Career advice needed- present role DBA

buffaloboy

Hello friends, 

need some help in choosing the right path . At present I m working as SQL server DBA. Good at t- sql and all DBA related activities. Now I want to shift to Azure or PowerBi .

As azure is a vast subject ..what are the things/services in need to learn in Azure which are related to my previous job. Azure data Lake , azure data factory , azure sql DBA …different different  names vunnayi..which one to choose ? 

if I choose to learn PowerBi will it have a long standing for at least 3-5 years in the market .?
 Pls advice 

12 minutes ago, buffaloboy said:

Hello friends, 

need some help in choosing the right path . At present I m working as SQL server DBA. Good at t- sql and all DBA related activities. Now I want to shift to Azure or PowerBi .

As azure is a vast subject ..what are the things/services in need to learn in Azure which are related to my previous job. Azure data Lake , azure data factory , azure sql DBA …different different  names vunnayi..which one to choose ? 

if I choose to learn PowerBi will it have a long standing for at least 3-5 years in the market .?
 Pls advice 

Don't switch career to new tool...  SQL skills are always a plus- do something which build on top of it like data integration and analytics jobs (all clouds have a flavor of it) , u can start with azure since u are familiar.

Just do introductory cloud course - you don't need to become a cloud architect / expert. Next do specialization - study for certification is one way to learn..

7 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Don't switch career to new tool...  SQL skills are always a plus- do something which build on top of it like data integration and analytics jobs (all clouds have a flavor of it) , u can start with azure since u are familiar.

Just do introductory cloud course - you don't need to become a cloud architect / expert. Next do specialization - study for certification is one way 

Ok bro . Thank you for the suggestion. Azure lo analytics and integration services name enti bro.I have good knowledge in  SSIS also 

5 minutes ago, buffaloboy said:

Ok bro . Thank you for the suggestion. Azure lo analytics and integration services name enti bro.I have good knowledge in  SSIS also 

Google it 😀 once you login to azure console, you will see it.

Oracle analytics cloud - too many jobs that I know, because of existing customers....

58 minutes ago, buffaloboy said:

Hello friends, 

Pls advice 

same with me ..

2 hours ago, buffaloboy said:

Hello friends, 

Pls advice 

Bro DBA lo regular ga Emi tasks or work vuntadhi?

3 hours ago, buffaloboy said:

Hello friends, 

Pls advice 

dba will always be there.. just stuff to it.  azure sql dba and learn automation tools

3 hours ago, buffaloboy said:

Hello friends, 

Pls advice 

Go with aws… ur sql skills will help a lot 

5 hours ago, buffaloboy said:

Try to gain knowledge Azure Data factory and Databricks, with your SQL knowledge you can easily get on with these, now a days everyone is moving to cloud from on-prem hence they use ADF, datalake

Do Azure fundamental certification that will give you overall knowledge on Azure