Elon Musk To Reverse Twitter’s Ban Of Trump

Anta Assamey

Elon-Musk-1.jpg

Billionaire Tesla CEO Elon Musk says he would reverse Twitter’s ban on former US President Donald Trump if his deal to acquire the company is completed.

At an automotive conference, Musk called Twitter’s decision to ban Trump is a ‘mistake.’

“I do think it was not correct to ban Donald Trump, I think that was a mistake,” Musk said. “I would reverse the perma-ban … But my opinion, and Jack Dorsey, I want to be clear, shares this opinion, is that we should not have perma-bans.”

Former President Donald Trump was permanently banned from Twitter after the January 6 Capitol Riot. He was banned for violating the platform’s rules against violence incitement. Twitter declined to comment on Musk’s comment.

Earlier, Trump said he would not return to Twitter even if his account were restored. Trump has been promoting his own social media venture, Truth Social.

20 minutes ago, Sheri said:

Veeni carlu konede koncham left mentality vunnollu… vallani vadilesi rep galla mattani seekutunnadu..

Tbf right leaning conservative families are big into cars in the US. Convincing them to buy his frankly expensive product would be a home run for him. Left leaning liberals will eventually leave him for better alternatives, but knowing the reps, most will stick to him even if there are others in the market. Transportation is only 1/4 of the pie interms of GHGs. Coal fired plants are a major sore point and unless countries look at nuclear, solar and wind alternatives, the changes made in the transportation sector won’t help much. Even then it is only a 50% cut if everyone does it.