high deductible and hsa doubt

VakeelSab

6 minutes ago, VakeelSab said:

please help. high deductible plan ki hsa eligibility vundi and I will be paying 380/month for single . good or bad price for High deductible and HSA.

If you are single and heathy ayite go for HSA, HSA is tax free money and you can accumulate it you don't use it, you can also invest HSA money (options will be in your account), future la you can fund all your medical expenses (co pay and deductible, pharmacy etc) from your HSA account. 

Usually emmanna surgeries unte go with normal plan otherwise HSA

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ShruteSastry said:

Does your Org put any money in to HSA on your behalf, along with your contribution?

No my org doesn't contribute to my HSA. To qualify for a HSA I have to enroll in high deductible plan.

High deductible are expensive and I will be paying 380$/ month for single. do u think I am paying more 

7 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

If you are single and heathy ayite go for HSA, HSA is tax free money and you can accumulate it you don't use it, you can also invest HSA money (options will be in your account), future la you can fund all your medical expenses (co pay and deductible, pharmacy etc) from your HSA account. 

Usually emmanna surgeries unte go with normal plan otherwise HSA

thanks bro. high deductible plan lo premiums are high and it can cover for surgeries. 

8 minutes ago, VakeelSab said:

No my org doesn't contribute to my HSA. To qualify for a HSA I have to enroll in high deductible plan.

High deductible are expensive and I will be paying 380$/ month for single. do u think I am paying more 

It depends on your group insurance, that is about what I pay for my family. The advantage of HSA is that for normal comparable plan your premium would be atleast $200 more per month and that means $2400 more per year, say your max deductible under normal plan is $3000 and HSA is $5500, that means with HSA you are paying $2400 less per year but also risking $2500 additional deductible incase you hit max deductible , if I am you I will live with that risk as it is tilted in my favor.

employers max contribute $1500-2000 for hsa as part of health incentives, the max contribution for HSA is $7800 and if you max it you will be saving 30% tax which in future you can use it towards yours and your family’s medical expenses

9 minutes ago, VakeelSab said:

thanks bro. high deductible plan lo premiums are high and it can cover for surgeries. 

Ofcourse it will cover surgeries buy your deductible will be little higher than normal plan, check your insurance plans for max deductibles

6 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

It depends on your group insurance, that is about what I pay for my family. The advantage of HSA is that for normal comparable plan your premium would be atleast $200 more per month and that means $2400 more per year, say your max deductible under normal plan is $3000 and HSA is $5500, that means with HSA you are paying $2400 less per year but also risking $2500 additional deductible incase you hit max deductible , if I am you I will live with that risk as it is tilted in my favor.

employers max contribute $1500-2000 for hsa as part of health incentives, the max contribution for HSA is $7800 and if you max it you will be saving 30% tax which in future you can use it towards yours and your family’s medical expenses

Contribution to HSA will be 3850$ for single in a year and for this amount we can save up to 1000$ in tax for a year. With HSA and 380$ in a month I can save up to 80$ extra every month so I think i will be paying 300$ in a month by considering hsa. I don't know it is correct

6 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Ofcourse it will cover surgeries buy your deductible will be little higher than normal plan, check your insurance plans for max deductibles

Deductible 3000 and out of pocket 6000

1 hour ago, VakeelSab said:

please help. high deductible plan ki hsa eligibility vundi and I will be paying 380/month for single . good or bad price for High deductible and HSA.

Worst bhayya high deductible plan, they dont have copay. You need to pay everything out of your pocket till you reach that deductible which will be close to 7000$ depends on the plan. 

Hsa is good, go for it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VakeelSab said:

380 per month means employer is not contributing anything. Usually for HSA for single persons it'sess than 200$ per month. In big tech companies they cover fully.

You can contribute ~3800 before tax per year. Those funds can also be invested which can grow tax free 

Single or young  healthy ppl ki HSA better than non-HSA (regular PPO)...agree deductibles high untadi, out of pocket max kuda high untadi......kani if u hardly visit Dr office couple of times a yr for just regular checkup, u can save lot of money. That money in HSA account will carry fwd to next yr and so on. So u wont loose it at all.

Ade regular PPO plans aithe, just co-pay untadi, low deductibles and low out of pocket max....kani, premiums are high. So nuvvu yr motham lo hardly couple times Dr office ki velthe, u r just paying high premiums and not using that funds much...and whatever premium u pay that yr, its gone for that yr...next yr ki emi carry fwd avvadu.

so calculate all these factors.

Hsa plan is better any time but depends in you state and company plan 

for only california state taxes applied to hsa 

post you company benifits link here check chesi chebta 

Maa daggara 2 plans vunnayi 

per yr 3000 kattinchukuni 200 hsa account lo vestadu bekar plan 

other plan is zero monthly plan and nee hsa lo nuuve esuko 

Insurance is a liability but not an investment. Save couple of $$ here and there which is pre tax but anything unpredictable happens, you will forever regret. Choose wisely.

1 hour ago, Netflixmovieguz said:

Insurance is a liability but not an investment. Save couple of $$ here and there which is pre tax but anything unpredictable happens, you will forever regret. Choose wisely.

regret how? throw some light