anyone into fishing here

kasi

59 minutes ago, kasi said:

see what fish is in your area and look for lures for that fish and try 

fishbrain anea app untundhi.......will show you what fish is in your area n what lure gets u thr best chances

boat lo yala vellav? did you rent??? details please 

Maa degara lake Chabot ani untadi they have small boats  , it's like 25 per hour emo untadi , madya lo apukoni you can keep casting , a fishing line oka sari a chinna propelar lo chikku padi abbo

App kuda undi bro , trout bass bongu unayi ani cheparu but I am doing something wrong

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Maa degara lake Chabot ani untadi they have small boats  , it's like 25 per hour emo untadi , madya lo apukoni you can keep casting , a fishing line oka sari a chinna propelar lo chikku padi abbo

App kuda undi bro , trout bass bongu unayi ani cheparu but I am doing something wrong

thanks for the info 

try different lures n watch videos how to fish in your area.....good luck

1 hour ago, kasi said:

i am newbie man..... just hooking into fishing 

ordered my telescopic rod - Sougayilang(7).....upgrading from walmart rod/reel

any suggestion about rods and reels??? is telescopic worth?? i chose telescopic so i can carry it around super easy

any thought??

please remember i am a noob.......please give your suggestion from a beginner perspective......i will slowly move up the ladder  

I say this always.. if you are a noob and doesn't have family not into fishing.. start off with participating in events conducted by your local fish and game.. they will be either free or a nominal fee.. all gear will be given by them.. after you pick some knowledge from them and the fauna in your locality, you can decide on the gear you want to invest in based on your interest as well.. directly jumping into it like this will be very discouraging in the future as your progress will be slow out of ignorance.. 

naa taggare three telescopic rods vunnayi.. still not pleased..

7 minutes ago, MRI said:

I say this always.. if you are a noob and doesn't have family not into fishing.. start off with participating in events conducted by your local fish and game.. they will be either free or a nominal fee.. all gear will be given by them.. after you pick some knowledge from them and the fauna in your locality, you can decide on the gear you want to invest in based on your interest as well.. directly jumping into it like this will be very discouraging in the future as your progress will be slow out of ignorance.. 

I think this is not needed ,

I directly jumped into fishing starting with a casting reel & rod which most of the beginners will not do ... I was lucky to have a Tennessee guy who was very good in fishing..  

When it comes to fishing , all you need is a fishing buddy during start who can teach how to cast a fishing line,  how to rig a bait... once you are into the fishing then you can invest on a good rod and reel combo...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dewarist said:

DB youth full experienced with plenty of fish

6 hours late... idhey edham anukuna..damnitt..kunda badhalu kottesadu @dewarist@3$%

I did Bass fishing a lot in the past, appatlo oka thella dosth undevadu vaadu fishing aficionado. 

Ippudunna place lo maaku water e karuvaaye ika chepale takkuva

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:11 AM, Joker_007 said:

Give you briefly...

Reel and Rod :- 

If you do not have Car then Telescopic rod would be fine.

Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Combo is a good choice for you .. this is a 2 piece rod so you can keep this in trunk of your car. 

Important thing is this combo do not come with fishing wire. You need to buy it separately,  Dicks Sporting Goods or Cabela's will have both price is same as Amazon & Walmart, ask them to suggest a suitable fishing line for this. I would recommend to use 10-12LB line (brand name :- Ande). They will spool this line free for you.

Fishing Tackle :-

Walmart is the best place for you to buy them, Cabela's and Dicks have wide variety which is lot confusing for beginners. 

1) Barrel Swivels 1 Pack, below is the link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eagle-Claw-Lazer-Sharp-Barrel-Swivel-Black-Size-7-35-Pack/50370042

2) Egg Sinkers 2 different types 1OZ, 2OZ 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eagle-Claw-2-oz-Egg-Sinkers-Lead-2-Pack-Weight/187242189

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bullet-Weights-EGI5-24-Lead-Egg-Sinker-Size-1-oz-Fishing-Weights/16889086

3)  Fishing Hook Set. Start with Small Hook first

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eagle-Claw-Baitholder-Hook-Assortment-144-Count-Assorted-Sizes/16507368

4)  Fishing Rig (Setup) to use 

Use the below setup for your fishing... This is called Carolina Rig good for almost every fish. Works every where Slat water , Rivers , Streams , Ponds etc. Get three types of weights , 1 Oz, 2 OZ this is sufficient for you. 

Carolina-Rig-Setup-Guide-Infographic-768

5) Bait to Use :- 

I do not use Live Bait for catching fish instead I use plastics.

Live Bait differs by the Fish species you are trying to catch. For beginners Canadian Night Crawlers is a go to bait, All Walmart locations will have this one Do          not buy the small Big O worms or the meal worms they are not good. If you are trying to catch Asian Carp use Canned Corn (avlble in walmart). For Cat fish  use Beef/Chicken/Raw or Cooked Shrimp

great stuff man, thanks for all the info....very very well put together 

i have a question, any apart from space......any particular reasons why you don't prefer telescopic poles??

On 6/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, MRI said:

any particular reasons about telescopic rods??

and how do you search for events??? go by near tackle shops??

On 6/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, Joker_007 said:

I think this is not needed ,

I directly jumped into fishing starting with a casting reel & rod which most of the beginners will not do ... I was lucky to have a Tennessee guy who was very good in fishing..  

When it comes to fishing , all you need is a fishing buddy during start who can teach how to cast a fishing line,  how to rig a bait... once you are into the fishing then you can invest on a good rod and reel combo...

agreed about fishing buddy.........

3 minutes ago, kasi said:

great stuff man, thanks for all the info....very very well put together 

i have a question, any apart from space......any particular reasons why you don't prefer telescopic poles??

Telescope poles are designed for travel and lighter use,  the pieces will Jam pretty quickly if you do not care them regularly..

Also I have truck which would carry my lengthy fishing poles easily .. I prefer to use 2 piece rods if I use my car ... 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kasi said:

any particular reasons about telescopic rods??

and how do you search for events??? go by near tackle shops??

If you are using Facebook then try using search term Fishing in <your State> if you got any group suggestions just subscribe to it.. you will get the feed which is a starter... also your state DEEP site will have official Facebook page join that too you will know the events...