Funny/Interesting memes

Shameless

1 hour ago, Shameless said:

May be an image of ocean, sky and text that says 'Russia Alaska Monday- 12h Sunday -15h'

In my spare time, i open google earth on big screen and just keep playing around with it and try to process in my mind the locations & timezones, people, weather and I look up in google maps the pictures etc.,..

As effective as it is, our understanding and the way we defined times and timezones is very skewed.. It's hard for me to comprehend the south/north pole and their timezones..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, summer27 said:

In my spare time, i open google earth on big screen and just keep playing around with it and try to process in my mind the locations & timezones, people, weather and I look up in google maps the pictures etc.,..

As effective as it is, our understanding and the way we defined times and timezones is very skewed.. It's hard for me to comprehend the south/north pole and their timezones..

What we see is mercator projection in all maps and navigation software. It is skewed because as you move away from equator it inflates the size. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_projection#/media/File:Worlds_animate.gif 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

What we see is mercator projection in all maps and navigation software. It is skewed because as you move away from equator it inflates the size. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_projection#/media/File:Worlds_animate.gif 

I wish the world moves away from this mercator projection - it gives false impression that europe, USA and Russia appears a way larger than it is.