Do you regret the size of home you bought?

cameraman

30 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Are you jobless like me ?  Nenu layoff lo thengipoyanu dec lo .. 

No no not yet 🤣 oh good luck bro try in tiktok they r hiring but prep work chala ubdali

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cameraman said:

Location is very important  IMO

What was your first home size ? Share any regrets buying very small/very big home from your experience.

Bought a small townhouse when I should be renting..it was too small after kids.. suffered for 5+ years.. made a mistake in buying next one as I was in hurry..

Lesson : learn from Americans and don't buy too early, wrong size home in wrong location

I don’t understand this whole concept of needed a bigger place for kids so that they can play… we all never had these 3000 sft homes growing up…we grew up to be fine.. even many Americans here live in apartments and townhomes and many homes in the north east are around 2000 sft homes.. 

7 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

I don’t understand this whole concept of needed a bigger place for kids so that they can play… we all never had these 3000 sft homes growing up…we grew up to be fine.. even many Americans here live in apartments and townhomes and many homes in the north east are around 2000 sft homes.. 

not all communities are safe enough to let kids out freely like we grew up in India. Also weather is not always great outside. so kids end up spending more indoor time compared to India.

52 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Bought a small townhouse when I should be renting..it was too small after kids.. suffered for 5+ years.. made a mistake in buying next one as I was in hurry..

Lesson : learn from Americans and don't buy too early, wrong size home in wrong location

Why will it be a mistake bro, many made profits by buying home early and selling now? 

As you bought more than 5 years ago 

advantages with small houses

1) Bills are lower,  less space to heat/cool.

2) Lower maintenance costs.

3) Less junk in the house.

4) It will encourage kids will go out and play (community play ground with other kids) 

5) Cleaning is easier. 

7) Easier to sell smaller houses.

8  You won't plan too may gatherings  or parties  at home instead will host at some other place. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, IamBhagatSingh said:

Why will it be a mistake bro, many made profits by buying home early and selling now? 

As you bought more than 5 years ago 

Nope, bought at peak before the first housing bubble :-( .. If I was renting, I would have bought townhouse at rock bottom prices after bubble. At the same rate, I'd have bought house about 5 years ago .....

1 mistake led to 2 more mistakes...

26 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Nope, bought at peak before the first housing bubble 😞 .. If I was renting, I would have bought townhouse at rock bottom prices after bubble. At the same rate, I'd have bought house about 5 years ago .....

1 mistake led to 2 more mistakes...

Are you saying you bought smaller home for higher price twice?

16 minutes ago, Complex said:

Are you saying you bought smaller home for higher price twice?

Yes - townhouse is small , so bought a single family - again not the one I really want for 15+ years in upscale locality / or size.  bad timing/ bad luck and bad planning. 

15 hours ago, areyentiraidhi said:

advantages with small houses

1) Bills are lower,  less space to heat/cool.

2) Lower maintenance costs.

3) Less junk in the house.

4) It will encourage kids will go out and play (community play ground with other kids) 

5) Cleaning is easier. 

7) Easier to sell smaller houses.

8  You won't plan too may gatherings  or parties  at home instead will host at some other place. 

Advantages of bigger homes

1) You dont feel the urge to upgrade whenever you go to a new house warming

2) you get dedicated office space and setup for your work 

3) You get your media room setup in one of the extra bedrooms and have a mancave

4) If appreciated, dollar difference will be higher than small homes 

5) Feel like hosting parties and get togethers in your home and get that good feeling

6) Save a thousand dollars everytime you host a kids birthday party at home

7) You get to buy the grand furniture you see at the stores which you can’t because of the space issue 

8. When kids grow up, they will have their own room and still have rooms available to accommodate visiting parents

9) Kids and play in your backyard and u have peace of mind while they play

10) You can grow a vegetable garden for ur inner zen or have a kitchen setup outside to entertain guests.

• Upvote 2

Na laddulo bih house vaa... i am in one corner my father in one corner and my brother in one corner.. less interaction between us .. meet ayyedi thakkuva... On top of it my father is karudu gattina Hindu chastunnam... 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

its mostly i think wives who put pressure on husband to buy bigger house 

On 1/7/2023 at 12:43 AM, veerigadu said:

IMO 2000 sq ft is perfect. Antha kanteee ekkuva konadam waste. 

@veerigadu - endi vayya..2k endi na royaa..  atlanta lo 3500 sft default istaru ga builders.. Its been a while, Atlanta lo market ela undi . emana sallabaddayaa ?

12 minutes ago, Sonu_Patel said:

@veerigadu - endi vayya..2k endi na royaa..  atlanta lo 3500 sft default istaru ga builders.. Its been a while, Atlanta lo market ela undi . emana sallabaddayaa ?

nen 1650 lo untunna anna