Top 30 districts by exports in India.

Raven_Rayes

Polavaram, another useless project perhaps.

sometimes I feel like people think, these water diversion schemes actually add to the quantum of water that flows, instead of depleting the ecosystem further and drying of the river bed.

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

not to mention environmental impact of Kaleswaram. who knows if Godavari will start to dry out in summers from now.

It's not Godavari but the main source is the water from Pranhita, tributary of Godavari which has catchment in Maharashtra upstream hills and chances of it going dry is as good as zero. This tributary joins Godavari near Kaleshwaram and water is lifted from this confluence point.

• Like 1

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

It's not Godavari but the main source is the water from Pranhita, tributary of Godavari which has catchment in Maharashtra upstream hills and chances of it going dry is as good as zero. This tributary joins Godavari near Kaleshwaram and water is lifted from this confluence point.

okay. I have no idea if what you are saying is true. I'm reasonably sure that your assertion that it will never dry is laughable. but I will now shut up about this topic.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

sometimes I feel like people think, these water diversion schemes actually add to the quantum of water that flows, instead of depleting the ecosystem further and drying of the river bed.

Yeah, I think Polavaram is not going to be a white elephant project like Kaleshwaram. The delta region is already fertile and has enough water to s ustain agriculture. stabilizing this ayacut with Polavaram in the region where agriculture is already rampant will only add to the woes.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Polavaram is gravity fed , it won't cost much to maintain once built 

But yea , all that canal going to fields only to produce paddy will be waste . They need to plant alternative crops only 

6 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Polavaram is gravity fed , it won't cost much to maintain once built 

But yea , all that canal going to fields only to produce paddy will be waste . They need to plant alternative crops only 

I don't understand why we even need to waste that much water for irrigation when vertical farms are almost here.

Its high time paddy is taken off the essential  commodities list and replaced with protein rich legumes.

I want indian kids provided with beans in daily food.. and other food rich in minerals. cancel rice.

makes beans cheap.. throw the govt weight behind it..

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I don't understand why we even need to waste that much water for irrigation when vertical farms are almost here.

Its high time paddy is taken off the essential  commodities list and replaced with protein rich legumes.

Vertical farms CITI_c$y it's a worse  solution than the zero budget organic farming that led Sri lanka to ruin 

Emotional blackmail by dumb politicians led to this predicament , even kcr tried to have regulated planting but it did not workout as planned  

But paddy definitely needs to be taken off support and alternatives must be encouraged 

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

Vertical farms CITI_c$y it's a worse  solution than the zero budget organic farming that led Sri lanka to ruin 

Emotional blackmail by dumb politicians led to this predicament , even kcr tried to have regulated planting but it did not workout as planned  

But paddy definitely needs to be taken off support and alternatives must be encouraged 

so vertical farms are not yet financially viable yet. okay.

and I understand India has no need for such farms, but water diversion projects are gonna destroy our water supply in the long run no?

organic farming is crap. I'm all for GMO foods.