Estate Planning/Will Help !!

Howle

2 hours ago, tom brady said:

Legalzoom?

2 hours ago, pendurthi babu said:

Go to rocket lawyer…take a trail version for 30 days ..it has step by step approach in readable format…once you fill it…it will generate the document at the end…take a print out and get it signed by witness..if you want you can notariz it as well. I think even in plain paper, getting signed by witness should be good enough.

these two

1 hour ago, phatposts said:

Understand what can go into a will and what does not. Talk to your spouse and explain this is a safeguard just like insurance, hopefully we do not use it, but this gives peace of mind etc. Assign grand parents and also some younger people as someone who can claim the child. Think someone in the same town, then USA and then someone in India. If your close friend lives 3000 miles away from your town - they should be 2nd priority but not 1st. 

There are several other factors that are applicable depending on your situation. 

Legal zoom and online sites are cheap. However, for first time I would say go meet a lawyer in person and take your spouse with you. 

I am so glad you posted this topic, now please pursue and put your will in place. 

If you are an FTE - most companies have some kind of legal aid methods. They are real attorneys that can help with this. Kaasta pedda companies lo this is provided free of cost.

Thank you for all the details. Is there any specific type of attorney who takes care of these? I am FTE but we don't have legal service for free. As part of estate planning or will , do we need to put in all financial details like what we own here in US and also in India? Or is it just high level that says anything we own will belong to the child?

2 hours ago, pendurthi babu said:

Go to rocket lawyer…take a trail version for 30 days ..it has step by step approach in readable format…once you fill it…it will generate the document at the end…take a print out and get it signed by witness..if you want you can notariz it as well. I think even in plain paper, getting signed by witness should be good enough.

Is this document that can be stored online or its a physical copy we need to store it somewhere like locker? Also do we need to get it signed by the witness even after notarization?

We had a will written with legalzoom more than a decade back. I tried to reach them during covid to make changes and no response. Now thinking of going to a proper attorney and doing will/trust.

I tried to key in the number on our document and search but didn't pull anything.

Manchi useful post. Experts please suggest what are the easy and not too much paper work services available for this.  Just for kid legal guardian and US bank lo unna dabbula kosam.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phatposts said:

Family law attorneys usually do estate planning. Rules and statuaries change by state. This is serious stuff and talk to an attorney. 

Usually Will can be written as per your (you & spouse) wish. When it comes to financial stuff - by default spouse inherits. If you specify someone other than spouse, it should be with written consent from spouse signed in front of a notary. 

It can get as complicated as you want to be. 

Simple gaa aithe - you can assign a legal guardian and they will draw a small portion from your finances and "give" to your child till they hit 18. Tarvata child can inherit some till 21 and everything after 21. Vaatillo chala chala structured ways lo cheyyachu - for instance under grad certain GPA tho complete aithene 150K draw cheyyachu, pelliki 50K, grand kids ki X amount ala. But all that is advanced planning. 

First aithe process start cheyyi - attorney will explain options. 

Thank you Bro. I will start the process ASAP. 

ఏటీసేత్తాం.. నాను కాంగ్రెసు పార్టీ లో అయినా ముఖ్యమంత్రి అవుదామనుకుంటే.. అప్పుడు రెడ్డికే ఇచ్చారు.. పోనీ దిగమింగిన నేత పోయి నాకు ముఖ్యమంత్రి పదవి వస్తాదనుకుంటే.. మళ్లీ రెడ్డేనే చేశారు.. నాను చచ్చేలోపైనా.. ముఖ్యమంత్రి పదవి వస్తాదా🤔🙄

If ur FTE, try to enroll in company legal plan. Max 1k lo ayipothadi.

Okkavela plan lo lekhapothey 2-3k.

U can get it done for cheaper price too. But I prefer reputed company in this matter. Bay area lo aithey Singh law firm very famous.

Basic gaa okka trust kooda create chestharu Mee family ki. House etc anni trust kindaki move chestharu. 

Nee bank accounts annitlo primary beneficiary gaa wife ni add cheyyi. Secondary gaa kids ni

46 minutes ago, MiryalgudaMaruthiRao said:

ఏటీసేత్తాం.. నాను కాంగ్రెసు పార్టీ లో అయినా ముఖ్యమంత్రి అవుదామనుకుంటే.. అప్పుడు రెడ్డికే ఇచ్చారు.. పోనీ దిగమింగిన నేత పోయి నాకు ముఖ్యమంత్రి పదవి వస్తాదనుకుంటే.. మళ్లీ రెడ్డేనే చేశారు.. నాను చచ్చేలోపైనా.. ముఖ్యమంత్రి పదవి వస్తాదా🤔🙄

Dude not in threads like this plzz