‘End of an era’: India mourns Lata Mangeshkar's demise

bhaigan

Just now, bhaigan said:

I can understand your cry on Nehru

but dont disrespect Lata ji

nenu ekkada disrespect chesa. even the one whom you quoted also mentioned about her singing prowess compared to other singers; comparison chesinanatha matrana belittling chesinattu kaadu its their opinion. 

cry on Nehru ante self ga BR ichchukunte em cheptha nenu 

1 hour ago, bhaigan said:

Me jejamma vayasu unna ame gurinchi atlane matladuthav le kani

Remember she is Bharat Ratna , do you think that is easy to achieve ?

Do you know what chtra amma said about her ?

Edisinattundi vayya ee logic. So BR isthey she becomes a better singer than the others mentioned in the above list aa? Firstly, no playback singer deserves a BR if you ask me, because of the nature of playback singing itself. Only classical artists like Hindustani vidwaans like Pandit Bhimsen Joshi and Carnatic doyens like Bala Murali krishna deserve it. 

But film singers kooda arhulu anukunta pothey Suseelamma, Janakamma, Chitra chechi are all equally eligible to get that. In fact, even among male singers beyond SPB we can say KJ Yesudas is totally eligible for it. He is not just a playback singer but also a carnatic vidwaan, he even gives live concerts for Tyagaraja aradhana. Show me one video where Lata Mangeshkar could sing classical even in a movie, forget in live concert. 

Alane BR Rajiv Gandhi ki icharu, MGR ki icharu so adi ichinantha matranna vallu greatest Indian statesmen aah. LOL. 

As for Chitra chechi saying what she did about LM, of course all the singers support each other and genuinely care for each other. Even SPB poinappudu Sonu Nigam came on live and cried about his demise and how it affected him. 

44 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

nenu ekkada disrespect chesa. even the one whom you quoted also mentioned about her singing prowess compared to other singers; comparison chesinanatha matrana belittling chesinattu kaadu its their opinion. 

cry on Nehru ante self ga BR ichchukunte em cheptha nenu 

It's clear vayya, no playback singer deserves the BR. LM ki ichindi not because she's the greatest playback singer it's just because she's one of the first prominent voices to appear on Indian movie industry radar and a lot of people hold nostalgic memories of growing up listening to her tunes. Plus she sang in Bollywood and is from Mumbai which holds a lot of sway to make someone very popular, as simple as that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tennisluvrredux said:

It's clear vayya, no playback singer deserves the BR. LM ki ichindi not because she's the greatest playback singer it's just because she's one of the first prominent voices to appear on Indian movie industry radar and a lot of people hold nostalgic memories of growing up listening to her tunes. Plus she sang in Bollywood and is from Mumbai which holds a lot of sway to make someone very popular, as simple as that. 

who deserves BR is another debate ley 

1 minute ago, Dabbakai said:

who deserves BR is another debate ley 

No in this context it's totally relevant. Because @bhaigan keeps saying since LM got the BR she's the greatest singer ever anesi. That's not at all relevant, getting BR doesn't make someone the greatest. 

In fact all these Padma awards are absolute BS, South ollaki engili methukulu vidilchinattu oka Padma Sri or bhushan padesthey manam forever dasullaga behave cheyala Northie gallaki as @reality mentioned in another thread, Padma sri ichinanduku ippudu GNR Modi antha manishi ledu vaadu oka pudingi oho aha ani dabba kottala

4 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Edisinattundi vayya ee logic. So BR isthey she becomes a better singer than the others mentioned in the above list aa? Firstly, no playback singer deserves a BR if you ask me, because of the nature of playback singing itself. Only classical artists like Hindustani vidwaans like Pandit Bhimsen Joshi and Carnatic doyens like Bala Murali krishna deserve it. 

But film singers kooda arhulu anukunta pothey Suseelamma, Janakamma, Chitra chechi are all equally eligible to get that. In fact, even among male singers beyond SPB we can say KJ Yesudas is totally eligible for it. He is not just a playback singer but also a carnatic vidwaan, he even gives live concerts for Tyagaraja aradhana. Show me one video where Lata Mangeshkar could sing classical even in a movie, forget in live concert. 

Alane BR Rajiv Gandhi ki icharu, MGR ki icharu so adi ichinantha matranna vallu greatest Indian statesmen aah. LOL. 

As for Chitra chechi saying what she did about LM, of course all the singers support each other and genuinely care for each other. Even SPB poinappudu Sonu Nigam came on live and cried about his demise and how it affected him. 

BR ki eligibility or non eligibility lot of  different criteria's untayi, ee topic dani gurinchi kadu bro

Nuvvu cheppina prathi singer Latha Mageshkar ki BR ichinanduku they all endorsed her, valaku leni badha neku enduku bro

SPB is also great singer , even nobody can replace vacuum created by SPB , same way for Lata Mageshhkar, SPB ki BR raledhu ante that is different issue, If I am not wrong AP govt proposed BR for SPB

3 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

No in this context it's totally relevant. Because @bhaigan keeps saying since LM got the BR she's the greatest singer ever anesi. That's not at all relevant, getting BR doesn't make someone the greatest. 

