Base salary vs Total compensation

krrish

Difference cheppandi? 

ee 200k, 300k & 360k endi ra ayya? Okademo 180k average ayindi antadu…inkodemo Blind app lo 700k common antadu…asalu emi jarugutundi…IT lo ee salaries common aa? Other fields lo people are getting not even half 

• Haha 2

Total compensation is sum of base salary + rsus + bonus/annum

bonus usually will be low for companies giving rsus. 

rsu is variable because the stock can go up or down- when you join the employer they give you rsus which becomes unrestricted  25% every year you work for the next 4 years. Incase you leave or get fired you will not get the remaining. Giving equity makes the employee motivation 

3 minutes ago, krrish said:

Difference cheppandi? 

ee 200k, 300k & 360k endi ra ayya? Okademo 180k average ayindi antadu…inkodemo Blind app lo 700k common antadu…asalu emi jarugutundi…IT lo ee salaries common aa? Other fields lo people are getting not even half 

base: Fixed salary which you receive bi monthly

Perf. bonus: ranges from 0% - 15% of Base salary (it may go up to 30% for top performer typically 1 in 20 or 30 members)

Stocks: Generally spread over 4 years. Vesting starts after completing 1 year.

TC: sum of all 3 above.

Stocks will fluctuate based on the vesting day stock price and when they were granted. I have seen cases where the stock value deprecated more than 50% and on top of it you pay tax around 40%.

inka nuvve lekkalu vesuko

these were my benefits until recently..

Base pay = salary received every two weeks

Bonus = depends on the corporate goals + my individual performance + my level. naa level ki 30% vundey. corporate goals achievement 0.7x-2x varaku vundedi. naa individual appraisal typical ga 5 (so, 2x ayyedi)

RSUs = vesting over 4yrs

These constitute total compensation.

veetiki todu, ESPP, spot bonuses, activity rewards tho money vachevi. 401K, HSA, insurances are benefits and you do not count them.

1 minute ago, Jatka Bandi said:

these were my benefits until recently..

Base pay = salary received every two weeks

Bonus = depends on the corporate goals + my individual performance + my level. naa level ki 30% vundey. corporate goals achievement 0.7x-2x varaku vundedi. naa individual appraisal typical ga 5 (so, 2x ayyedi)

RSUs = vesting over 4yrs

These constitute total compensation.

veetiki todu, ESPP, spot bonuses, activity rewards tho money vachevi. 401K, HSA, insurances are benefits and you do not count them.

Ayanni kadhu motham entho cheppu

1 hour ago, Picheshwar said:

base: Fixed salary which you receive bi monthly

Perf. bonus: ranges from 0% - 15% of Base salary (it may go up to 30% for top performer typically 1 in 20 or 30 members)

Stocks: Generally spread over 4 years. Vesting starts after completing 1 year.

TC: sum of all 3 above.

Stocks will fluctuate based on the vesting day stock price and when they were granted. I have seen cases where the stock value deprecated more than 50% and on top of it you pay tax around 40%.

inka nuvve lekkalu vesuko

+1...

For 2021 starting employees , stocks are based on that 2021 peak price... It means already you lost 30 to 50%...

1 hour ago, krrish said:

Difference cheppandi? 

gaadevado 10gi taagi post pedithe nuv nammestava baa.. 180k is aveerage only in top companies and only in certain areas. overall US antha average chesthe it will be less than 180k. 

Base ante stocks tho sambandham ledu

RSU, restricted stock units ante oka amount icchi 4 yrs lo intha veyyachu antadu..ante oka 120k /4 vestaru aa tarvatha yearly bonus.

180 + 40 + 40 

Signin bonus kooda untundi general ga

Inka aa 700k gatra stock price appreciate avatam valla vastundi .. for eg. google 4 yrs back join aithe 500 stock ki 120 k, adi ippudu 720k ayyuntundi

I think most of this is correct

normal companies like Wellsfargo...Bank of America..Insurance companies will pay 140 to 160 if you have decent experience of 10 to 15 years and aiming for Tech Lead or Senior dev role. They have standard 10 to 15% bonus pool and may be some joining bonus like 10 to 20000 dollars

If you are aiming for Architect or Manager role, they will pay some where around 160 to 200

Dont compare with Tech companies and teamblind salaries. It is like getting IIT seat in Computer Science during 1990 time.