KTR’s Tweet In Support Of Regional Languages Wins Hearts

Anta Assamey

KTR.jpg

Telangana Minister KTR lashed out at a government hospital in Delhi for ordering its Malayali nursing staff to converse in only Hindi and English, but not Malayalam. KTR said that every Indian should have the right to converse in a language of their choice and no one has can infringe on that basic right.

Earlier this morning, KTR shared a screenshot of this news article and tweeted, “This directive reeks of language chauvinism. India has 22 official languages & Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, etc are included. Every Indian should have the right to converse in a language of their choice & no one should infringe on that basic right.”

The concerned hospital took this bizarre decision after a patient complained that Malayalam is being used to communicate with each other on the work premises. The hospital administration also stated that strict action will be taken if the staff converses in Malayalam from now on.

Speaking to The Times of India, a Malayali nurse working at the hospital said that no such complaints were raised in the past. Apparently, they have been told that a patient raised the complaint and the order came from the Secretariat. She condemned the decision by saying that around 60% of the staff are Malayalis. She also added that they don’t speak to the patients in Malayalam. She further said that there are many Manipuri and Punjabi nurses who speak in their mother tongue but that didn’t become an issue for the administration.

vedu vedi overaction. Schools lo kuda english lo matladali ani rule petaru 

Hospital/company/institute oka language ki stick avamante problem ando

15 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

ide.. telugu lo kuda yedavacchu ga.

He is saying ppl can speak in whatever language they wish to. (English telugu urdu hindi, ur mother language, some one elses mother language) Please do not impose anything

4 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Yendhira by ee telugu /regional language gola - langa land vacchina kooda- yem aithandhi eeda @jawaani_jaaneman 

It's good kada, whatever land u go either langa land or whatever land, u can speak in whatever language u wish. Why bother forcing something useless on ppl. No need to force other regional language like Hindi on others

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, chintumintu1 said:

vedu vedi overaction. Schools lo kuda english lo matladali ani rule petaru 

Hospital/company/institute oka language ki stick avamante problem ando

Schools are different, when students join english medium schools they are paying schools to teach them english.

How can u stick to one language when different language ppl co exist in national capital? And what do u get by sticking to one language? They are speaking to their colleagues who can understand, they din't speak to some one(patients) who can't understand 

10 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Yendhira by ee telugu /regional language gola - langa land vacchina kooda- yem aithandhi eeda @jawaani_jaaneman 

crying inside kadara, that someone else is trying to use your narrative ani :D i can understand your pain.

2 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

crying inside kadara, that someone else is trying to use your narrative ani :D i can understand your pain.

i am here to promote narrative - what else is there of me here ? do you know my name or am i asking for money. if narrative is winning through ktr or kcr or jagga then i am winning.

9 minutes ago, Gravity said:

It's good kada, whatever land u go either langa land or whatever land, u can speak in whatever language u wish. Why bother forcing something useless on ppl. No need to force other regional language like Hindi on others

Exactly  but hindi language comes with power behind it. it is the language in central govt notices, parliament discussions, army commands etc. it is not fair and we should not be forced to live under it.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

i am here to promote narrative - what else is there of me here ? do you know my name or am i asking for money. if narrative is winning through ktr or kcr or jagga then i am winning.

if narrative is winning through ktr or kcr or jagga then i am whining. :D

corrected for you.. if you are really happy with the ktr statement, you will not respond this way. lol :D 

19 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said: