Anyone had Experiences with Stress Medication?

raj2909

7 hours ago, kasi said:

kaka, sorry to hear that....1st this is very common and almost everyone has, so you are not alone 

this is how we indians are different to people, try meeting more with friends, take sometime off, find a hobby......find something that can give you happiness(serotonin is also called the happiness hormone). i know it not easy 

you need to keep you mind thinking about too many things at the same time, let you brain relax......kaka, i know i am giving you bad advise, but i told my mom this too, best the best things that can relax your mind is booze, try taking a shot of vodka or scotch, let your mind relax

PS: taking medication might be good, but will have side effects.....stay relaxed 

nope,i dont suggest booze for anxiety or depression. for ppl who take SSRIs it usually worsens the situations. It is bcoz booze suppresses REM sleep and SSRIs also essentially suppress the REM. So my theory is it will make inconsistent dose (say 2 days u drink and then you dont drink for next 3 days) and make the condition stubborn. I dont know about other class of anti depressants though if you can booze. best thing is reduce the expectations of life and reduce being the perfectionist in all the aspects, and then do some regular exercise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raj2909 said:

Nak koncham stress vundi Anxiety vuntundi ani doctor ni meet ayanu, tanu chusi told that i have General Anxiety and social Anxiety vundi ani and suggested to take medicine(selective Serotonin type drugs), kakapotey side effects ga chala cheppindi, like sexual disintrest, erectile dysfunction, insomnia adi idi ani.

Did any one had any experiences using it? If so are those side effects really severe? Please share some knowledge

14 minutes ago, chantigaduUS said:

side effects usually go away after few months if not weeks

also suggest by others..medicines only help.. you can take to begin with but dont go on with them forever. Ikkada vallu life long use chesta vuntaru...ur body get used to it..and it will stop producing that chemical. Basically you need to kick start that chemical producing capability of the body/brain. Medicine is supposed to be facilitator that's all.. dont make medicine as the replacement.

5 hours ago, ranam_007 said:

What form of Aswagandha do you consume, is there a pic do you mix that in something for consumptioni

i bought it from local Ayurvedic store , it is in powder form . I take it half tbsp  in warm water , that too once a week and works like a miracle . My overthinking and anxieties gone, I can sleep pleasantly , I don’t feel stressed anymore

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, chantigaduUS said:

nope,i dont suggest booze for anxiety or depression. for ppl who take SSRIs it usually worsens the situations. It is bcoz booze suppresses REM sleep and SSRIs also essentially suppress the REM. So my theory is it will make inconsistent dose (say 2 days u drink and then you dont drink for next 3 days) and make the condition stubborn. I dont know about other class of anti depressants though if you can booze. best thing is reduce the expectations of life and reduce being the perfectionist in all the aspects, and then do some regular exercise.

kaka i was suggesting to use a shot of booze instead of any medication 

take a shot of booze, relax and doze off(I know alcohol impacts ur REM), it at least relaxes your mind from thinking too much. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, raj2909 said:

Nak koncham stress vundi Anxiety vuntundi ani doctor ni meet ayanu, tanu chusi told that i have General Anxiety and social Anxiety vundi ani and suggested to take medicine(selective Serotonin type drugs), kakapotey side effects ga chala cheppindi, like sexual disintrest, erectile dysfunction, insomnia adi idi ani.

Did any one had any experiences using it? If so are those side effects really severe? Please share some knowledge

Sorry to hear that brother. I have had terrible anxiety and stress issues because of so many personal issues. Here are the things I did which helped me a lot. I still have but seen drastic improvement.

Food

Avoid – Tea, coffee and Alcohol , Any cold items ( including curd ), Any dry items .

Take -  Eat warm food, take Chamoli tea daily three to 4 times. I am attaching a sheet and that will help you to understand what to eat and what not to eat ( This is for me from Kerala Ayurvedic doctor )

Exercise & breathing

Walking and Pranamaya ( Anuloma, Viloma )  are the best medicines

Every day morning Lough loudly for 5 minutes

Every day morning Clap for 100 times

Do deep breathing for 100 times

Om chanting for 100 times

Ayurveda

AShawaghanda ( I take daily morning two and evening two pills ) ,

Bacopa (Morning 1 tablet and evening 1 tablet )

Allopathi

Lexpro ( go with 5 MG and see if it helps or other wise 10 MG). I took it for 3 months continually and no side effects .  Then after 3 months change it to one tables for two days for 15 days and then weekly one for 2 months and then you can stop. Please don’t stop all at once .

index234.jpg

16 hours ago, raj2909 said:

Dont take anxiety pills. They have too many side affects. Ashwagandha is natural one that helps. Keep yourself busy...binge watch tv shows.

