[help] how to create a temporary credit card number?

vatsayana

Friends,

Do you know how to create a temporary credit card number?

I remember Citi used to have this feature, where you can generate a temporary card number and perform transactions and this temporary number expires after 15 minutes or so.

This is for security purpose that websites do not get the real card number.

Any idea? TIA 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vatsayana said:

Friends,

I remember Citi used to have this feature, where you can generate a temporary card number and perform transactions and this temporary number expires after 15 minutes or so.

Any idea? TIA 

https://upgradedpoints.com/credit-cards/best-virtual-credit-cards/

• Upvote 1

Friends,

Any idea? TIA 

Suggest you go with digital wallets whereever possible bro like Apple pay or Google pay all transactions are through token behind the scenes your original credit card will never be with the merchant

• Upvote 1

Friends,

Any idea? TIA 

https://x1creditcard.com/

I am using X1 credit card… using your main credit card account you can generate single use credit card which cancel automatically after 1 transaction or free trail card which gets cancel after 24hrs automatically or virtual card which you can cancel anytime. You can generate as many as you want. You can spend anonymously too. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

Thx baa

Thx baa. how to buy them? also I need it in US, not in india. Thx

Privacy.com - it also has browser extension. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, hunkyfunky2 said:

You don't need to get a new credit card... Privacy uses your bank account. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Suggest you go with digital wallets whereever possible bro like Apple pay or Google pay all transactions are through token behind the scenes your original credit card will never be with the merchant

11 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

https://x1creditcard.com/

I am using X1 credit card… using your main credit card account you can generate single use credit card which cancel automatically after 1 transaction or free trail card which gets cancel after 24hrs automatically or virtual card which you can cancel anytime. You can generate as many as you want. You can spend anonymously too. 

10 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Thx friends.

I am kind of looking direct option from my bank accounts. I am kind of scared to use these 3rd party websites. not sure how reliable and safe are these. I have Amex, BOA, Discover & Chase credit cards. so looking if these banks have that option. TIA.

Just now, vatsayana said:

Thx friends.

I am kind of looking direct option from my bank accounts. I am kind of scared to use these 3rd party websites. not sure how reliable and safe are these. I have Amex, BOA, Discover & Chase credit cards. so looking if these banks have that option. TIA.

x1 is a direct credit card like Amex/Chase … you need to open a new credit card with them

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

Thx friends.

Citi used to have that ... I did use that, but as usual these big banks UX sucks...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

x1 is a direct credit card like Amex/Chase … you need to open a new credit card with them

_-_ 

2 minutes ago, AverageDesiGuy said:

try privacy.com 

Safe a antava baa?

1 minute ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Citi used to have that ... I did use that, but as usual these big banks UX sucks...

_-_ 

1 minute ago, vatsayana said:

_-_ 

Safe a antava baa?

_-_ 

Privacy.com very safe, it is like debit card and your can pre-load the money how much you want.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AverageDesiGuy said:

Privacy.com very safe, it is like debit card and your can pre-load the money how much you want.

Kool. Thx baa. will look into it _-_