Mild hearing loss for new Born

m0nster

Friend ki 1 month back baby girl puttindhi, she failed her hearing screening at hospital so referred to an audiologist and yesterday audiologist confirmed that she has permanent mild hearing loss. Papam he & his wife are literally crying. Audiologist suggested to register in local deaf schools where baby can get hearing aids fitted. He was thinking for mild hearing loss did his baby really need hearing aids ani? Anyone faced similar situation to throw some light for him.

• Sad 11

2 hours ago, TrishaManiac said:

This material world is a place of misery...we have to realize that.

And yet we fail to realize. Knowing that no one can escape pain and we still bring life into existence. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, reality said:

Mild won’t be a problem.., it will go away as kid grows… nothing to worry.

Hearing loss will never go away, it might even become worse is what doctor said to us. But mild loss might not effect much on speech development. Our kid has moderate to severe 😢

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, pandemkodi said:

Nothing to worry for mild . One of my friend daughter has same and she can clearly hear and talk 

no one even notice she is as happy as other kids .

now parents also happy . Her mother used to cry everyday for 6 months 

don’t worry too much 

Avuna… any idea what kind of hearing loss your friend daughter has?

If it comes by birth Nothing much we could do. Parents have to be strong and do what they can.

I remember you posting it couple of weeks back. So sorry to hear this. Two things

1. Get a second opinion, hopefully this should not become a problem and second one rules this out

2. How old is she? If your friend is validating if he has to put her on hearing aid or not, ask him to be cautious this may lead to speech issues

13 minutes ago, Meowcatp said:

I remember you posting it couple of weeks back. So sorry to hear this. Two things

1. Get a second opinion, hopefully this should not become a problem and second one rules this out

2. How old is she? If your friend is validating if he has to put her on hearing aid or not, ask him to be cautious this may lead to speech issues

Sure. My friend is taking appointment with ENT for second opinion. She is just 1 month old. He was saying he can see that she is opening eyes if he go and call her gently.