"Learning Languages Ruined My Life" | A Pluralistic View in Life - especially when your Countrymen Arent Strong, Resilient & Wise - is not a Good Thing ; it could leave you Worse Off & Unmoored

Golwalkar

I know the guy in the vid isn't saying this. Infact hes saying the opposite. Kinda.

But have you ever observed that pretty much every notable country of any sizable GDP, outside of the Anglosphere either

• DO NOT LEARN OTHER LANGUAGES or
  • DO NOT WANT OTHERS PICKING UP their LANGUAGES or
  • BOTH

Of course no one says it explicitly.  No one says do not learn my language. But its implicit. 

Japanese to this day stumble to form the most basic of sentences in English.

I am not even talking about old geezers either. I am talking about school kids. In this day & age youd think everyones taught some English everywhere. But no. 

The French even tried to popularize words for email and @ some 20 years ago. 
The Brits have given up on the Chinese even in Hong Kong learning any English when they left except for a very few HK elites. Stephen Fry makes a note about this in one of his shows. 

Arabs the same. 

A common theme is that keeping their people insular worked in their favor in keeping their societal fabric intact. Funny isnt it? 

All our lives we were told the opposite and what has that brought us ?  Dilution of societal norms, weakening of our cultural standards & erosion of our values. 

I'm sure I'll find more instances of this. I'll add them as I do. 

• Like 1