Tesla founders

Picheshwar

10 hours ago, rmJU72 said:

this is all crap…do u really think they would have taken Tesla to the level it is in now?

Musk has single handedly driven the entire world towards electrification of cars and in future for solar and battery tech. Not just taking the tech to this stage but he also made electric cool rather than a wierd nerdy thing.

9 hours ago, NotSoBusy said:

facts man , im not sure why you're getting so butthurt 

ok..

tesla business model is heavily funded by...govt grants and credits...

He is not tech savvy or clean energy warrior  or free speech cheer leader...

he is a BIG lobbyist ...

Tesla and SpaceX have received more than $7 billion in government contracts alone and billions more in tax breaks, loans and other subsidies, an analysis by Grid found. In recent years, Tesla has sold at least $6 billion worth of government-backed electric vehicle credits.

TESLA’s dependence on Regulatory Credits that shot up their revenues in the last four quarters has been yet again under scrutiny and this time the critic is the American investor and hedge fund manager Michael Burry, who’s betting against Tesla and its strategy of monetizing from the regulatory credits. The investor is long puts against 800,100 shares of Tesla, as revealed in the filing with SEC.

Burry (Big Short Trader) in a tweet (now deleted) said that TESLA’s reliance on regulatory credits to earn more profits concerns him and also bet against the EV maker betting that Tesla shares will go definitely go south.

qvVEVCv.png

Back in 2010...Tesla also got off the ground with help from the government: a $465 million Energy Department loan issued in 2010...which helped him to go public...

Obama really helped him back in days for promoting the green energy...even Mitt Romeny also questioned him...

but now Musk is highly opposing GOVT subsidies...while he enjoying over a decade...

SpaceX may not have made it without NASA

In 2008, Musk had sank $100 million into his space exploration company, SpaceX, and by his own admission things were not going to plan.

He’d allocated himself enough money to try launching a rocket three times. But SpaceX’s first three launch attempts did not reach Earth’s orbit. The company was alive “by the skin of its teeth,” Musk said later, as was Tesla, which had been operating for five years and was only just starting to produce cars. He sank more money into each business but was running out of funds.

qoute

It was really the NASA contracts that got it through those early years.

Musk’s fortunes began to change that fall, when SpaceX succeeded on its fourth rocket launch. What followed was a $1.6 billion contract from NASA to resupply the International Space Station.

Musk was later asked about getting that news in an interview with “60 Minutes.”

“I couldn’t even hold the phone. I just blurted out, ‘I love you guys!’” said Musk.

“They saved you — financially and even emotionally,” said correspondent Scott Pelley.

When a clip of the interview went viral on Twitter in 2021, Musk reiterated his feelings. “I do love NASA, always have,” he tweeted.

NASA has since given SpaceX $5.4 billion. The relationship not only earned SpaceX money but also respect and trust in the industry, said Laura Forczyk, a space consultant.

“SpaceX is newer, but it’s proven itself primarily through those contracts,” said Forczyk. “It was really the NASA contracts that got it through those early years.”

Whatever his criticisms of the government generally, Musk has repeatedly said it should play a role in helping to develop space travel to Mars, which is also a personal mission for him.

“It’s not necessary that I think the government shouldn’t exist, or that there are not good things that the government can do, or things that are necessary for the government to do. You know, for example, science programs where we send a probe to Mars,” Musk said during his Wall Street Journal summit interview. (He also slammed existing government funding for infrastructure but professed that in the future the country will need to construct more double-decker freeways and tunnels — the latter being the focus of another Musk enterprise, the Boring Company.)

SpaceX is no longer just a NASA contractor. Its expansion grabbed headlines earlier this month when the Washington Post obtained documents showing the United States Agency for International Development had spent millions of dollars to purchase the company’s Starlink internet terminals to send to Ukraine, despite a SpaceX executive previously saying that the terminals were not funded by the U.S. government.

But SpaceX doesn’t just get money from NASA. It has even more business with the Defense Department, which has contracted nearly $2 billion worth of work to the company.

In January, SpaceX was awarded $102 million for work on using rockets to transport cargo — a yet-to-be-achieved feat that would greatly speed up the transport of military equipment, and maybe someday soldiers, around the world. Other military spending on SpaceX has been for the company’s Starlink satellite business, which was contracted to develop a satellite capable of tracking missiles in 2020.

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

ok..

tesla business model is heavily funded by...govt grants and credits...

