My prediction for Avatar : It won't ring the box office like Avatar, Titanic etc did...

hunkyfunky2

People complaning about 3 Hrs, tell the same after you watched the movie. What I feel is once you are in the theatre and transported into the Pandaro's world mentally, you don't look at the how lengthy the movie is.. you will just enjoy the happenings in that new world.

11 hours ago, no01 said:

story wise 1st part kuda its just OK....suspense, mind mending twists etc emi undavu and no sentimental scenes like Titanic. Purely 3d tech work out avvatam tho click aindhi and it was pretty good if u see it in big screens. World wide chaala theaters had to upgrade to cater 3D.

I think ppl will still watch it, footfall might be low overall but mari worst reviews vasthe thappa, even avg (2.75+ / 5) reviews vachina ppl will watch it....if anyone is thinking to watch it in 2D to save money or feels not worth spending for 3D, then pls do drop the plan.......2D lo i'm sure it will be super boring  

This is why it may not wow the audience -this time it's must to watch on 3d and IMAX (preferred) 

5 hours ago, southyx said:

People complaning about 3 Hrs, tell the same after you watched the movie. What I feel is once you are in the theatre and transported into the Pandaro's world mentally, you don't look at the how lengthy the movie is.. you will just enjoy the happenings in that new world.

3D 3 hours+ is exhausting for some people... 

It's known problem. They don't have interval also.

I watched 1st part on re run - Dolby cinema 3D - sat on best possible seats, recliners etc.

I did feel restless couple of times .. 

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

3D 3 hours+ is exhausting for some people... 

It's known problem. They don't have interval also.

I watched 1st part on re run - Dolby cinema 3D - sat on best possible seats, recliners etc.

I did feel restless couple of times .. 

Oh okay. Interval lekunda untadhaa? India lo aithe untadhi. Bayata countries lo kooda lengthy movies ki interval choosanu. 3Hrs interval lekunda ante konthamandhiki ibbandhe..

2 hours ago, southyx said:

Oh okay. Interval lekunda untadhaa? India lo aithe untadhi. Bayata countries lo kooda lengthy movies ki interval choosanu. 3Hrs interval lekunda ante konthamandhiki ibbandhe..

I don't think it will be there in USA. already theaters are losing one extra show due to length 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, chammakchandra said:

Trust me lot of them will watch.. especially families .. they all want to see at least once! U will be surprised 

I wish I'll be proven wrong - but these days social media / Instagram / TikTok have spoiled movie going public. 

1 hour ago, TarakaRama said:

Who said it was shot for IMAX. They did not use IMAX cameras for this one.

"For Avatar 2 to be considered an IMAX 3D film, it was shot with several of the IMAX-certified multiple Sony CineAlta Venice film cameras, which were specially rigged to various 3D stereoscopic beams that all came together to form the Sony CineAlta Venice 3D system.

To add to this already convoluted system, the cameras were also adapted so that they could film underwater, since, as the name of the film implies, the majority of the scenes were filmed in tanks of water." 

There is youtube video - all the camera system upgrades that he worked with Sony ....