I will be investing in India for the next 25 years. Not Silicon Valley. Here’s why. (Lifted from Linked in )

csrcsr

21 minutes ago, futureofandhra said:

Except one thing I agree with rest of everything

Education system is good in India.

Problem is no funds for research.

Politicians looting n giving peanuts

Research is important.

India can never compete with low research

Bring baboru back

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

I think all the fake and crap will come to US by faking exams and certs and interviews and get jobs here… the real smart people will stay back.. 😄

real smart people stay back for 10 years and will try to come to US/AUS after 10 years knowing US/AUS still has better future than IND. This is what is happening now, I dont think this is going to change much in next 10 years. 

1 hour ago, hyperbole said:

Brain drain is highest than ever, more and more Indians gave up citizenship last year, this is one fact to overlook this garbage, developed nations immigration rules  relax cheste sagam duniya manolle untaru

https://www.deccanherald.com/amp/national/exodus-in-aachhe-din-over-183-lakh-indians-already-renounced-citizenship-in-2022-up-from-129-lakh-in-2014-1170505.html

These are people who left India 10 to 15 years ago... He is talking about people leaving now.

90% of F1 are junk candidates,, who can't get even call center job in India

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, reality said:

Prathi okkadiki self deprecation fashion ayipoyindhi…. Visa ragane edho peekudu galla la India ni ridicule cheyadam….But the fact is, India has grace… India has that supernatural Power…Okka political corruption konchem curb ayithe… India ni kottevadu ledu….I am in US for quite long, even having GC in my hand I am saying this…

Nuvvu amavasya punnaniki poyi car terugute attane kanipiatadi, life is different if you get a job and live there - traffic/commute, upper management pressure as always they suck up to the bosses in the US etc, growth em undadu okka level taruvata growth kavali ante you have to be cut throat and diplomatic at the sametime, basic funda entidi ante nee lanti naa lanti vallu vandalu velalo untaru and all vying for the same attention and spot, I lived through that phase and saw it before coming to the states, nenu graduation ayinapudu Infosys and wipro interviews ki eamcet ki unta exam queues undevi, laddulo infosys lo pani cheyyaniki you had to be a topper of kinds and  the situation isn’t any different now but instead of infosys someother company

If you are at the top of the food chain with 5-10 lakhs monthly income unte you can lead a king’s life but if you have to get a job for your ends to meet then it is quite harder, India office politics mamulaga unadavu

1 hour ago, tables said:

why didn't they return to india giving up their GC? 

good question, sunk costs fallacy and most of the people who might have had their gc's would have left India in the early to mid 2000's, so their outlook and experience will be different from the guys/gals coming out now or in the past 1-2 years or atleast that is what i think is the cause.

4 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

These are people who left India 10 to 15 years ago... He is talking about people leaving now.

akkada job ravadam ledu kabatte ikkadiki coming 

1 hour ago, Rushabhi said:

How many doctors per 10000 people? How many doctors? How many police, judges per 10000 people? Ee stats unte vesthe better. 

andukane kada medical institutions increasing along with AIIMS, it will take some time for the doctors increase to be visible on the street.  Also, as Vendy halwa pointed out doctors here and in India are different. here doctors only diagnose, rest all nurses take care administering vaccines or things like that. in India, doctors are more hands on compared to US, two different systems.

Judges only want collegium, so that will take some time to appoint newer judges. Police force will increase with states putting in money as it costs salaries first and then pensions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_India_Institutes_of_Medical_Sciences

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

akkada job ravadam ledu kabatte ikkadiki coming 

10 backlogs tho how you get a job? 

4 of 5 student's that I know are all fake, fake graduation certificate, 3 of them didn't even write GRE,.. 

Above reason is enough to be scary of USA future.. 

40 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

There is nothing wrong in acknowledging the fact that India needs to invest a lot in healthcare and public services. What is self deprecating in this? 

There are lots of Americans who travel to India just for medical treatment…

I agree that medical coverage for whole entire population needs to improve.. But, that’s not the topic of discussion.. its improving though.

18 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

More people are leaving than ever before, check the admissions rate of Indians in Us colleges, we surpasaed chinese this year. The gap for 2nd place is so huge almost 2x

By Robert Ubell (Columnist) Nov 30, 2022

According to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Indian student visas this year jumped to nearly 78,000, while Chinese student visas fell to just over 46,000. Worldwide—in the U.K., Canada, and elsewhere—India has surpassed China as the leading source of foreign students.

https://www.edsurge.com/amp/news/2022-11-30-as-fewer-chinese-students-study-at-american-colleges-will-indian-students-fill-the-gap

4 minutes ago, reality said:

There are lots of Americans who travel to India just for medical treatment…

I agree that medical coverage for whole entire population needs to improve.. But, that’s not the topic of discussion.. its improving though.

Why not? I don’t want to live my entire life in metros. I want to retire peacefully with better health infrastructure in middle India. For that to happen per capita doctors and hospitals should increase. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

More people are leaving than ever before, check the admissions rate of Indians in Us colleges, we surpasaed chinese this year.

Scrap batch kaakunda good colleges ki entha mandi vasthunnaru? I think students who are decent and get decent salaries are staying back nowadays 

1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

More people are leaving than ever before, check the admissions rate of Indians, we surpasaed chinese this year 

We are surpassing chinese not just because we are leaving but more Visas are available to us as the intake from china was/is reduced and this started from trump time when every week there was a story on how chinese are coming to US universities and stealing tech.

If you see since the late 90's early 2000's the F1 has increased for Indian students, earlier it was about people in first class (above 75% marks) or good scores and decent universities. but in late 90's/early 2000's the intake increased and almost a lot of people have got visas from consulate as opposed to before also, as the US govt cut back on funding to the Univ. and international students come and pay more fees than local people.

That is why now days you find people with backlogs also get I-20's with a caveat that they clear the backlogs and come.

Getting more visas has to do with cutting Chinese and hoping Indian students and money will fill the shortfall.

21 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Nuvvu amavasya punnaniki poyi car terugute attane kanipiatadi, life is different if you get a job and live there - traffic/commute, upper management pressure as always they suck up to the bosses in the US etc, growth em undadu okka level taruvata growth kavali ante you have to be cut throat and diplomatic at the sametime, basic funda entidi ante nee lanti naa lanti vallu vandalu velalo untaru and all vying for the same attention and spot, I lived through that phase and saw it before coming to the states, nenu graduation ayinapudu Infosys and wipro interviews ki eamcet ki unta exam queues undevi, laddulo infosys lo pani cheyyaniki you had to be a topper of kinds and  the situation isn’t any different now but instead of infosys someother company

If you are at the top of the food chain with 5-10 lakhs monthly income unte you can lead a king’s life but if you have to get a job for your ends to meet then it is quite harder, India office politics mamulaga unadavu

Ippudu vacche US poragalla sangathi… you will see soon.

Yes, our time US ravadam great and it gave us everything. But, India also gave us that foundation as a person. Just look at NRIs/ABCDs who don’t have such India-expossure as we do. Papam they miss alot of things in their life.

All my comments supporting and praising India are from broader perspective….not just IT jobs, f1students, salaries kind of comparison as you pointed out.