is texas boring?

tables

16 hours ago, tables said:

lakes ante lake tahoe laaga beautiful ga untaya leka edo ghosted lake types aa? I am not much into trails but state parks sounds good.

food scene ela untadi? of course desi options bane untai..but other options? above all how is SC and venaka kaagitam options? 

Not really… people are more into water activities like boating, kayaking and fishing..  we usually visit lot of state parks for camping, hiking, biking, kayaking etc.. 

Texas is not as beautiful as California…  it is more rugged as it is a dry area.. up north in Arkansas, it ia greener with forests and trees… as you go south or west in Texas, it is very flat and dry.. again, the beautiful weather or places in California come with a big cost.. not everyone likes to pay for that.. 

food is great.. if you want to try different cuisines, you have to go to the real Dallas.. not Frisco desi areas.. SC’s kuda Dallas lo ne untayi, not in suburbs… 

12 hours ago, nagchiru said:

Bro, I tried to move to Austin a few years ago from the bay area, got a great job and everything was set also I had several friends. I was about to buy a house but then thought I would wait for 3 months and then buy... I think that was one of the most important decisions I made in my life. I quit my job and came back to the Bay area.  Here are the things that made me come to that decision. 

1. Austin is boring, there is nothing much to do there. There are a few good trials and that's it.. 

2. The weather sucks. Summers are horrible, the heat is relentless and unbearable, it's consistently above 90 degrees and more over its hot till 10 PM. I was literally confined to my apartment all the time. Simple things like going for a walk during lunch break is not possible.

3. Allergies are bad. There are so many trees there which shed a lot of pollen, my black car used to turn yellow by morning. I had to visit urgent care several times because of severe allergies. You will end up talking allergy medicine everyday.

4. Ugly city and small city.

5. No diversity.

6. Politics. 

7. Lots of weirdos

8. Everyone seems to love guns

9. Caste politics in the desi community

10. Was the only place I could feel underlying racism in USA.

I have never met a single person who moved from Bay area to Austin who is happy and I know a lot as my company basically moved around 120 people 

If you can afford I would recommend that you stay in Bay area, trust me there is no other place like it USA. 

Agreed totally🤘

12 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Not really… people are more into water activities like boating, kayaking and fishing..  we usually visit lot of state parks for camping, hiking, biking, kayaking etc.. 

Texas is not as beautiful as California…  it is more rugged as it is a dry area.. up north in Arkansas, it ia greener with forests and trees… as you go south or west in Texas, it is very flat and dry.. again, the beautiful weather or places in California come with a big cost.. not everyone likes to pay for that.. 

food is great.. if you want to try different cuisines, you have to go to the real Dallas.. not Frisco desi areas.. SC’s kuda Dallas lo ne untayi, not in suburbs… 

Scs antey enti ani @tennisluvrredux pottancle aduguthunadu

13 hours ago, tables said:

Mari too much snow unna minnesota, Wisconsin , New York lantivi vaddu baa. Snow ki depression vachestadi.

I loved california  when I was there. 

akkade undi taxes kattuko

12 hours ago, nagchiru said:

Bro, I tried to move to Austin a few years ago from the bay area, got a great job and everything was set also I had several friends. I was about to buy a house but then thought I would wait for 3 months and then buy... I think that was one of the most important decisions I made in my life. I quit my job and came back to the Bay area.  Here are the things that made me come to that decision. 

1. Austin is boring, there is nothing much to do there. There are a few good trials and that's it.. 

2. The weather sucks. Summers are horrible, the heat is relentless and unbearable, it's consistently above 90 degrees and more over its hot till 10 PM. I was literally confined to my apartment all the time. Simple things like going for a walk during lunch break is not possible.

3. Allergies are bad. There are so many trees there which shed a lot of pollen, my black car used to turn yellow by morning. I had to visit urgent care several times because of severe allergies. You will end up talking allergy medicine everyday.

4. Ugly city and small city.

5. No diversity.

6. Politics. 

7. Lots of weirdos

8. Everyone seems to love guns

9. Caste politics in the desi community

10. Was the only place I could feel underlying racism in USA.

I have never met a single person who moved from Bay area to Austin who is happy and I know a lot as my company basically moved around 120 people 

If you can afford I would recommend that you stay in Bay area, trust me there is no other place like it USA. 

yes, you need to stay in bay area

no one that i know who migrated to texas is unhappy about texas, nuvvu nee fake story

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

yeah, nenu ade think chestunna... ippudu US lo unte we have to experience what US has to offer. edo podduna lechama office ki velama...weekend patel bros ki velli grocery konnama ani kakunda.

Joke chesavo emo kani..Dallas lo 7yrs nundi untunna picha boring place weekend aitey ah india bazar and Patel brothers thappa emi cheyalev..small parks untai you can take your kids.Community lo groups untaru savakodutaru meetups ani edo worst place to live dallas

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Swatkat said:

Endhi thega promoting dallas ki antah em nachindhi nasty

I would stay away from Dallas and nasty desi politics. Konni days tarvatha.. nuvvu US lo unnava ane thought vastadi if you don’t like desi mandhas. Austin comparatively thakkuva but getting there 

Tasty Indian food Thinadaaaam. Latinoooo Lapakiii laaa 10ngadaaammmm thappaaaa Texas lo em seyyalemmm. Those two you can do in abundance. That’s for sure though 

45 minutes ago, Warangalbidda said:

Joke chesavo emo kani..Dallas lo 7yrs nundi untunna picha boring place weekend aitey ah india bazar and Patel brothers thappa emi cheyalev..small parks untai you can take your kids.Community lo groups untaru savakodutaru meetups ani edo worst place to live dallas

Meetups kooda by caste untayi kadaa bro last time nenu dallas lo unnappudu naa dosth cheppadu vaadelle group meet ki vellalante oka varganiki chendi undalani

2 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Tasty Indian food Thinadaaaam. Latinoooo Lapakiii laaa 10ngadaaammmm thappaaaa Texas lo em seyyalemmm. Those two you can do in abundance. That’s for sure though 

Latino lapakis ekkada dorukutaru? You mean in pubs?

4 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Meetups kooda by caste untayi kadaa bro last time nenu dallas lo unnappudu naa dosth cheppadu vaadelle group meet ki vellalante oka varganiki chendi undalani

I saw this in CA too years back.