He is not tech savvy or clean energy warrior  or free speech cheer leader...

he is a BIG lobbyist ...

Tesla and SpaceX have received more than $7 billion in government contracts alone and billions more in tax breaks, loans and other subsidies, an analysis by Grid found. In recent years, Tesla has sold at least $6 billion worth of government-backed electric vehicle credits.

TESLA’s dependence on Regulatory Credits that shot up their revenues in the last four quarters has been yet again under scrutiny and this time the critic is the American investor and hedge fund manager Michael Burry, who’s betting against Tesla and its strategy of monetizing from the regulatory credits. The investor is long puts against 800,100 shares of Tesla, as revealed in the filing with SEC.

Burry (Big Short Trader) in a tweet (now deleted) said that TESLA’s reliance on regulatory credits to earn more profits concerns him and also bet against the EV maker betting that Tesla shares will go definitely go south.

qvVEVCv.png

Back in 2010...Tesla also got off the ground with help from the government: a $465 million Energy Department loan issued in 2010...which helped him to go public...

Obama really helped him back in days for promoting the green energy...even Mitt Romeny also questioned him...

but now Musk is highly opposing GOVT subsidies...while he enjoying over a decade...

SpaceX may not have made it without NASA

In 2008, Musk had sank $100 million into his space exploration company, SpaceX, and by his own admission things were not going to plan.

He’d allocated himself enough money to try launching a rocket three times. But SpaceX’s first three launch attempts did not reach Earth’s orbit. The company was alive “by the skin of its teeth,” Musk said later, as was Tesla, which had been operating for five years and was only just starting to produce cars. He sank more money into each business but was running out of funds.

qoute

It was really the NASA contracts that got it through those early years.

Musk’s fortunes began to change that fall, when SpaceX succeeded on its fourth rocket launch. What followed was a $1.6 billion contract from NASA to resupply the International Space Station.

Musk was later asked about getting that news in an interview with “60 Minutes.”

“I couldn’t even hold the phone. I just blurted out, ‘I love you guys!’” said Musk.

“They saved you — financially and even emotionally,” said correspondent Scott Pelley.

When a clip of the interview went viral on Twitter in 2021, Musk reiterated his feelings. “I do love NASA, always have,” he tweeted.

NASA has since given SpaceX $5.4 billion. The relationship not only earned SpaceX money but also respect and trust in the industry, said Laura Forczyk, a space consultant.

“SpaceX is newer, but it’s proven itself primarily through those contracts,” said Forczyk. “It was really the NASA contracts that got it through those early years.”

Whatever his criticisms of the government generally, Musk has repeatedly said it should play a role in helping to develop space travel to Mars, which is also a personal mission for him.

“It’s not necessary that I think the government shouldn’t exist, or that there are not good things that the government can do, or things that are necessary for the government to do. You know, for example, science programs where we send a probe to Mars,” Musk said during his Wall Street Journal summit interview. (He also slammed existing government funding for infrastructure but professed that in the future the country will need to construct more double-decker freeways and tunnels — the latter being the focus of another Musk enterprise, the Boring Company.)

SpaceX is no longer just a NASA contractor. Its expansion grabbed headlines earlier this month when the Washington Post obtained documents showing the United States Agency for International Development had spent millions of dollars to purchase the company’s Starlink internet terminals to send to Ukraine, despite a SpaceX executive previously saying that the terminals were not funded by the U.S. government.

But SpaceX doesn’t just get money from NASA. It has even more business with the Defense Department, which has contracted nearly $2 billion worth of work to the company.

In January, SpaceX was awarded $102 million for work on using rockets to transport cargo — a yet-to-be-achieved feat that would greatly speed up the transport of military equipment, and maybe someday soldiers, around the world. Other military spending on SpaceX has been for the company’s Starlink satellite business, which was contracted to develop a satellite capable of tracking missiles in 2020.

all new industries need govt help to get started. how one uses them to build the company matters. and musk has shown that he could do it, and turned automotive and space industries around and started brand new tech trends in the world.

Doesn't matter how much you hate Musk. The fact is other Automobile companies too have whatever govt support Tesla had. Musk too it further & others couldn't. Whether he'll drag everything down or not is what we have to see.

