I Bond Rate Is Now 6.89%…

dasari4kntr

The U.S. Treasury's wildly popular Series I savings bond will yield 6.89% for all purchases over the next six months, down from 9.62% previously.

The I Bond rate is a combination of a fixed rate and an inflation adjustment. The Treasury is paying a fixed rate of 0.4%; the fixed rate had been zero since May 2020. The adjustment for the rise in the consumer-price index is by far the larger component of the rate.

I Bond rates reset at the beginning of May and November; all bonds earn the going rate for six months, then adjust to a new rate every six months thereafter.

Appetite for I Bonds had long been modest; before this year, the Treasury sold on average $166 million a month. But the high rates drove a flood of interest--savers rushed to get the 9.62% rate before it expired in October, buying about a billion dollars worth on Friday alone.

Here's everything you need to know about I Bonds.

3 minutes ago, Khaidino6093 said:

wife ki itin undi, can i buy?

yes…i guess

it asks at registration page tax number…not ssn…that means bith ssn and itin…

read faq page…

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gaali_Gottam_Govinda said:

Why are people so obsessed with the cheap  $1,800 per family($20K investment) interest?

Migatha investments anne sanka naakayu.. just diversifying 

• Upvote 1