Jagan pitches for millet cultivation, organic farming

Anta Assamey

The Andhra Pradesh government is seriously considering the options to encourage the cultivation of alternatives to paddy by the farmers in the state.

Reviewing the agriculture sector on Monday, Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy directed the concerned officials to create awareness among the farmers on cultivation of alternative crops, instead of paddy, in areas under borewell irrigation.

Moves are afoot to constitute a millet board, and set up processing units in areas where cultivation of millet is more widespread. The department has also been tasked with providing incentives to natural farming, official sources said on Monday.

The Chief Minister directed the officials to ensure better income for farmers through alternative crops and to provide incentives for cultivation of millet.

Along with creating awareness among the farmers on organic farming, the Chief Minister pushed for promoting organic methods instead of chemical fertilisers and pesticides.

The state government is preparing to act tough against the sale of fake or adulterated seeds, pesticides and fertilisers.

"Amendments will be made to the Act in this regard, and an ordinance would be released if needed," the Chief Minister said.

8 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

I see a clause being created.... Raitu Bharosa only for Organic Farming antaru emo ...torch.gif

Konni thappavemo.. forceful gaa cheyinchali emo. Rice okkatey pandistham antey sustainable kaadhu imo… govt should encourage alternate farming and provide infra.

i agree with ur concern. Scemes eggotadaniki ee where clauses pedutharu kaani genuince concern tho kaadhu ley

21 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

The Andhra Pradesh government is seriously considering the options to encourage the cultivation of alternatives to paddy by the farmers in the state.

Reviewing the agriculture sector on Monday, Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy directed the concerned officials to create awareness among the farmers on cultivation of alternative crops, instead of paddy, in areas under borewell irrigation.

Moves are afoot to constitute a millet board, and set up processing units in areas where cultivation of millet is more widespread. The department has also been tasked with providing incentives to natural farming, official sources said on Monday.

The Chief Minister directed the officials to ensure better income for farmers through alternative crops and to provide incentives for cultivation of millet.

Along with creating awareness among the farmers on organic farming, the Chief Minister pushed for promoting organic methods instead of chemical fertilisers and pesticides.

The state government is preparing to act tough against the sale of fake or adulterated seeds, pesticides and fertilisers.

"Amendments will be made to the Act in this regard, and an ordinance would be released if needed," the Chief Minister said.

i think this is a good strategy, people may not afford rice anymore in AP, anduku mana Jagan anna cheaper grain ki roadmap estunnadu, health ki koda manchidi, i mean both millets and eating less food

inka Jaffadas randi .. 

45 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Konni thappavemo.. forceful gaa cheyinchali emo. Rice okkatey pandistham antey sustainable kaadhu imo… govt should encourage alternate farming and provide infra.

i agree with ur concern. Scemes eggotadaniki ee where clauses pedutharu kaani genuince concern tho kaadhu ley

I agree with you, even though the intention was to reduce its burden of free money.... if implemented something good will come out...

52 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

edho news lo chusha ... rice pandinchatam alaka easy anta ... varey daniki ekuva time ketainchali ....

Just now, argadorn said:

edho news lo chusha ... rice pandinchatam alaka easy anta ... varey daniki ekuva time ketainchali ....

least labor intensive and least inputs...and assured returns. anduke manollu pani katukuni mari paddy estaru

Just now, Raven_Raeyes said:

least labor intensive and least inputs...and assured returns. anduke manollu pani katukuni mari paddy estaru

yeah ... farmers ni introduce cheyali em cheyali ani ... adhi eppudo vasthadho

18 minutes ago, argadorn said:

yeah ... farmers ni introduce cheyali em cheyali ani ... adhi eppudo vasthadho

New generation farmers are quite flexible at adapting new techniques...so ir gen full ga takeover cheyadaniki inkoka 10 years..atarvata emana change possible...elago new laws and politics tho ayye pani kadu, demographic changes ki vadileyadame...

3 hours ago, argadorn said:

Easy okkatey kadu. Mana farmers experts rice pandiyadam lo. Initial pettubadi thakkuva migithavatitho compare chesthey

7 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

i think this is a good strategy, people may not afford rice anymore in AP, anduku mana Jagan anna cheaper grain ki roadmap estunnadu, health ki koda manchidi, i mean both millets and eating less food

inka Jaffadas randi .. 

what about people in Ram Rajya of UP?