‘End of an era’: India mourns Lata Mangeshkar's demise

bhaigan

This thread is a good example of why South will continue to be treated like a step child in any field be it sports, politics, fine arts, music, cinema etc. 

Manake intha gulam attitude unnappudu I guess I can't find fault with Northies utilizing it to their advantage. 

@Telugodura456 @reality

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Balu gari popularity expanded way past South India, else he wouldn't have been the voice of Salman close to a decade. However him being a Southern Indian and esp Tamil(North Indians think he's Tamil) meant that he was always going to be sidelined in favor of other North based singers. 

For example in the 90s, Kumar Sanu was the most popular singer in India. As a singer, SPB was miles ahead of Kumar Sanu but why did Kumar Sanu have more demand? The answer is clear. Kumar Sanu didn't have the "South Indian" tag on him. 

Salman ki matrame ekkuva padadu 

Balu ucharana on South India was fantastic , but Hindi and other north Indian languages were not that much good. 

Kumar Sanu's voice suitable for only few songs, eventotogh he was good.

80 and 90's completely dominated by Udit  Narayan.

South music meeda China choopu undochu oppukuntanu , but ala ani complete ga tokkaru antey adi tappu.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, windows_admin said:

Salman ki matrame ekkuva padadu 

Balu ucharana on South India was fantastic , but Hindi and other north Indian languages were not that much good. 

Kumar Sanu's voice suitable for only few songs, eventotogh he was good.

80 and 90's completely dominated by Udit  Narayan.

South music meeda China choopu undochu oppukuntanu , but ala ani complete ga tokkaru antey adi tappu.

That's not totally true. 

Udit Narayan got fame after Qayamat Se Qayamat tak, released in 1988. Most of the 80s was still dominated by Kishore Kumar who passed away I believe in 1987. That left a huge vacuum in the industry which was fulfilled by the likes of his son, Kumar Sanu, and Udit Narayan. 

In fact if you look at the filmfare awards and the national awards during the early 90s it was Kumar Sanu who dominated till 1942 a love story which was released in 1994. Udit Narayan was preferred by the likes of Jatin Lalit and AR Rahman and his time at the top was actually more prominent from the mid 90s to early 00s before Sonu Nigam took over. But early to mid 90s was dominated by Nadeem Shravan and they almost always preferred Kumar Sanu. So it's wrong to say that Udit Narayan dominated both the 80s and 90s. 

As for SPB singing just for Salman, that's because Salman wanted him to exclusively be his singing voice and went out of the way to accommodate dates for SPB. And Salman was one of the top industry actors so it's not like it was a bad thing, he sang for don't forget some very big movies like Hum Aapke Hai Kaun, Saajan, and Maine Pyar kiya. 

Uttane nightingale ani analedu aameni. The sheer volume of songs tell how much all music directors preferred her including the south guy AR Rahman. Evarayya classical ekkada ani adigaru? Listen to the whole album of Ram ratan dhan payo. Especially the song srirama chandra kripalu bhajaman. Ade album ni malli Anuradha paudwal padindi but she gave up on this song because she couldn’t hit the notes like Lata didi did and chose a different tune. Comparison ki meeru cheppe artists kuda never compared themselves with her. Most of SD Burmam songs are based out of Hindustani raagas. So classical weak ane point is hilarious. 

She is most recognized because her voice suited every heroine from every generation from Madhubala to Konkana Sen Sharma. Ippudu kaadu gani Sonu Nigam host chesinappudu Sa Re Ga Ma singing show lo almost every contestant sang her songs and that’s how Shreya Ghosal was found.

Her passing away took away a part of my childhood and early teens. I feel myself lucky to have listened to her songs so many times that it’s ingrained in my memory now. every lullaby I sing to my child is her song. 

Can’t list one favorite but one if the songs I can deeply connect to.

19 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Uttane nightingale ani analedu aameni. The sheer volume of songs tell how much all music directors preferred her including the south guy AR Rahman. Evarayya classical ekkada ani adigaru? Listen to the whole album of Ram ratan dhan payo. Especially the song srirama chandra kripalu bhajaman. Ade album ni malli Anuradha paudwal padindi but she gave up on this song because she couldn’t hit the notes like Lata didi did and chose a different tune. Comparison ki meeru cheppe artists kuda never compared themselves with her. Most of SD Burmam songs are based out of Hindustani raagas. So classical weak ane point is hilarious. 

She is most recognized because her voice suited every heroine from every generation from Madhubala to Konkana Sen Sharma. Ippudu kaadu gani Sonu Nigam host chesinappudu Sa Re Ga Ma singing show lo almost every contestant sang her songs and that’s how Shreya Ghosal was found.

Her passing away took away a part of my childhood and early teens. I feel myself lucky to have listened to her songs so many times that it’s ingrained in my memory now. every lullaby I sing to my child is her song. 

Akka congratulations

Amazon lo job 350k base

4 hours ago, Iriswest said:

Well said

Everything magnifier glass choosey alney anipistundi. Spb great , kaadu ani anatam ledu. But she bigger than that.

1983 lo India WC gelistey BCCI vadda money kooda levu 22 lacs kooda levu

Appudu Lata ji show chester 25 lacs vacayi. Imagine .

