‘End of an era’: India mourns Lata Mangeshkar's demise

bhaigan

11 hours ago, Iriswest said:

Uttane nightingale ani analedu aameni. The sheer volume of songs tell how much all music directors preferred her including the south guy AR Rahman. Evarayya classical ekkada ani adigaru? Listen to the whole album of Ram ratan dhan payo. Especially the song srirama chandra kripalu bhajaman. Ade album ni malli Anuradha paudwal padindi but she gave up on this song because she couldn’t hit the notes like Lata didi did and chose a different tune. Comparison ki meeru cheppe artists kuda never compared themselves with her. Most of SD Burmam songs are based out of Hindustani raagas. So classical weak ane point is hilarious. 

She is most recognized because her voice suited every heroine from every generation from Madhubala to Konkana Sen Sharma. Ippudu kaadu gani Sonu Nigam host chesinappudu Sa Re Ga Ma singing show lo almost every contestant sang her songs and that’s how Shreya Ghosal was found.

Her passing away took away a part of my childhood and early teens. I feel myself lucky to have listened to her songs so many times that it’s ingrained in my memory now. every lullaby I sing to my child is her song. 

Can’t list one favorite but one if the songs I can deeply connect to.

Please post a list of the classical songs that LM has sung the SD Burman compositions you spoke about. 

13 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Oho mari SPB ni dasakanthudu ani oorikane anevalla. He used to mimic his singing voice as close to the artist he is singing for. In some songs he would modulate 2 different sounding voices. So don't explain to me the concept of playback singing, based on whatever you feel. 

Even if the voice of the artist isn't exactly close to the singer, it's very easy to spot a grandma singing for a girl in her 20s which is what it sounded like when LM sang for Kajol in DDLJ. Anyone with some background in singing can tell you that, but your love for LM makes you blind to it I see. 

Lata, Alka and Shreya have sweet voices which our heroines do not have. You choose any singer for these heroines it will not be a match. These songs are a bigger hit than the movie because of play back singers. Diya jale song pushed Preity Zinta to stardom, such is the power of her singing.