Travel With AP on H1-B, I-485 EAD Renewal Pending

aceruser

I have an approved I-797 until Nov, 2023 but don't have the visa stamping for the same. I have a Pending I-485 and approved combo card (EAD + AP) which expires in Jan, 2022, I am planning to apply for extension of EAD + AP combined in Jul, 2021.

Once the extension (EAD + AP) application is received by uscis, i want to travel out of country and come back to USA in 2 months before my current AP expiry (Jan, 2022).

1. Will it effect my Pending I-485 AOS application ?
  2. Will it effect my extension (EAD + AP) application ?
  3. What will happen to my extension (EAD + AP) application, Both EAD & AP will be approved or only EAD will be approved ?
  4. I would like to continue working for my existing employer with the approved I-797 once i am back to USA by showing AP at the port of entry. At the end of this year i will travel to india for H1-B stamping. Is it possible or do i need file H1B amendment/extension to retain H1-B status and go for stamping ?
  5. Did anyone applied extension (EAD + AP), more than 180 days prior to the expiration of the EAD/AP Combo Card ?

19 hours ago, aceruser said:

I have an approved I-797 until Nov, 2023 but don't have the visa stamping for the same. I have a Pending I-485 and approved combo card (EAD + AP) which expires in Jan, 2022, I am planning to apply for extension of EAD + AP combined in Jul, 2021.

Once the extension (EAD + AP) application is received by uscis, i want to travel out of country and come back to USA in 2 months before my current AP expiry (Jan, 2022).

1. Will it effect my Pending I-485 AOS application ?
  2. Will it effect my extension (EAD + AP) application ?
  3. What will happen to my extension (EAD + AP) application, Both EAD & AP will be approved or only EAD will be approved ?
  4. I would like to continue working for my existing employer with the approved I-797 once i am back to USA by showing AP at the port of entry. At the end of this year i will travel to india for H1-B stamping. Is it possible or do i need file H1B amendment/extension to retain H1-B status and go for stamping ?
  5. Did anyone applied extension (EAD + AP), more than 180 days prior to the expiration of the EAD/AP Combo Card ?

Hi bro AFAIK

1 no

2 and 3 extension AP risk only ead will be approved 

4 yes you can work on h1b i797

5 no information yet many of us are waiting for first ead and ap