of nearly 95% theatres ... It's easy to know real collections... routinely we see real numbers come out... It's easy for BMS to publish numbers already. 

It's an ego and fake business where everyone is trying to cheat the next one under...only Suresh babu appears genuine but he knows he can't fix , so he is part of the scam...

2 hours ago, JustChill_Mama said:

Mana dhaggara heroes chinna cinema type theeyyali anedhi impossible. Small directors tho theestharu future lo ... vallaki edho life ivvadaniki kadhu . Director gadiki icchedhi kuda hero ne 10gipodaniki. 
ssr, trivikram , koratala , sukku lantollu minimum 10-15 theeskuntaru. Adhe edho oka chinna cinema theesina director ayithe peanuts. Aa bobby, Sampath nandi, dolly ilanti vallaki Mega family offer icchindhi kuda andhukega

10 aa boya gadu antha kanna ekkuva tisuiuntadu

2 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

There is enough data already...50 to 80% movie tickets are sold through BMS and they have occupancy  numbers of nearly 95% theatres ... It's easy to know real collections... routinely we see real numbers come out... It's easy for BMS to publish numbers already. 

It's an ego and fake business where everyone is trying to cheat the next one under...only Suresh babu appears genuine but he knows he can't fix , so he is part of the scam...

is this really true for India? There's so much convenience fee, and tax on the fee etc, that I find it hard to believe more than half of the tickets are sold via the internet. It may be true. The last movie I watched in a theatre in India was Godzilla king of monsters, and I don't think I have ever booked a ticket on the internet.

5 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

is this really true for India? There's so much convenience fee, and tax on the fee etc, that I find it hard to believe more than half of the tickets are sold via the internet. It may be true. The last movie I watched in a theatre in India was Godzilla king of monsters, and I don't think I have ever booked a ticket on the internet.

Now a days they do... Even if they dont all tickets, they have real time of view of remaining seats... This is true for all tier 1, 2 and 3 cities. This data is enough ... 

In very small towns , they may cook numbers. 

I tried pulling some data with BMS and no API and it's difficult to scrape