******Credit fraud alert******

Hindhustani

Capital one called me and said that someone placed credit card request with my info including Ssn . Any of you faced similar situation. How did you placed alert if anyone trying to use your stolen information 

@Spartan @Pitta 

6 minutes ago, Hindhustani said:

Capital one called me and said that someone placed credit card request with my info including Ssn . Any of you faced similar situation. How did you placed alert if anyone trying to use your stolen information 

@Spartan @Pitta 

Take good identity theft service .... 

8 minutes ago, Hindhustani said:

@Spartan @Pitta 

first put your SSN freeze

next you better take service lifelock or something to get the instant alerts where your ssn was using

1 hour ago, Hindhustani said:

@Spartan @Pitta 

It’s very common, in telegram many people sell ssn for $20-$50 with all details like dob, full ssn, address, past 7 years address history etc 

9 hours ago, shenkar said:

first put your SSN freeze

next you better take service lifelock or something to get the instant alerts where your ssn was using

How to freeze? Have you used any of the identities theft protection service 

9 hours ago, A44 said:

It’s very common, in telegram many people sell ssn for $20-$50 with all details like dob, full ssn, address, past 7 years address history etc 

Sure , how to protect. Do you use any services 

2 minutes ago, Hindhustani said:

Credit Bureaus can do that, Equifax and Experian.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/preventing-fraud/security-freeze/

https://www.equifax.com/personal/education/identity-theft/what-to-do-if-you-lose-your-social-security-card/

10 hours ago, Hindhustani said:

@Spartan @Pitta 

Have credit lock 

2 minutes ago, Hindhustani said:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/preventing-fraud/security-freeze/

yes i used LifeLock services. i took that subscription right after Equifax data leak. it will give you services like deep web scan your details of you ssn number , cards, driving licence numbers,phone numbers...etc