Lost pretty much everything in divorce (California). Planning to move to Dallas, is it worth it?

falconspyder

1 minute ago, ramabeer said:

Moving to Dallas will be the worst decision after divorce. People here may make u feel suicidal with their words/ actions/ demoralized behavior 

I can vouch for this. Go for places like New York /Miami. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

To all those guys who are making a joke out of my life in this thread.

I lost both parents before marriage and don't have anyone in India. I went to the best comp sci schools in India and did masters from a well known top rated school in the US with 100% funded admit. Ex-wife was behind me for 4/5 years and she tried to reach out to me through various methods - matrimonial websites, mutual friends, relatives in India, brokers. One of my relatives convinced me that my ex-wife is the right one/good family etc (her native place is like a mile from my native) and since I don't have anyone in India or US everyone said she and her family would treat me like a SON.

Dowry - Given my education, work profile and what I make in bay area, do I really give a rat ass about that or do I've anyone to even ask on my behalf? Since you guys judged everything out of my life, feel free to decide however it suits you folks.

My age - I got married when I'm 30. It's just the whole divorce process dragged for 3 yrs in California (Courts LOVE long game, they punish anyone who wants short game). In total I lost like ~5yrs since the date of engagement.

Ex-wife is in touch with a famous divorce attorney in Bay area almost as soon as she landed in Bay area (she submitted the email conv between them as an evidence during the trial to prove to court that abuse is happening since day1 of marriage and she had to get in touch with a divorce attorney). Evidences were collected from day 1 like a detective, framed me like in movie "Gone girl", called cops on me, filed restraining order. I myself was very clueless and lot of things never made sense to me until recently when she shared 4350 pages of evidences, declaration, testimonies, msgs, emails, letters from lot of ppl in India and US who I don't even know. She wrote court briefs on her own and made her attorney ask for things which has 0 probability to stand in court (this is done to purely put pressume to break me) , she asked for a monthly support until my death or her marriage. In total she took me to court for 7 back to back trails (not court hearings) and rejected all settlement meetings and put so much pressure on me and broke me down as a person and gave up to the pressure and finally did the negotiations in the last and final settlement meeting just few days before the final trial (I had to take short term disability to get though my ordeal). I had no one to even ask her or family why she is doing this to me and that relative who convinced me also died due to COVID (my attempts to reach her family were used to file temporary restraining order on me).

Not expecting any sympathy from anyone here who are judging my life that I'm worried about money I lost - these are the things there is little meaning in my life. I've pretty much become like a rock without any emotions, just trying to channel my time and energy into work.

Mods, I would really appreciate if guys can close and delete this read. I recently got out of from a big mess and I just want to be peaceful and don't want to get judged by random ppl. Given that I've seen in this thread, blind would be even more polluted passing judgements by random folks.

Vatti dadama laga vundave, FANG lo evaru ayya neku Job ichindi. 

oka adahani kosam intha edupa, Just do SHIFT + DELETE the memories, if you are in CA goes to Las Vegas 

or hang out with your beautfil office colleague, enjoy the rest of life. 

Glad you dont have kids, money pothay sampadinchontam pillallu pothay adhi inka daridram.

in your case ne chethakani thaname kanipisthondi, gudiga oka amayi ventadpadithay pelli chesukodamena

em ok 1000$ padeshte detective antha isthadu, ipudu avani waste, we are all just moking you by taking girl side. 

But in reality you cant be this silly, or stupid for blidnly beleiving one girl and loosing everything. 

Geeting a job in FANG saripodhu, street smart avu, This time date nicely and get remarried, em kadhu, 

ninnu ardam chesukone oka amayi DB lone vundhochu, check it out 

Last but not least emana hurt chesuvunte feel avaku, light tesuko ma batch ni.

@Swatkat @Shameless @Rushabhi

1 minute ago, anna_vendy said:

oka adahani kosam intha edupa, Just do SHIFT + DELETE the memories, if you are in CA goes to Las Vegas 

Glad you dont have kids, money pothay sampadinchontam pillallu pothay adhi inka daridram.

in your case ne chethakani thaname kanipisthondi, gudiga oka amayi ventadpadithay pelli chesukodamena

em ok 1000$ padeshte detective antha isthadu, ipudu avani waste, we are all just moking you by taking girl side. 

