Unprecedented': Property tax bills have reached double value for Texas homeowners

kamapisaachi

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Unprecedented rises in property valuations in Texas have stunned multiple homeowners receiving their tax bills.
Some Texas homeowners got the shock of property tax balances that are astronomically higher than what they paid last year. And according to one agency that protests the tax bills, some of those people say they can't afford to pay.
Shannon Nash owns four acres in Smith Point in Chambers County. In 2021, his property was valued at about $65,000. One year later, it increased to almost $382,000 in value.

"I was mostly just in shock," Nash said. "I called a number of people that I know around here and they were already in shock. They had gotten their bills before me."

In 2021, Nash owed about $1,700 in property taxes. In 2022, he will have to pay Chambers County more than $10,000.

11 minutes ago, kamapisaachi said:
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Unprecedented rises in property valuations in Texas have stunned multiple homeowners receiving their tax bills.
Some Texas homeowners got the shock of property tax balances that are astronomically higher than what they paid last year. And according to one agency that protests the tax bills, some of those people say they can't afford to pay.
Shannon Nash owns four acres in Smith Point in Chambers County. In 2021, his property was valued at about $65,000. One year later, it increased to almost $382,000 in value.

"I was mostly just in shock," Nash said. "I called a number of people that I know around here and they were already in shock. They had gotten their bills before me."

In 2021, Nash owed about $1,700 in property taxes. In 2022, he will have to pay Chambers County more than $10,000.

vammo endi aa taxes! 1700 ekkada $10000 eakkada

19 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

Homestead ki apply chesthe YoY 10% increase ye untundi while paying property taxes for their homes

newly bought vallu mathram pay cheyali 

Is it the same even if we are buying old house 

11 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Is it the same even if we are buying old house 

Yes.. new buyers shall have to pay .. no matter whether it is old or new house 

• Upvote 1