People taking Subway - be very careful

tennisluvrredux

Football and family were on Richard Washington’s Sunday afternoon agenda when he was stabbed in the neck and partially paralyzed in an unprovoked knife attack on a Queens subway platform, relatives said.

Most Sundays, even through the pandemic, Washington, 36, would leave the Far Rockaway homeless shelter where he stayed to spend time in Brooklyn with his family or girlfriend, said his sister, Raven Washington.

Cops said Richard Washington was waiting for a Manhattan-bound A train in the Rockaway Blvd. station in Ozone Park when a man with a knife approached him from behind shortly before 2:30 p.m. Without saying a word, the attacker stabbed Washington twice in the right side of the neck and took off as Washington crumpled to the ground.

Richard Washington, 36
Richard Washington, 36 (Obtained by New York Daily News)

Medics rushed him to Jamaica Hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition — and could be paralyzed from the neck down, police said.

His sister said Washington was able to move his right arm and shrug his left shoulder ― and hopes the paralysis is only temporary.

She said he still has trouble breathing, but was able to eat regularly. Doctors told her they expect him to be in a wheelchair for a while, and are making plans to put him in a rehabilitation center.

“It’s just the breathing, but other than that he is OK,” the sister said. “He’s pushing. He’s fighting hard, but he’s OK.”

Raven Washington said detectives told her the subway stabbing was a random attack.

“We don’t know who the guy is,” she said. “My brother doesn’t even know who the guy is, and I think the problem is that there is too much mental illness going on and it’s not being fixed. The thing is I don’t want to sit here and say ‘get this guy’ and ‘get justice’ and I don’t even know what his mental state is.”

Raven said her brother, an avid Dallas Cowboys fan, was on his way to Brooklyn when he was attacked. Relatives had gotten home from church around the time of the assault and were expecting him to show up before stopping by another relative’s home to watch the Cowboys game.

“That day was sunny and warm out and we went to church,” Raven said. “That night, my mom was like, ‘That’s weird, Richard is not here.’ I never thought much of it because he would come and then stay for a few hours or come to Brooklyn or he wouldn’t come at all and stay with his girlfriend or auntie’s house.

Police released a surveillance photo of the suspect clutching the knife in his right hand after the attack.
Police released a surveillance photo of the suspect clutching the knife in his right hand after the attack. (DCPI)

“That day for some weird reason my mom was just shook. She was like, ‘Something is wrong. Richard is not here.’ She started panicking.”

Raven said her brother was just trying to enjoy the day.

“He wanted to go watch the football game,” Raven said. “He’s a huge Cowboys fan, so he loved them and he wanted to come out, watch a game like he would usually do on a Sunday and go home.”

“It gave us some relief that, you know, he wasn’t targeted. It was random,” she added. “For me I feel bad for my brother but at the same time I’m really feeling bad for the other person as well simply because if it is a mental illness, he has to get that checked out. If it’s not mental illness, then justice needs to be served.”

Raven described her brother as a “strong soldier” who used to work as a mechanic in a car shop. She said he was forced into the shelter after a storm damaged the Brooklyn building where he lived and left it inhabitable. He used to ride his bike or a moped to his family visits, she recounted, noting the moped broke down recently.

She also said her brother has a 12-year-old son and that his dog had died before the new year began.

TLDR folks koraku saransam

Be careful while taking Subway, evado okadu kattesukuni ochesi evado platform meeda nilabadi unnodini podichesadu for no reason. 

Ippudu aa podipinchukunnodu paralyzed for life from neck down 

AVOID SUBWAY