libraguy863

PS experts need help copying files from source to dest 

Src

filename_date1.csv 

filename_date2.csv 

filename_date3.csv 

Dest 

filename_date1.csv 

Here i want to copy the difference meaning the last 2 files only not the first ..thanks in advance

filename_date2.csv 

filename_date3.csv 

3 hours ago, libraguy863 said:

PS experts need help copying files from source to dest 

Src

filename_date1.csv 

filename_date2.csv 

filename_date3.csv 

Dest 

filename_date1.csv 

Here i want to copy the difference meaning the last 2 files only not the first ..thanks in advance

filename_date2.csv 

filename_date3.csv 

I think you can try this…

Check the flags..also in case…

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.management/copy-item?view=powershell-7.1

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

thanks bhai appreciate the links.. the copy process is working as expected i had it working but they is a  condition to pick newer files if they get sent like yesterday and todays files are sent today .. both should be picked . based on the date im picking current but as of today i got 2 files it picked todays and not yesterdays 

that condition i want to know how.. 

should work try this

Copy-Item \\server\Sites\xyz.com\App\scripts\xyz.txt \\server\destpath\abc\ -force
Copy-Item \\server\Sites\xyz.com\App\scripts\xyz.txt \\server\destpath\abc\ -force

30 minutes ago, libraguy863 said:

thanks bhai appreciate the links.. the copy process is working as expected i had it working but they is a  condition to pick newer files if they get sent like yesterday and todays files are sent today .. both should be picked . based on the date im picking current but as of today i got 2 files it picked todays and not yesterdays 

that condition i want to know how.. 

i cant recreate this scenario in my laptop..because i am using mac...just play around it...

as per my understanding...you might need to do these steps (if i am correct)...

1. first get the files which created today (or yesterday by tweeking th below...)

(Get-ChildItem -File | Where-Object {$_.CreationTime -gt (Get-Date).Date} | Measure-Object).Count 

2. do some google about "data piping". which passes the data from one cmdlet to another cmdlet...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_pipelines?view=powershell-7.1

3. in the "Copy-Item" cmdlet...you can use include and exclude...