Anyone had Experiences with Stress Medication?

raj2909

43 minutes ago, raj2909 said:

Thanks bro..

My problem is making friends or being socially active, i struggle at it, India lo vuntey it wont be a problem for me since evaro okally vuntaru(cousins, friends) so lonely ga vuntam aney feeling radu, kani ikkada ippudu kotha vallani friends chesukovadam chala kastam avutundi..

my wife, kid and me are happy with ourselves,,  memu baney enjoy chestam,  but sometime i feel frnds vuntey inka baguntadi and even for my kid anipistu vuntadi

Kaka go for vacation....like 10days, don't plan just enjoy..... Don't worry about money 

Talk to ur wife about it, try to having more 5ex with ur wife, it will help u a lot

Try meetups about ur hobbies.....nuvu ea city lo untav

1 hour ago, bayarea said:

Glad you started this thread :)

I too have anxiety and social anxiety in particular. Day long meetings untayi but I always feel terrified for each and every meeting. During meetings, I become nervous for no apparent reason and that is reflected in my voice which becomes trembling and people in the meeting hide their laugh while I'm talking.

First things first, ABSOLUTELY NO MEDICATION since it has lot of side-effects. Inka nuvu marri day-to-day activities cheyalekapotunte anxiety valla you can take medications.

Chala books chadiva denni meda and some times feel very dejected nake enduku ila ani. I'm strong technically but cannot express that well in meetings and I'm overlooked for promotions etc because of this one reason. Other half baked thella colleagues talk sh$t and walk away with promos etc.

Doctor dakkiraki vela and he said the same thing to not medications to start with. He suggested CBT and therapy which I'm about to try in next few weeks. 

Naa ee anxiety investigation lo chala tesulukunna from books, videos etc and here is my summary:

* Do not let the brain to constantly overthink. Just have good time and enjoy the life. Work is not every thing.

* Spend more time socializing. Just say hello to everyone in social settings during office meetings, friend gatherings etc  and 90% of people do not respond but that is okay. Sometimes people think we are weird and thats okay too.

* Get some exercise first thing in the morning. Do running or brisk walking where you grasp for breath. This has very positive impact on your mind and calm the nerves. I clearly see the difference in my thinking between the days I do exercise and days that I do not do exercise.

* Just as you need exercise for your physical body to be in shape, you need the same for your mental body. Do meditation for 20mins everyday in the morning and google abdominal breathing etc.

End of the day, human life is a god's gift and we never know if we have another shot at it so cherish every moment while you are here on earth rather than constantly worry about job, life, H1B, GC, Jagan vs PK etc. Go out and enjoy the beautiful nature.

If you want to discuss more, my DMs are open :)

i have the same problem with meetings, and expecially on sunday evenings and monday Mornings i will have anxiety more.

I will keep in touch with you

1 hour ago, kasi said:

Kaka go for vacation....like 10days, don't plan just enjoy..... Don't worry about money 

Talk to ur wife about it, try to having more 5ex with ur wife, it will help u a lot

Try meetups about ur hobbies.....nuvu ea city lo untav

California, San Jose...

The fact that you are willing to discuss about the situation and get some help is a sign that you want to do the right thing for yourself. Many suggestions here resonate well. Naaku stress ledu (atleast I think so ;) ). 

First talk to your spouse, express what you think may help your situation. Paina cheppinattu exercise, activities everything will help. Usually I dont say this and I dont have personal experience too, neeku work avtundi anukunte Inner Engineering join avvu. Or something on those lines.  Take what you feel would work best for you. 

3 hours ago, raj2909 said:

Nak koncham stress vundi Anxiety vuntundi ani doctor ni meet ayanu, tanu chusi told that i have General Anxiety and social Anxiety vundi ani and suggested to take medicine(selective Serotonin type drugs), kakapotey side effects ga chala cheppindi, like sexual disintrest, erectile dysfunction, insomnia adi idi ani.

Did any one had any experiences using it? If so are those side effects really severe? Please share some knowledge

medicatjon ae tisukovalsi vaste for stress..i would prefer a peg

3 hours ago, jerry1 said:

Aswagandha is a miracle herb for stress relief. I take it once a week and it’s working great for me

What form of Aswagandha do you consume, is there a pic do you mix that in something for consumption

4 hours ago, raj2909 said:

Nak koncham stress vundi Anxiety vuntundi ani doctor ni meet ayanu, tanu chusi told that i have General Anxiety and social Anxiety vundi ani and suggested to take medicine(selective Serotonin type drugs), kakapotey side effects ga chala cheppindi, like sexual disintrest, erectile dysfunction, insomnia adi idi ani.

Did any one had any experiences using it? If so are those side effects really severe? Please share some knowledge

We have a wonderful herb called ashwagandha, it doesn't need prescription nor it is under patent

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, raj2909 said:

California, San Jose...

Bay Area lo plenty of groups and meetups unnaayi.. just try to attend those meetups (hikes, tech, gardening, volunteering etc) and try to talk to someone new at every meet.. most of the people are very open and you will get used to it.. don’t go with family for few months.. look for friends outside of your family.. 

my neighbor couple used to live in the Bay Area, they both met at a meetup, fell in love and got married.. of course, don’t expect that for you.. you are already married with a kid.. 

Medicine kodhi rojule work avuthavi… continue ga use cheyakudadh thyroid medicine laaa

pyna chala mandhi manchi suggestions bola… follow those

old/ new happy ga vunde movies start cheyyi… old movies youtube lo dhadhapu chusesam weekly 2 movies lekkaaa… edupu movies kaadhu

7 hours ago, raj2909 said:

side effects usually go away after few months if not weeks