Biden ga Endi ra maaku ee daridram

TheRealBulBul

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/taxes/cash-apps-to-report-payments-of-600-or-more/

Public Service Announcement‼️‼️‼️
If you use Zelle, CashApp, Venmo, or another peer-to-peer cash transferring platform, KEEP READING:

The Biden Administration passed a new tax rule in the American Rescue Plan Act and it is being dubbed "The $600 Tax Rule."

Starting January 1, 2022 if you receive $600 or more in a year on a peer-to-peer cash transfer platform you will receive a 1099-K form (for income reporting purposes).  You are federally required to report that money as taxable income.

So if you SELL items online and use these cash transferring platforms, you must provide the IRS with receipts that prove you paid more than what you sold them for so the money you collect is not considered taxable income.

The purpose of this is to "close the tax gap."  My friends, please keep track of your big ticket purchase receipts in case you ever decide to sell, and ask to be paid in CASH if it is not for business purposes.

Why is this good???
So the government can crack down on people not claiming taxable income on goods or services sold via peer-to-peer cash transfer platforms.

Why is this bad???
Because if you sell your old couch or loan money to a friend who pays you back via Zelle, Venmo, etc. you will have to pay taxes on the sale of your couch if you cannot provide a receipt, and you have to explain to the IRS why you gifted your bestie money and then you might have to pay taxes on the money you loaned them when they pay you back. The list goes on...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1319

• Upvote 1

you dont need to worry unless you fall under selling commodity and collecting money via those apps.

2020 lo ne IRS announce chesindi and it will come into rule from January.

The Apps have changed their backend processing,

transfer ayye tappudu, they record the transaction based on sale or friendly transfer.

end of the year ki they are bound to send 1099 form with all transactions that needs to be reported or not.

most of us dont fall in that category.... 600$ or more for a year

so cchill...this is to keep track of illegal activities

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Spartan said:

you dont need to worry unless you fall under selling commodity and collecting money via those apps.

transfer ayye tappudu, they record the transaction based on sale or friendly transfer.

end of the year ki they are bound to send 1099 form with all transactions that needs to be reported or not.

My tenant is paying her rent through Venmo. How does it effect me? I am already reporting that income as rental income. If I club my personal an business transactions then it will be a problem right?

8 minutes ago, megadheera said:

My tenant is paying her rent through Venmo. How does it effect me? I am already reporting that income as rental income. If I club my personal an business transactions then it will be a problem right?

I are good, I make 5K income every month and report ba 

26 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Frnds daggara oka 10K teeskuntey Enti va paristiti