Any of you used margin in trading accounts

Hindhustani

4 minutes ago, Hindhustani said:

Let say our portfolio worth is 100k and we took 50 k margin , if I loose 50 k , then they will sell all stocks automatically ?

Call the customer service bro, they will clearly explain it to you and it is better that way.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hindhustani said:

Let say our portfolio worth is 100k and we took 50 k margin , if I loose 50 k , then they will sell all stocks automatically ?

Nee investment 50K and they gave 50K margin and if your total value falls close to 50K they will issue margin call. Also note 50% portfolio paditey nee dabbul 0 avtaye as they will take their 50K

2 hours ago, Hindhustani said:

Sure bro , you mean until feb market will fluctuate?

Dec last week red untadhi sell off and malli jan and feb bane untadhi. But march nunchi lite buy time adhi. Epudu em cheppalem e variants tho. 

4 hours ago, Hindhustani said:

I used Robinhood margin , since all growth stocks falling and some of my growth stock become penny stocks ..

worried that market will continue to fall down  .. as it falls further my account is reaching to deficit and I’m keep selling some stocks though I’m in 50% losses.. Is RH sells my stocks if I don’t sell when account deficit reached rather I choose and sell ? 

if any of you in this position please suggest.. thank you ..

learning life time mistakes .. 

Yes they sell if it falls further, maybe you can sell some worst ones that you think cant go up soon and buy later when things settle 

what stocks you are holding?

I used Robinhood margin , since all growth stocks falling and some of my growth stock become penny stocks ..

worried that market will continue to fall down  .. as it falls further my account is reaching to deficit and I’m keep selling some stocks though I’m in 50% losses.. Is RH sells my stocks if I don’t sell when account deficit reached rather I choose and sell ? 

if any of you in this position please suggest.. thank you ..

learning life time mistakes .. 

Take it easy...50k is not a big amount.

You can recoup.

Also....investing in S&P500 is the best...all happies.

13 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

Take it easy...50k is not a big amount.

You can recoup.

Also....investing in S&P500 is the best...all happies.

Quameedy.  It’s a relative. May they are his 3-4 year savings. 

They will first issue margin call for you. Means they will ask you to deposit some amount into account. If you don’t deposit by the date/ time they asked.  They will sell 

11 hours ago, Aryaa said:

Quameedy.  It’s a relative. May they are his 3-4 year savings. 

Doesn't matter....he can recoup it by doing another job for 5 months if thats the case.