24 minutes ago, rmJU72 said:

all new industries need govt help to get started. how one uses them to build the company matters. and musk has shown that he could do it, and turned automotive and space industries around and started brand new tech trends in the world.

ok…see you around in upcoming years…

konta mandi…naatho 2020 lo kooda ilane  trump gurinchi vaadincharu…

i am seeing the same vibes…

i dont simply criticize anyone with out strong research…

all the best…

On 11/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, dasari4kntr said:

ok…see you around in upcoming years…

konta mandi…naatho 2020 lo kooda ilane  trump gurinchi vaadincharu…

i am seeing the same vibes…

i dont simply criticize anyone with out strong research…

all the best…

self dabba aapi point ki ra.

ninnu choosthey ela undhi telusa.. chinnappudu school debates lo edhiti vaadu em chepthunnado adantha pattinchuko kunda manam raaskunna points chaka chaka cheppesi prize kottessaava enti?

topic enti nuvvu maatladey chetta enti?

On 11/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, rushmore said:

who cares who the founder of Tesla is. Even Martin Eberhard didnt design the original car.

It was designed by a cool engineer called Alan Cocconi (under a californian company A/C propulsion), while Eberhard (who by then made his money selling e-books) provided the Li-ion battery pack to power it.

so where does Elon come in here? As a series A investor. Its a historical fact. Indian simps of Elon like Pranay Pathole don't have to be taken seriously.

On 11/26/2022 at 9:39 PM, rmJU72 said:

this is all crap…do u really think they would have taken Tesla to the level it is in now?

Musk has single handedly driven the entire world towards electrification of cars and in future for solar and battery tech. Not just taking the tech to this stage but he also made electric cool rather than a wierd nerdy thing.

solar is definitely no. He did not do anything  in Solar. Cars yes..but again not single handedly. They got support from govt as well during Obama, they got i think around $450 grant around 2010/2011 when they were on brink of bankruptcy ..but credit to him for turning around the company and also industry. 

20 minutes ago, chantigaduUS said:

solar is definitely no. He did not do anything  in Solar. Cars yes..but again not single handedly. They got support from govt as well during Obama, they got i think around $450 grant around 2010/2011 when they were on brink of bankruptcy ..but credit to him for turning around the company and also industry. 

credit to his simps. Everyone is busy pretending that without Elon, world wouldn't have had an electric car industry.

that's like saying without the slave driving egyptian kings, we wouldn't have the pyramids.

this is 2022. There's no need to credit assholes like Elon Musk. Just take advantage of what he offers, throw money on his fcuking face and move on. I mean that guy is not some inventor. He's just a fcuking salesman.

• Upvote 2

On 11/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, rmJU72 said:

I think electric cars should've stayed as the weird nerdy thing.

22 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

credit to his simps. Everyone is busy pretending that without Elon, world wouldn't have had an electric car industry.

that's like saying without the slave driving egyptian kings, we wouldn't have the pyramids.

this is 2022. There's no need to credit assholes like Elon Musk. Just take advantage of what he offers, throw money on his fcuking face and move on. I mean that guy is not some inventor. He's just a fcuking salesman.

good Salesman

1 minute ago, no01 said:

good Salesman

extraordinary salesman (euphemism for a great liar). Yes. Still not an inventor. Or an original thinker.

Martin Eberhard made the battery for a car called tzero with a/c propulsion founder Cocconi. This is the car that later became roadster.

Elon or that other asshole JB had nothing to do with it. Both are management types. If Elon stops pretending like he's Iron Man, people wouldn't even discuss this sh1t in public.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:56 PM, rushmore said:

Doesn't matter how much you hate Musk. The fact is other Automobile companies too have whatever govt support Tesla had. Musk too it further & others couldn't. Whether he'll drag everything down or not is what we have to see.

Other companies had a business to run, and didn't bother chasing a segment that was niche. Since margins in the automobile industry are already razor thin.

Pls work under a boss like Musk, if you enjoy his style of working. May be it'll make you more productive and appreciate your life a bit more.

for most people, I think Musk is better off not existing. People can live without a luxury electric car I'm sure.

40 minutes ago, argadorn said:

Apple dumped twitter ads .. Elon crying like baby 

yes..he is going crazy..thats only lowering his reputation. He is behaving like Trump. Bullying. If you dont give me ads, I take your business. what kind of non sense is this. This is guy has gone nuts. 

2 hours ago, chantigaduUS said:

yes..he is going crazy..thats only lowering his reputation. He is behaving like Trump. Bullying. If you dont give me ads, I take your business. what kind of non sense is this. This is guy has gone nuts. 

Even trump ni belittle chesthu poll petti unban cheshadu vadiu ego hurt ayi ravatledhu lekuntay eppudo vachevadu