Fender bender ​😭

vidhya

I backed up into a USPS truck on the roadside. It was definitely illegally parked on the road side, but not sure what the rules are w.r.t USPS trucks, any idea? Will my insurance go up too?

1 hour ago, kfrockz said:

Did you take a photo of the incident?

yup

1 hour ago, DummyVariable said:

New Vehicle?

yup, cop said won't give you a citation as it was in a parking lot/private property 🤔. but I can get the accident report in a couple of days.  Antey ardham enti?

3 minutes ago, vidhya said:

yup

yup, cop said won't give you a citation as it was in a parking lot/private property 🤔. but I can get the accident report in a couple of days.  Antey ardham enti?

aite just send it to your insurance and let them talk. Since, it's parked illegally, you have the leverage. There's a good chance for your premium not to get bumped up. and to ur second question, they will just report it an accident per their policy saying minor incident involving no loss of life and minimal property damage and no citation as in no fine or penalty with in county/ city PD's authorization.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kfrockz said:

aite just send it to your insurance and let them talk. Since, it's parked illegally, you have the leverage. There's a good chance for your premium not to get bumped up. and to ur second question, they will just report it an accident per their policy saying minor incident involving no loss of life and minimal property damage and no citation as in no fine or penalty with in county/ city PD's authorization.

Already told to my insurance, will send the accident report once I get it. Thank you!

2 hours ago, vidhya said:

I backed up into a USPS truck on the roadside. It was definitely illegally parked on the road side, but not sure what the rules are w.r.t USPS trucks, any idea? Will my insurance go up too?

were you coming out of parking space?  since it's a USPS truck, what I knew from past experience is that USPS or any postal trucks can park anywhere unless there is a board that says no parking...

if you were backing our of parking space then it is your responsibility to make sure there are no obstructions or else you are responsible for any damages...%$#$

4 minutes ago, Shameless said:

were you coming out of parking space?  since it's a USPS truck, what I knew from past experience is that USPS or any postal trucks can park anywhere unless there is a board that says no parking...

if you were backing our of parking space then it is your responsibility to make sure there are no obstructions or else you are responsible for any damages...%$#$

yeah that's what I was thinking too. Nothing happened to the USPS truck though, but I got a big dent 😟. Let's see if I get accident forgiveness or something. Anyway, thanks for the inputs 👍

4 minutes ago, vidhya said:

yeah that's what I was thinking too. Nothing happened to the USPS truck though, but I got a big dent 😟. Let's see if I get accident forgiveness or something. Anyway, thanks for the inputs 👍

your are welcom...I had the similar experience in our office parking lot few years ago...I parked my car and was waiting for a colleague...someone backed out of their parking space and damaged my bumper, headlight, hood, and fender...called cops but they just gave an incident report...both insurances got involved and upon investigation by both insurances, the opposite party's insurance paid everything for my car's repair...so as per the insurance companies, the person backing our should make sure there are no obstructions..%$#$

7 minutes ago, vidhya said:

daanikem avtudi. 600 hp, 10mpg iche solid little mosnter adi.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vidhya said:

Ur insurance will definitely go up even if it’s not ur fault

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vidhya said:

USPS typically can park to deliver mail. Is it blocking main line avanni diff. nuvvelli gudhav kabatti neede tappu. if they are parked illegally they might be cited for parking ticket.

13 hours ago, Shameless said:

your are welcom...I had the similar experience in our office parking lot few years ago...I parked my car and was waiting for a colleague...someone backed out of their parking space and damaged my bumper, headlight, hood, and fender...called cops but they just gave an incident report...both insurances got involved and upon investigation by both insurances, the opposite party's insurance paid everything for my car's repair...so as per the insurance companies, the person backing our should make sure there are no obstructions..%$#$

13 hours ago, kfrockz said:

daanikem avtudi. 600 hp, 10mpg iche solid little mosnter adi.

13 hours ago, HugoStrange said:

Ur insurance will definitely go up even if it’s not ur fault

13 hours ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

USPS typically can park to deliver mail. Is it blocking main line avanni diff. nuvvelli gudhav kabatti neede tappu. if they are parked illegally they might be cited for parking ticket.

Yeah, distracted unna. Thanks for responses.