Is SDET a good career?

TriStateBabu

Hello brothers/sisters of the db,

please advice cheyandi if sdet is a good career and will have demand/jobs for the next 10 years. If this is not a good choice, please suggest a another route. Personally, I am not much of a programmer, and probably I cannot clear hardcore programming careers. TIA.

18 minutes ago, sugarrush said:

Microsoft bagane pay chestharani vinna.

Selenium side work chesthunara?

ledu bro, I am not doing automation . Asalu just microsoft ee hire cheskuntara sdet role lo? Do other companies hire for this role? Is it a recommended career path for the next 5-10 years?

2 minutes ago, lovable said:

SDET ipudu antha sava dobbing anta..minimum 2 program languages/dev ops/ one cloud mandatory for atleast to give interview.. 

oh...is it a good field bro to get into ?

26 minutes ago, TriStateBabu said:

ledu bro, I am not doing automation . Asalu just microsoft ee hire cheskuntara sdet role lo? Do other companies hire for this role? Is it a recommended career path for the next 5-10 years?

Manual tester 10 years kastam. Automation side untayi. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Not anymore, SDET is old way bro it's done now. 

Learn programing, devops, data engineering then you can have some future

Hi bro, devops is being done now by developers ani vinnanu. Do you recommend any particular job role i.e data engineer or devops or others? Do I need to crack programming interviews to these positions? 

4 minutes ago, TriStateBabu said:

Hi bro, devops is being done now by developers ani vinnanu. Do you recommend any particular job role i.e data engineer or devops or others? Do I need to crack programming interviews to these positions? 

Devops with some programming skills fine bro, 10 years solid future

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TriStateBabu said:

please advice cheyandi if sdet is a good career and will have demand/jobs for the next 10 years. If this is not a good choice, please suggest a another route. Personally, I am not much of a programmer, and probably I cannot clear hardcore programming careers. TIA.

next 10 years yes. Too much expectations. SDET is like too wide, from API automation, web driver automation, and appium automation, Jenkins pipeline setup etc. 

SDET also they expect Software Dev level coding in interview 

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 2:07 PM, zarathustra said:

Devops with some programming skills fine bro, 10 years solid future

bro, can you suggest tech stack for a beginner to start learning? Is there way to keep projects in resume without faking experience?

On 5/27/2021 at 1:10 PM, TriStateBabu said:

Tricky question bro. Before I could answer, can you tell me what you want to be? or like, how your thought process works like? A Developer (Solution oriented agnostic of time limits), A Programmer (Quick Executor, doesn't care about bugs), A Tester (Skeptical Thinking). And for your your question "Is SDET a good career?"; it depends on the company's business domain you are working in. Transaction Related Domains (Retail, Insurance, Mortgage, Banking, Manufacturing) - Yes. Software Product Related Domains (Salesforce,Twitter, FB,Google,linkedIn etc etc) - No

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TriStateBabu said:

bro, can you suggest tech stack for a beginner to start learning? Is there way to keep projects in resume without faking experience?

Start with Python bro. For Data Engineer positions.

On 5/30/2021 at 9:21 PM, kfrockz said:

Start with Python bro. For Data Engineer positions.

Thank you for the suggestions above, bro. I am interested in data engineer, but this is different from being a developer , correct. It deals with working with data only. Is this a good career with decent prospects for the next 10 years, can I do any projects that I can put in resume (without faking) to attend interviews? 

On 6/1/2021 at 4:23 PM, TriStateBabu said:

Thank you for the suggestions above, bro. I am interested in data engineer, but this is different from being a developer , correct. It deals with working with data only. Is this a good career with decent prospects for the next 10 years, can I do any projects that I can put in resume (without faking) to attend interviews? 

Data Engineering got evolved over the years bro. First thing I remember about it was writing procs in MainFrames, then came data warehousing with tools like Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStaging etc. Worked on Ab Intio for a while. After that it was using code like Talend and then BigData with python. But, over all these years, what I realized is it will forever be changing. Python enduku annanu ante, it's easy to learn and once you start writing ETL codes using python; slowly you can transform yourself into a functional programmer in python (trust me, it'd happen without you knowing it). So, nee prospect nxt 10 years aite, I would strongly suggest u learn the architecture of Big Data (Hadoop) and start writing the UDF codes using python. Another option would be learning tools like Tableau for data projection. I personally wouldn't suggest this as market get's saturated very fast for these jobs. Also, it depends on the demographic where you are seeking the job.

• Thanks 1