docker and kubernetes

tables

can someone please suggest good resources to learn docker and kubernetes? I would also like to do some project to get a little more hands on experience , any ideas for projects. I am not a frontend developer.

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, tables said:

can someone please suggest good resources to learn docker and kubernetes? I would also like to do some project to get a little more hands on experience , any ideas for projects. I am not a frontend developer.

Thank you!

Denni kottedi ledhu.. 

https://www.udemy.com/course/certified-kubernetes-administrator-with-practice-tests/ 

1 hour ago, tables said:

Thank you!

Install docket desktop and start with it.. don’t start k8s right away…

if you are a DBA try to run some db container on docker desktop by pulling image from docker hub and follow instructions

docker is straightforward and lot of documentation and help is out there… it’s just that you need to know where to start..

once you bring up docker then focus on docker compose and how to write a yaml file when you have multiple containers 

Install mini kuber for k8s on desktop and then get on to udemy CKA course and you will be an expert in kubernetes 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 8:29 AM, LadiesTailor said:

if you are a DBA try to run some db container on docker desktop by pulling image from docker hub and follow instructions

docker is straightforward and lot of documentation and help is out there… it’s just that you need to know where to start..

once you bring up docker then focus on docker compose and how to write a yaml file when you have multiple containers 

Install mini kuber for k8s on desktop and then get on to udemy CKA course and you will be an expert in kubernetes 

Docker on desktop already has kubernetes in it included. 

To add: 

1. learn container basics - it is just built on core linux functionality - cgroups , namespaces etc. Basic understanding of this goes a long way. If not, you'll be confused when something breaks. 

2. Kubernetes mostly abstracts docker (or Container run time) - again to understand you need how storage, networking works. https://sookocheff.com/post/kubernetes/understanding-kubernetes-networking-model/ - read documents like this. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:07 AM, tables said:

Thank you!

Acloudguru lo “kubernetes hard way” ane course vuntadi

vaadu from the core basics nunchi start chestaadu like creating certificates, cluster configurations, installing etcd…etc

Try it

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, shenkar said:

vaadu from the core basics nunchi start chestaadu like creating certificates, cluster configurations, installing etcd…etc

Try it

🙏 anna

1 hour ago, shenkar said:

Try it

As course ki docker pre requisite aa?

16 minutes ago, tables said:

As course ki docker pre requisite aa?

its not like that...before getting to k8s...need understanding of containers etc.. containers ante docker before k8s...

On 1/25/2022 at 7:29 AM, LadiesTailor said:

what are the prerequisities to learn docker?