2 hours ago, kasi said:

kaka i was suggesting to use a shot of booze instead of any medication 

take a shot of booze, relax and doze off(I know alcohol impacts ur REM), it at least relaxes your mind from thinking too much. 

alcohol also leads to addiction which will worsen the issues

habit forming medications/remedies are strick no no during anxiety treatment

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, raj2909 said:

Avanni untay … government additional paisal isthadi kada ED insomnia ki 

17 hours ago, raj2909 said:

Kudiriteh Konni days Anni marchipoyi India velli ra meet u r family .. akkada trips veyu .. u will feel a lot better eee closed scripted life lo ivvani common .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jerry1 said:

i bought it from local Ayurvedic store , it is in powder form . I take it half tbsp  in warm water , that too once a week and works like a miracle . My overthinking and anxieties gone, I can sleep pleasantly , I don’t feel stressed anymore

pic or name of the product please, ey country usa aite ey state and store name please

16 hours ago, kasi said:

kaka....em talking kaka.....SJ lo neeku desi lu dorakatam leda?? work lera???

Work lo(atleast nen vunna building and my team related lo) leru bro and in my apartment too ekkuva leru. 1 couple ni meet ayyam that too they have a kid of same age as mine, so lucky ga it didnt take much effort to reach them.

15 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Bay Area lo plenty of groups and meetups unnaayi.. just try to attend those meetups (hikes, tech, gardening, volunteering etc) and try to talk to someone new at every meet.. most of the people are very open and you will get used to it.. don’t go with family for few months.. look for friends outside of your family.. 

my neighbor couple used to live in the Bay Area, they both met at a meetup, fell in love and got married.. of course, don’t expect that for you.. you are already married with a kid.. 

Ya i see them too bro,, kani i feel these are mostly for single boys and girls anipistadi.. emo i never tried them,,

14 hours ago, gutlogummadi said:

U need serious help, dm me i can navigate u thru to my best of ability

I know bro... chala mandi same expression ichey vallu when they found out i am living in bay area antey..

but truth of matter is chala mandi entho easy ga chesey pani like socializing with new people, i take so much struggle in doing it,  lopalo oka yuddham jargutadi with my own thoughts.......

ala ani daily activities and talking to new people regarding work or to get things done and all is fine, but new people tho matladali antey it takes lot of effort for me.

6 hours ago, clagadapati said:

Sorry to hear that brother. I have had terrible anxiety and stress issues because of so many personal issues. Here are the things I did which helped me a lot. I still have but seen drastic improvement.

Food

Avoid – Tea, coffee and Alcohol , Any cold items ( including curd ), Any dry items .

Take -  Eat warm food, take Chamoli tea daily three to 4 times. I am attaching a sheet and that will help you to understand what to eat and what not to eat ( This is for me from Kerala Ayurvedic doctor )

Exercise & breathing

Walking and Pranamaya ( Anuloma, Viloma )  are the best medicines

Every day morning Lough loudly for 5 minutes

Every day morning Clap for 100 times

Do deep breathing for 100 times

Om chanting for 100 times

Ayurveda

AShawaghanda ( I take daily morning two and evening two pills ) ,

Bacopa (Morning 1 tablet and evening 1 tablet )

Allopathi

Lexpro ( go with 5 MG and see if it helps or other wise 10 MG). I took it for 3 months continually and no side effects .  Then after 3 months change it to one tables for two days for 15 days and then weekly one for 2 months and then you can stop. Please don’t stop all at once .

index234.jpg

Thank you,, this is great information, i will definitely try this.

6 hours ago, clagadapati said:

Couple of questions

1) do you have constipation issues?

2) What is your body type? I mean are you over weight or lean?

No bro, My health is absolutely fine,

I am lean and tall, i don't have cholesterol or any other issues as of now

I weight between 75-78kgs(same weight from past 8-10 years) and i am 6.0 feet,

i feel i have a good metabolism, i don't work out a lot(which i should change)

4 hours ago, tokkalogola said:

Kudiriteh Konni days Anni marchipoyi India velli ra meet u r family .. akkada trips veyu .. u will feel a lot better eee closed scripted life lo ivvani common .

I don't know bro, i feel i need to change my mindset to have fun today and to stop worrying about things that are not important like work or financial status and stuff and then may be i can have fun on vacations

but actually for me the idea of moving to India for good puts me in a happy state( i came to USA in 2018), but i cant do it now yet i am hoping i will move back in next 3-4 years