PHD cheyalante

sugarrush

Just now, sugarrush said:

CS/IS koda lab? Time naku criteria kadu. Dependents leru

for CS IS why do you even need a PHD. If you want to go to research on a specific topic like robotics , embedded sytems , signal processing etc only then opt for PHD. If you do PHD and become software engineer thats the shittiest thing ever

18 minutes ago, sugarrush said:

Avna? #$1

India Nena option.. India phd ki value untundha? I gave gre..can v use tht?

Assuming you are on H1B , unless you want to move to F1 student visa... then you can register for a PhD here... But you don't want to loose your work visa as I am not sure what your plans are for future in regards to marriage .. wife .. kids... The only other option I see is registering in India... Indian PhDs do have value.... It depends what you want to do with your PhD...33mtnj.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jambalhaatraja said:

for CS IS why do you even need a PHD. If you want to go to research on a specific topic like robotics , embedded sytems , signal processing etc only then opt for PHD. If you do PHD and become software engineer thats the shittiest thing ever

AI/ML ok na? PHDs chestunaru vati meda in office

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

Assuming you are on H1B , unless you want to move to F1 student visa... then you can register for a PhD here... But you don't want to loose your work visa as I am not sure what your plans are for future in regards to marriage .. wife .. kids... The only other option I see is registering in India... Indian PhDs do have value.... It depends what you want to do with your PhD...33mtnj.gif

Work use undada? Our IT head phd Ivy League. India ante requirements chepandi

6 minutes ago, sugarrush said:

AI/ML ok na? PHDs chestunaru vati meda in office

Yes you can..but after PHD try to join a start up or become some principal researcher in a top company or go to academia.

Remember just having PHD next to your name will got give you any benefits.

PHD is not your hard work sacrific bongu boshanam , its your area of expertise and your professor. if he is an a** you are screwed and you will leave PHD mid way 

• Like 1

Just now, jambalhaatraja said:

Yes you can..but after PHD try to join a start up or become some principal researcher in a top company or go to academia.

Remember just having PHD next to your name will got give you any benefits. 

Thank you. Na target koda Corporate side researcher... teaching interest ledu. Hoping my work ex use vuntundani

7 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

only if you do it from good schools .... IISC.. IIT...

2 minutes ago, sugarrush said:

Thank you. Na target koda Corporate side researcher... teaching interest ledu. Hoping my work ex use vuntundani

If targetting US universities go only for IVY League. If non ivy league they are equal to udemy courses

• Thanks 1

Just now, jambalhaatraja said:

If targetting US universities go only for IVY League. If non ivy league they are equal to udemy courses

Gre 315 ok? Another attempt ivala?

Just now, sugarrush said:

Gre 315 ok? Another attempt ivala?

you are still in the MS mind set..not GRE man try do get some pre research work done and reach out to professors. GRE score is just a number. If PHD mindset you have 330 should be a cake walk for you

6 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

you are still in the MS mind set..not GRE man try do get some pre research work done and reach out to professors. GRE score is just a number. If PHD mindset you have 330 should be a cake walk for you

Ok gre malli try chesta, MS uni profs ni aduguta.. other uni profs contact ante respond avakapovachu... Will try

20 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

Why only Ivy League?you realize not all ivy leagues have good cs programs right? There are many other universities which have a better cs program than a few Ivy League schools.

• Upvote 1