Tesla founders

Picheshwar

I don't like Elon much at this moment. I think I need to credit this to Elon. The company was started in July 2003 and went Series A in February 2004. No one would have come up with complete idea to build a electric car within six months. Even my son comes with an idea to build a toy electric car for his scientific project. A electric car idea is age old.

I will give credit to Elon as company founder

Crediting him that he grew the company would be stupid. He got lot of help from Engineers and government. He was just their at right moment with right product.

"In June 2009, Tesla was approved to receive $465 million in interest-bearing loans from the United States Department of Energy. The funding, part of the $8 billion Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program, supported engineering and production of the Model S sedan, as well as the development of commercial powertrain technology.[30] Tesla repaid the loan in May 2013, with $12 million interest.[31][32]"

1 hour ago, kathiramdasu said:

I don't like Elon much at this moment. I think I need to credit this to Elon. The company was started in July 2003 and went Series A in February 2004. No one would have come up with complete idea to build a electric car within six months. Even my son comes with an idea to build a toy electric car for his scientific project. A electric car idea is age old.

I will give credit to Elon as company founder

Crediting him that he grew the company would be stupid. He got lot of help from Engineers and government. He was just their at right moment with right product.

"In June 2009, Tesla was approved to receive $465 million in interest-bearing loans from the United States Department of Energy. The funding, part of the $8 billion Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program, supported engineering and production of the Model S sedan, as well as the development of commercial powertrain technology.[30] Tesla repaid the loan in May 2013, with $12 million interest.[31][32]"

The car was already built in 1997. Look up tzero. ac propulsion, the company that built it, couldn't afford to mass manufacture it.

Eberhard worked with them to change the car's batteries to li ion from the lead acid that was prominently used. Elon Musk came in much later. Also series A investors typically dont call themselves founders. They are investors. Its a weird flex from Musk to claim that he was the original founder of Tesla.

No one denies that he did a good job selling the car. But he didn't come up with the concept or the design or was he in the company when the first car was made. The first Tesla car was the tzero fitted with li-ion batteries. And it was already in place when Musk came in, built by Eberhard in cooperation with Cocconi and Gage from ac propulsion.

If you call testing a product someone else built for the market, to decide whether you should invest in it or not, as being the 'founder'. yeah, then Elon is the founder of Tesla.

he can be credited for pumping Tesla stocks to the stratosphere with his self serving mythology, and prepubescent antics though.