83 lo 25 lacs antey not a small amount.

Balu chestey anta vastunda a ?

She has a special gallary and room at Lords stadium do you know that?

In India in every stadium has 2 vvip reserved seats for her.

She has fans all over the world.

Balu???

Telugu Tamil Kannada and Malayalam fans only 99%.

North lo Balu songs most of them wont recognize. Easy or west south or north Lata ji ki fans unnaru because of her voice and dedication.

@IriswestRam rathan dhan payo album is my favorite too,

This album is just mustard seed from her.

@tennisluvrreduxenti Lata ji new singers no tokkesinda??

She only requested to all awards committee to not consider her name for awards.

South vallami tokkaru Annav ga

Mari Kavitha Krishna Murthy

Shanker Mahadevan and Hariharan ??

Because of their accent and pronunciation.

I am fan of Balu

3 minutes ago, windows_admin said:

Well said

Everything magnifier glass choosey alney anipistundi. Spb great , kaadu ani anatam ledu. But she bigger than that.

Balu???

North lo Balu songs most of them wont recognize. Easy or west south or north Lata ji ki fans unnaru because of her voice and dedication.

I am fan of Balu

Edisinattundi logic. LM started around the time India got independence so obviously she's been known for a lot longer than anyone else. 

Plus she sang for Bollywood not a surprise she's more popular. Even until the late 2000s most idiots up North didn't even know Southern cinema had various regional industries they used to think everything down South was Tamil. LM being from Bollywood and as old as the Indian nation is what makes her popular not the fact that she's better than the others you mentioned. 

But yeah keep shilling for the northie dominated Bollywood

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, windows_admin said:

Well said

Balu???

I am fan of Balu

Shankar Mahadevan actually got more popularity on account of him being a music director associated with Shankar Ehsan Loy. Idi evadu bacha gadini adigina chebutharu

Before he became a mainstream Bollywood singer Hariharan was a very accomplished ghazal singer and a disciple of Mehdi Hassan, Pakistani ghazal maestro 

So idemi vallaki Bollywood ollu padesina bicham em kaadu

5 hours ago, Iriswest said:

Good joke. She sounded atrocious since the late 80s and it was extremely cringey to see women in the 20s sound like grandmas in their 70s when she sang for them in the movies of 90s.

1 hour ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Good joke. She sounded atrocious since the late 80s and it was extremely cringey to see women in the 20s sound like grandmas in their 70s when she sang for them in the movies of 90s.

Certainly not anyone said anything about Lata didis voice not suiting 80s and 90s heroines. Dilwale dulhaniya lejayenge to Dil toh pagal hai every song was a hit. Heroines like Juhi Chawla, Kajol and Madhuri Dixit felt honored for getting Lataji to sing their songs.

1 hour ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Alka Yagnik is the next singer who got that popularity and they never had a rivalry.

4 hours ago, Iriswest said:

Certainly not anyone said anything about Lata didis voice not suiting 80s and 90s heroines. Dilwale dulhaniya lejayenge to Dil toh pagal hai every song was a hit. Heroines like Juhi Chawla, Kajol and Madhuri Dixit felt honored for getting Lataji to sing their songs.

Of course they would, not so much because her voice sounds close to their own natural voice but because she's a legendary singer. And the song didn't just become a hit because she sang it, you obviously don't take into account the music part of it. 

12 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Of course they would, not so much because her voice sounds close to their own natural voice but because she's a legendary singer. And the song didn't just become a hit because she sang it, you obviously don't take into account the music part of it. 

Actors natural voice ki close ga undalante Rani mukherjee ki playback singer undadu. Playback singing concept eh adi. 

old artists deserve more respect because they used to take days to rehearse and sing a song. There was no track concept in those days. Musicians and singers have to be in perfect sync to record a whole song in a go. 

11 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Actors natural voice ki close ga undalante Rani mukherjee ki playback singer undadu. Playback singing concept eh adi. 

old artists deserve more respect because they used to take days to rehearse and sing a song. There was no track concept in those days. Musicians and singers have to be in perfect sync to record a whole song in a go. 

Oho mari SPB ni dasakanthudu ani oorikane anevalla. He used to mimic his singing voice as close to the artist he is singing for. In some songs he would modulate 2 different sounding voices. So don't explain to me the concept of playback singing, based on whatever you feel. 

Even if the voice of the artist isn't exactly close to the singer, it's very easy to spot a grandma singing for a girl in her 20s which is what it sounded like when LM sang for Kajol in DDLJ. Anyone with some background in singing can tell you that, but your love for LM makes you blind to it I see. 

Just now, tennisluvrredux said:

Oho mari SPB ni dasakanthudu ani oorikane anevalla. He used to mimic his singing voice as close to the artist he is singing for. In some songs he would modulate 2 different sounding voices. So don't explain to me the concept of playback singing, based on whatever you feel. 

Even if the voice of the artist isn't exactly close to the singer, it's very easy to spot a grandma singing for a girl in her 20s which is what it sounded like when LM sang for Kajol in DDLJ. Anyone with some background in singing can tell you that, but your love for LM makes you blind to it I see. 

This is that song I was talking about, just one example: