Career Job Change suggestions

Bahamamama

13 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

Learn latest technology and certification and make job change asap and also keep in contact with previous employer if pd becomes current in a year just find position with them and file 485..this is easiest and safest way to keep GC afloat and also make most of good IT market with lots of companies going through digital transformation 

That's approach that's worked best for me after filing 3 perms and 2 140s I was tired of starting new gc process with newer employers..but luckily things worked for me..

Née PD enti bro ? Née technology Java na? 
ippudu GC vachinada?

if you confident you can get a job FT with benefits in a month..go ahead...it takes a toll to prepare in current market

daani mundu GC loveda bongu anni lite

but dont easily change careers seeing fancy names..move ainaka chukkalu kaadu meteors kanipistai

2 minutes ago, Bahamamama said:

current prevailing wage and perm kalipi entha time padutondhi bhayya?

this is what i'm hearing  PW  6 months + PERM 8 months , if everything go smooth.

3 minutes ago, Complex said:

this is what i'm hearing  PW  6 months + PERM 8 months , if everything go smooth.

got it so almost 1.5 years then

5 minutes ago, Complex said:

let us say, if pd gets current in 10 months and the process takes 15-18 months roughly, we only have to wait for 5-8 months additionally to file I-485 right? or am I missing anything?

wait till October.. get EAD first and then decide.. if you take the perm route, you might even miss the chance of getting an ead.. 485 amendment is easy than starting the perm process all over again.. 

one of my colleague is waiting for close to an year to get perm approval..  also, join ayina ventane perm apply cheyyaru.. many companies wait upto an year for prep 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bahamamama said:

let us say, if pd gets current in 10 months and the process takes 15-18 months roughly, we only have to wait for 5-8 months additionally to file I-485 right? or am I missing anything?

hard to say, only if dates are current by then, what if the dates go back by the time your new perm and i140 is approved?

40 minutes ago, Complex said:

in my case , I already have job offer in hand .Mine is March 2015 PD EB2.

@Complex u can move then and start perm asap 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spartan said:

@Complex u can move then and start perm asap 

job marithe perm pakka apply cheyala even if no change in job duties? One of my friends changed job and he said not needed ani.

Also remember that the dates are moving this year as there are 260K GC’s available… next year, the numbers will be far far less.. USCIS is gonna waste many of these visas.. by the year end, it may be back to normal (pre pandemic).. if you apply for 485, you are at least guaranteed an EAD and AP… if you are lucky and dates move even after October, you can switch jobs and ask your new employer to apply 485J.. you might even get a GC soon.. 

If you switch jobs, you have to start all over (1-1.5 yrs) to just stand in the line.. 

1 hour ago, fasak_vachadu said:

Née PD enti bro ? Née technology Java na? 
ippudu GC vachinada?

Yes my pd was 2011 march..and got gc in 2021 in September...

Yes My technology is Java . 

luckily my employer was gora prime vendor who always had positions with an automotive company and was always willing to take back even after I left them...I kept in constant touch with them..in thought that if I pd becomes current very easy to join

1 hour ago, Bahamamama said:

Yes 140 timelines and also if any perm audit also any other mess up ur attorney create 

42 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

Yes my pd was 2011 march..and got gc in 2021 in September...

Yes My technology is Java . 

luckily my employer was gora prime vendor who always had positions with an automotive company and was always willing to take back even after I left them...I kept in constant touch with them..in thought that if I pd becomes current very easy to join

Detroit lo unnava nuvu