In fact all these Padma awards are absolute BS, South ollaki engili methukulu vidilchinattu oka Padma Sri or bhushan padesthey manam forever dasullaga behave cheyala Northie gallaki as @reality mentioned in another thread, Padma sri ichinanduku ippudu GNR Modi antha manishi ledu vaadu oka pudingi oho aha ani dabba kottala

You are mixing like 2 things , this thread context is not that

After MS Subha Lakshmi Lata ji got BR we should respect that, if you dont want to respect that , that's your personal opinion I dont want to involve in that

oorike BR evariki iyyaru okasari alochinchu, if you want to respect that , that's your personal opinion where I dont want to involve in that

16 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

You are mixing like 2 things , this thread context is not that

After MS Subha Lakshmi Lata ji got BR we should respect that, if you dont want to respect that , that's your personal opinion I dont want to involve in that

oorike BR evariki iyyaru okasari alochinchu, if you want to respect that , that's your personal opinion where I dont want to involve in that

Oorikane icharani nenekkadanna, but aameki isthey there are other eligible candidates too from the play back singing world ani antunna anthey. 

As for who's a better singer, that's a totally subjective opinion

5 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Show me one video where Lata Mangeshkar could sing classical even in a movie, forget in live concert. 

Ayya neeko Dannam, nuvvu Lata ji okka classical song padaledu annav ga, akkade artem avutundi neeku enta music sense unnado ( Classical lo 2  main ga unnai, Hindustani and Carnatic) Lata ji learnt Hindustani, not Carnatic, and she sang so many songs, movies and private songs. STOP discussion. Coz you don't have any knowledge. 

Balu garu 40k + padindochu, but he reached only certain group of people. ( South India) but Lata ji, Hindi songs padaru more listeners than Balu. ( world wide) ee chinna logic kooda miss ayyavu.....

Moreover, don't forget  the patriotisms that she raised during her popular song during china -India war + she has a huge fan base all over the world and brought a lot of attention to Indian music during 70 time 

The lyricist and musicians used to wait for months and months for her dates.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dal123 said:

Moreover, don't forget  the patriotisms that she raised during her popular song during china -India war + she has a huge fan base all over the world and brought a lot of attention to Indian music during 70 time 

1000% correct

1 hour ago, windows_admin said:

Show me one video where Lata Mangeshkar could sing classical even in a movie, forget in live concert. 

Ayya neeko Dannam, nuvvu Lata ji okka classical song padaledu annav ga, akkade artem avutundi neeku enta music sense unnado ( Classical lo 2  main ga unnai, Hindustani and Carnatic) Lata ji learnt Hindustani, not Carnatic, and she sang so many songs, movies and private songs. STOP discussion. Coz you don't have any knowledge. 

Balu garu 40k + padindochu, but he reached only certain group of people. ( South India) but Lata ji, Hindi songs padaru more listeners than Balu. ( world wide) ee chinna logic kooda miss ayyavu.....

Sure, please list all those songs that she sang which were Hindustani classical. Plus film songs esp playback songs don't require you to be a very renowned artist at either Hindustani or Carnatic. It's a bonus if you are, for example SPB never learned classical growing up but had to sing for Shankarabharanam which were based on Carnatic classical. 

Nenu clear ga cheppa about Hindustani and classical in my earlier posts so don't have to tell me that Carnatic and Hindustani are 2 forms of classical that exist in India, I am already aware of that. Anyway nenu cheppinde naaku malli cheptunnavu Lata ji's BR is based more on her popularity not because no one else could sing better than her. No one's denying that she's a great singer, she was but there were equally great singers and even greater singers that never received their due recognition. Case in point, SP Janakamma gariki edo mushti padesinattu oka Padma Bhushan padesaru 2008 she immediately declined it saying the Southern artists were never given proper recognition. 

So ee BR awards mostly humbug, they are based on who sings in Bollywood vs who sings in Southern industries. Thanks for proving my point. 

1 hour ago, dal123 said:

Yeah that's also because no one else was given a chance. 

Not to mention the fact that she later felt so threatened by upcoming artists that she had to send goondas of Shivsena to get them to not sing in songs that might make them even more popular. 

She killed many careers to sustain her career. 

She was a good singer, but as a person she was not great. 

1 hour ago, windows_admin said:

Balu gari popularity expanded way past South India, else he wouldn't have been the voice of Salman close to a decade. However him being a Southern Indian and esp Tamil(North Indians think he's Tamil) meant that he was always going to be sidelined in favor of other North based singers. 

For example in the 90s, Kumar Sanu was the most popular singer in India. As a singer, SPB was miles ahead of Kumar Sanu but why did Kumar Sanu have more demand? The answer is clear. Kumar Sanu didn't have the "South Indian" tag on him.