Estate Planning/Will Help !!

Howle

Hello Guys,

I  have no  clue about estate planning or will. An year ago or more ,I heard a desi couple died in an accident in dallas and their baby was taken over by Foster care as they didn't have will written.There was a lot of discussion happened in desi groups that   we need to write a will or do estate planning . We recently had a baby and would like to get suggestion from seniors on what are all the things I need to plan for my baby. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Howle said:

Hello Guys,

I  have no  clue about estate planning or will. An year ago or more ,I heard a desi couple died in an accident in dallas and their baby was taken over by Foster care as they didn't have will written.There was a lot of discussion happened in desi groups that   we need to write a will or do estate planning . We recently had a baby and would like to get suggestion from seniors on what are all the things I need to plan for my baby. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ltt

3 hours ago, MRI said:

oka website vundi.. cheap.. easy guidance.. gurtu raatledu.. pm me or ask me tomorrow.. laptop lo bookmark aayi vundi but I don't have that device until tomorrow..

Okay ltt

5 hours ago, MRI said:

oka website vundi.. cheap.. easy guidance.. gurtu raatledu.. pm me or ask me tomorrow.. laptop lo bookmark aayi vundi but I don't have that device until tomorrow..

Legalzoom?

7 hours ago, Howle said:

Hello Guys,

Thanks

Go to rocket lawyer…take a trail version for 30 days ..it has step by step approach in readable format…once you fill it…it will generate the document at the end…take a print out and get it signed by witness..if you want you can notariz it as well. I think even in plain paper, getting signed by witness should be good enough.

8 hours ago, Howle said:

Hello Guys,

Thanks

Rey @Howle antunna @Howle_Fans_Assoc

Understand what can go into a will and what does not. Talk to your spouse and explain this is a safeguard just like insurance, hopefully we do not use it, but this gives peace of mind etc. Assign grand parents and also some younger people as someone who can claim the child. Think someone in the same town, then USA and then someone in India. If your close friend lives 3000 miles away from your town - they should be 2nd priority but not 1st. 

There are several other factors that are applicable depending on your situation. 

Legal zoom and online sites are cheap. However, for first time I would say go meet a lawyer in person and take your spouse with you. 

I am so glad you posted this topic, now please pursue and put your will in place. 

• Like 1

Understand what can go into a will and what does not. Talk to your spouse and explain this is a safeguard just like insurance, hopefully we do not use it, but this gives peace of mind etc. Assign grand parents and also some younger people as someone who can claim the child. Think someone in the same town, then USA and then someone in India. If your close friend lives 3000 miles away from your town - they should be 2nd priority but not 1st. 

There are several other factors that are applicable depending on your situation. 

Legal zoom and online sites are cheap. However, for first time I would say go meet a lawyer in person and take your spouse with you. 

I am so glad you posted this topic, now please pursue and put your will in place. 

If you are an FTE - most companies have some kind of legal aid methods. They are real attorneys that can help with this. Kaasta pedda companies lo this is provided free of cost.