Midnight Mass

Ellen

On 10/4/2021 at 12:08 AM, no01 said:

Not bad mini series….3rd mini series by Mike Flanagan in Netflix. I like his 1st one - haunting of the hill house…one of the best horror series…his 2nd one is too parledhu (haunting of bly manor) 

heard 4th one is coming in 2022….let’s see what topic he takes now 

He is my favourite director too.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:11 PM, mirchi_bajji said:

kinda started well. but as we go towards the final episodes , i felt the decisions made by characters were stupid and have no logic.  also some of the characters were wasted after lot of buildup.

That is the essence I guess ..blind faith, people actions ki rational vethakadam kastsme. But I absolutely loved the father and Bev actors. Mental acting chesaru. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:16 PM, Galactus said:

time pass watch , most of the characters were very unlikeable though but I guess that may be the point of the show..

Yeah. I'm blown away by how well he got us deep in to the bottom of how some people fall to the trap of blind faith, yet remain humans at the end of the day. It can hurt quite a few. But I loved all the long monologues, it requires great talent write such thought provoking dilogs. 

31 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Yeah. I'm blown away by how well he got us deep in to the bottom of how some people fall to the trap of blind faith, yet remain humans at the end of the day. It can hurt quite a few. But I loved all the long monologues, it requires great talent write such thought provoking dilogs. 

agreed...sometimes lengthy drama conversations or edaina character guriinchi detailed ga ekkuva focus pettadam slow/boring anipinchochu...but opikatho vinte, all. those details have logic and end lo we get an idea why story turned that way or why a character did that action etc....manchi skilful director. Horror series ani prathi scene scary ga theeyali ani cheyyakaunda, he focused on core plot

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, no01 said:

agreed...sometimes lengthy drama conversations or edaina character guriinchi detailed ga ekkuva focus pettadam slow/boring anipinchochu...but opikatho vinte, all. those details have logic and end lo we get an idea why story turned that way or why a character did that action etc....manchi skilful director. Horror series ani prathi scene scary ga theeyali ani cheyyakaunda, he focused on core plot

That's what I love the most about Mike Flanagan. Chala mandi horror anagane cheap ga dayyalu, jump scares, nalugu sound lu pettesi kanichestaru. But this guy showed how horror should be written with hill House. Dayyalu jump scares antha ekkuva lekundane manaki bhayam, eerieness srushtiastadu by digging deep into the plot. Midnight mass kuda anthe. Bev was so scary lol 

19 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

Started today. First episode done.

not the kind I usually pick

It will be taxing psychological ga not as much as haunting of the hill house, but it definitely puts u in a bit of a loop 

10 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Bev papa kuda Burari batch laage behave chestadi ee midnight mass lo, blind faith, blind faith everywhere 

who is she? Pregnant woman ah?

2 episodes chusa. I liked the conversations between Father and ex prisoner guy. DB lo @Hector8 laga matladadu.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

2 episodes chusa. I liked the conversations between Father and ex prisoner guy. DB lo @Hector8 laga matladadu.

Kaadu, that sister who has too much blind faith 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

Nak kuda aah conversations Chala nachayi, very thoughtful, Flanagan monologues lo thop anipichadu, also the father  guy nailed his role

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

Nak kuda aah conversations Chala nachayi, very thoughtful, Flanagan monologues lo thop anipichadu, also the father  guy nailed his role

He played sex predator in some other series. I couldn't get over that impression even in this series.

• Like 1