Is Atlas Shrugged going to come true?

Raven_Rayes

first of, AS is a silly book. Its heroes come off as pretentious feudal pricks, and most importantly human labour wasn't as easily replaceable then. If the heroes in that era did disappear, a thousand would have replaced them. The entire premise of the story is purely for propaganda and has no bearing with reality.

but forward to the future. Few people will control the robots that do most of the work, and may have the power to shrug off their role to keep the system running.

or is being concerned about that means giving too much credit to Musk/Bezos who are just money managers than innovators?

I heared good things about this book…

yet to read…

will start once i finish my ongoing books…

మనస్సు గతినే మార్చిన ఫ్రాయిడ్ (book)

చంగీస్‌ఖాన్ (audio book)

3 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

yet to read…

చంగీస్‌ఖాన్ (audio book)

you scare me.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ring_master said:

Fountainhead koncham ardam ayindi anna .. ee atlas shrugged ayte Em ardam kaaledu naku 

lite teesko. its about a bunch of individuals who think they are so important to the economic system, that they decide to stop the system by removing themselves from it and allowing it to fail.

its a silly premise in 1960s.

but in the future, those who control the robots and create all the productive gains in society, can do it.

or may be not. because there's always an active hacker culture to steal from these Musk/Bezos, and spread it all around.

Thought of reading it after watching RGV videos, but a friend suggested not to do. 

Here is the first thing I found about her. 

This actually got me curious about her and her work.

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

first of, AS is a silly book. Its heroes come off as pretentious feudal pricks, and most importantly human labour wasn't as easily replaceable then. If the heroes in that era did disappear, a thousand would have replaced them. The entire premise of the story is purely for propaganda and has no bearing with reality.

but forward to the future. Few people will control the robots that do most of the work, and may have the power to shrug off their role to keep the system running.

or is being concerned about that means giving too much credit to Musk/Bezos who are just money managers than innovators?

already happening in AP and India

all entrepreneurs and innovators are leaving

and just wait how supply chain crisis unfolds. innovation rich countries will react in a different way compared to blunt money management ( collect tax and distribute welfare) countries 

10 minutes ago, nuvvu_naakina_paalem said:

already happening in AP and India

all entrepreneurs and innovators are leaving

and just wait how supply chain crisis unfolds. innovation rich countries will react in a different way compared to blunt money management ( collect tax and distribute welfare) countries 

that's not the topic annay.

the entire world is getting better. people are getting stuff for a lot cheaper, most processes have achieved higher and higher efficiency.

Andhra/India okati enduku pointing? Indians have improved their quality of life no? I'm not talking about governance, but economic systems.

in future few people will control these systems, and they will have the power to hold it against the rest.

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Aa first sentence lo aapeyi.....

Yes.... It's a silly book.

Nenu chaduvaka anipinchindi. Time bokka. Mind dobbindi.

On other hand.... Naaku thelisina oka MBA batch vundi. AS vallaki bible, gita and koran. Common men andaru kalisi aa jaffa gallani mind use chesi emi peekanivvaru ani valla feeling....

Andaru wolves, dogs and foxes of Wall Street ani feel avutaru ley.

Manam puttaka mundu nunchi AS nijam avvudhi ani soorya Swami (anukokunda oka roju) laaga eduru chustunaru. (AS released in 1957)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

yet to read…

చంగీస్‌ఖాన్ (audio book)

baa evanna manchi kasak books unte seppu

15 minutes ago, r2d2 said:

surprised you haven’t read it yet..😀

book konna...kaani..chadavaledhu..

but two days back...found this as audio book..in storytel...so listening now...

i heared...it is great book...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

that's not the topic annay.

the entire world is getting better. people are getting stuff for a lot cheaper, most processes have achieved higher and higher efficiency.

Andhra/India okati enduku pointing? Indians have improved their quality of life no? I'm not talking about governance, but economic systems.

in future few people will control these systems, and they will have the power to hold it against the rest.

People are getting stuff cheap because of innovation and extreme optimization. 

Check the governments that are discouraging entrepreneurship and innovation, they are falling behind. US manufacturing sector is one such example