Early intervention for kids any idea

Abhagyudu

57 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Dont stress too much.. it has become very common and current pandemic is not helping either.

if possible, go to india for few months. The more the no of people they interact with, the better it is

tell your parents not to respond for visual cues and force them to speak. 

1 hour ago, Abhagyudu said:

Doctor referred my kid for some early intervention program...2.5 years old kaani enka speech ravatledu ani..edo some non-profit estundi ani cheppadu and said they will contact me soon to design the program. Any one any idea what to expect?

he is still small, India is a very good option, grand parents tho unte you will see so much improvement

1 hour ago, Abhagyudu said:

Doctor referred my kid for some early intervention program...2.5 years old kaani enka speech ravatledu ani..edo some non-profit estundi ani cheppadu and said they will contact me soon to design the program. Any one any idea what to expect?

He has to be around other kids all the time.. cut off iPads, phones and tv… most kids don’t even eat food without watching rhymes on tv or phone… 

start speech therapy immediately… spend lot of time with him talking to him… and have him  around lots of other kids.. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Abhagyudu said:

Don’t worry it’s common and proceed for evaluation 

• 4 weeks later...

Evaluation done.. therapy recommend chesaru..weekly one hour and increase frequency if no improvement..my kid is usually shy and it's new place for him..so enka valla daggaraki kuda peddaga poledu..but he was his usual when we came back.. thought we will try for 3 months and see

On 1/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, chandrabhai7 said:

Important things to see if he is pointing to thing he wants with eye contact 

He makes eye contact but doesn't always respond when calling him by his name... evaluation lo kuda Ade cheppru

8 minutes ago, Abhagyudu said:

Evaluation done.. therapy recommend chesaru..weekly one hour and increase frequency if no improvement..my kid is usually shy and it's new place for him..so enka valla daggaraki kuda peddaga poledu..but he was his usual when we came back.. thought we will try for 3 months and see

can he speak/play/respond/throw/showemotions?

Yes he responds and also plays well..but cannot put words together

.aa age lo at least 2 words cheppalanta according  to the therapist..he identifies some colors, spells alphabets and some numbers but doesn't ask for things..just pointing at them and drags me there

On 1/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, Abhagyudu said:

He spent an year there..active ga vunnadu..only speech is the problem..he blabbers but doesn't know to use words and doesn't try to repeat what we say  ekkada therapy start cheyyamannru..

antha worry avvalsina pani ledu valle punjukuntaru.