US used car prices have reached their peak, wholesale auction prices have already started to declining, meaning that retail prices are poised to follow.

Ryzen_renoir

9 hours ago, Sarvapindi said:

evad konnadu..dani original price e anthaledu

Boss, who said original price is not that much. It depends on the trim. I bought a trim that costed me about $48,000, including all taxes. 

9 hours ago, veerigadu said:

Is it even legal??

yes. Markup value over MSRP is legal.. All Hyundai dealers are selling PAlisade with $5,000 markup value. There is a lot of demand for Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride. I like my Palisade very much. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, veerigadu said:

Is it even legal??

Maximum "suggested" retail price , they can markup all they want .

Unlike india which uses maximum retail price , so can't sell above it

1 minute ago, jawaani_jaaneman said:

@Ryzen_renoir I have just checked value of my car and you know what, used car prices have indeed gone up by 20%.

Ofc they did but when coppart auctions are trending downwards , the retail markets will also go down in the future . 

I give it six months for most models to go down to normal prices , popular models may take a year to normalise

4 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Ofc they did but when coppart auctions are trending downwards , the retail markets will also go down in the future . 

I give it six months for most models to go down to normal prices , popular models may take a year to normalise

I have just accepted an offer to sell my car. 20% more than KBB value. Selling almost at the same price for which I bought two years back.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jawaani_jaaneman said:

I have just accepted an offer to sell my car. 20% more than KBB value. Selling almost at the same price for which I bought two years back.

New cars are actually better deals than used cars now

5 hours ago, jawaani_jaaneman said:

Aithe ammeskuni kothadi konukkunte better ipude..

5 hours ago, jawaani_jaaneman said:

malla em car konnav ba? new car prices periginaya mari ? apudu no difference kada

4 minutes ago, dewarist said:

imo..Best time to sell a used car,  if you can wait a few months to buy another one

Caravana vaadu thaakuva isthunnadu did you compare car max and Carvana? 
I didn’t try in Car max yet but wanted to know it from you 

Just now, VictoryTDP said:

Caravana vaadu thaakuva isthunnadu did you compare car max and Carvana? 

carvana quoted me much lesser than carmax. I don't know what was his reasoning behind the lower quote.Dealing with carmax was better than carvana. And carvana does not quote match carmax.

21 minutes ago, dewarist said:

carvana quoted me much lesser than carmax. I don't know what was his reasoning behind the lower quote.Dealing with carmax was better than carvana. And carvana does not quote match carmax.

Thanks bro, Same for me, Carvana is quoting way lower price.

22 minutes ago, dewarist said:

It depends on how the area , model . 

Basically it boils down to how much can they resell it for . It doesn't hurt to shop around for offers 

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

It depends on how the area , model . 

Basically it boils down to how much can they resell it for . It doesn't hurt to shop around for offers 

In general i have heard carvana gives lower quotes than carmax , at least with a accident vehicle. Some dealers "advertise" that they will give $500-$1000 over carmax, but they try their best to sell you a car to get that.

Going to a dealership and negotiating a price is frustrating in my experience.

• Upvote 1