But in reality you cant be this silly, or stupid for blidnly beleiving one girl and loosing everything. 

Geeting a job in FANG saripodhu, street smart avu, This time date nicely and get remarried, em kadhu, 

Yo that guy doesn’t have family support. It’s not that easy to forgive and forget someone who has been that close. Shift delete is not practical. Visit a trusted psychiatrist to get out of this mess step by step.

If you are okay with working remotely, move to some place close to nature. Find yourself. You say you "Lost pretty much everything" but you have the freedom to finally to be yourself. Try new things. Live. 

I know it sounds cliché, but if you need someone to talk to, you have a brother in me.  

Good Luck for the journey ahead bro. God speed. 

37 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Are you still supposed to pay spousal support? What happens if you take a low paying job? Is there a requirement that you need to pay certain amount? 

s.gif 

malli f1 ki ellipothe inka baguntundemo kada.. 

@falconspyder dude you're just 35 years old and still young. First, I recommend you to travel and see places and settle in one place you like most. First city, chudakunta fix kaku.

First travel new and happening places to heal you mentally and physically. 

3 minutes ago, Balibabu said:

@falconspyder dude you're just 35 years old and still young. First, I recommend you to travel and see places and settle in one place you like most. First city, chudakunta fix kaku.

First travel new and happening places to heal you mentally and physically. 

thnx baa

asalu ardham kaledhu naaku. in the first few days/months - you didnt figure out? by whats going on between you both 

why she did whatever she did from day1 annedhi mystery . unless like someone said , the only purpose was to find a bhola shankar/talented/earning person to marry and loot. but this seems easy in india; is this kind of cheating easy in Amurrica? like you have frends here and family friends etc; no-one vouched for you?

idhi emaina cinema story aa? like radha take revenge on chiranjeevi type.

45 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

I caved in due to extreme pressure and that's the reason I had to agree to big nums during the final settlement meeting. She made me sign a stipulation order that I won't appeal in court, go near her, or reach out to her parents, give up jewelry worth 50k (small compared to other things I'm paying her)  I was made to give her during the engagement.

I don't have a knack of remembering every small thing due to many things that happened in my life. I really don't have any strength or mental capacity, I just want to be alone and peaceful. Felt like my life was getting started after marriage and I'll have my own family (which I never had before) but everything snatched from my hands.

Waiting for my 180 day thing (AOS application) to move out but the max damage is already done and stipulation orders are signed, money and stocks are getting transferred as we speak.

Last two years I made little more than $650k and I felt like I'm punished for making that money in court by the Judge - B**o*e B**c**r. Every single dollar is taken away by taxes, attorneys, forensic accountant, ex-wife.

Ex-wife didn't agree for legal separation and she made me file taxes as married separate which is worse than single status and that also damaged me in taxes.

Interesting.. something is missing bro. Dont mean to rub on ur wounds. But she created all the evidence.. then y dint she agree for legal separation. Whafs the missing piece. Why u had to initiate legal separation?

25 minutes ago, anna_vendy said:

Mana anukunna vallu mana meedha plan chesi dabbulu laakkunte manam emi cheyyalem. Family support or very close friends support lekapothe inka kashtam. Give that guy a break. He did not expect all this in such short time. All he can do now is get out and recover. Therapy helps. Going to meetups for hobbies that interest him helps. Bay Area has a lot to offer for single people.  If he absolutely cannot remain in Bay Area due to memories or any other reason then he can move to NY. MBA career kooda akkada set ayyidhi 

6 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Interesting.. something is missing bro. Dont mean to rub on ur wounds. But she created all the evidence.. then y dint she agree for legal separation. Whafs the missing piece. Why u had to initiate legal separation?

day 1 nunchi antha prepare ela avutharu asalu? pity asalu... antha preplan is it possible in real life?