How easy is to rent out your property in Hyderabad as NRI

manamthoupule

How easy is to rent out your property in Hyderabad as NRI ? Bought an apartment in Kokapet last year and thinking whether to rent it out or sell. For people who are renting out apartments in Hyderabad how easy is the whole process of finding tenants, making sure there are paying TDS on our behalf etc ? Is it better to sell or keep it for 4-5 years and rent it out since Kokapet area will grow in next few years ? If I decide to keep how easy is to sell 4-5 year old apartment since I'm seeing lot of communities with lot of empty flats?

1 hour ago, manamthoupule said:

How easy is to rent out your property in Hyderabad as NRI ? Bought an apartment in Kokapet last year and thinking whether to rent it out or sell. For people who are renting out apartments in Hyderabad how easy is the whole process of finding tenants, making sure there are paying TDS on our behalf etc ? Is it better to sell or keep it for 4-5 years and rent it out since Kokapet area will grow in next few years ? If I decide to keep how easy is to sell 4-5 year old apartment since I'm seeing lot of communities with lot of empty flats?

Renting out a property as an NRI can be a bit complex as there are many regulations and procedures to be followed, but it can also be a good source of passive income.

Finding tenants in Hyderabad is not difficult, as there is a high demand for rental properties in the city. You can advertise your property on online classifieds sites, property portals, or through real estate agents.

When it comes to tax compliance, you can appoint a property manager or an agent to handle the process, including collecting rent and paying TDS on your behalf.

Whether to sell or rent your property depends on your personal circumstances and goals. If you believe that the Kokapet area will see growth in the next few years and you're comfortable holding on to the property for 4-5 years, you could rent it out and potentially benefit from appreciation in property value. However, if you need the money from the sale, it might be better to sell the property.

Selling a 4-5 year old apartment in Hyderabad is not difficult if it is well-maintained and in a desirable location. You can sell the property through a real estate agent or online property portals. The demand for properties in Kokapet and the resale value of your property will depend on various factors, such as the current real estate market, the location and condition of your property, and competition from other properties in the area.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, k2s said:

Renting out a property as an NRI can be a bit complex as there are many regulations and procedures to be followed, but it can also be a good source of passive income.

Finding tenants in Hyderabad is not difficult, as there is a high demand for rental properties in the city. You can advertise your property on online classifieds sites, property portals, or through real estate agents.

When it comes to tax compliance, you can appoint a property manager or an agent to handle the process, including collecting rent and paying TDS on your behalf.

Whether to sell or rent your property depends on your personal circumstances and goals. If you believe that the Kokapet area will see growth in the next few years and you're comfortable holding on to the property for 4-5 years, you could rent it out and potentially benefit from appreciation in property value. However, if you need the money from the sale, it might be better to sell the property.

Selling a 4-5 year old apartment in Hyderabad is not difficult if it is well-maintained and in a desirable location. You can sell the property through a real estate agent or online property portals. The demand for properties in Kokapet and the resale value of your property will depend on various factors, such as the current real estate market, the location and condition of your property, and competition from other properties in the area.

Chatgpt

1 hour ago, manamthoupule said:

One more thing bro, don't miss to mention the point in the rental agreement like whenever you visit India for few weeks or a month or so, they vacate the flat for time being and you stay in that flat in your trip and then they move back once you leave India and they have to pay rent for that month also as its a blanket agreement.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Galiz gallu Chala mandhi unnaru , my wife has a property she rents for ..

So far 3 tenants unde , no one pays rent in time , okadu emo pedha business man anta .. okadu emo p.g in medicine .

Em ra ante , COVID tight annadu.. sarle ani vadilesthe , anni luggage theeskoni jump, not paying 3 months rent ...

Papam ani vadilesthe manake pedatharu galiz gallu .

1 minute ago, Pandubabu said:

Galiz gallu Chala mandhi unnaru , my wife has a property she rents for ..

So far 3 tenants unde , no one pays rent in time , okadu emo pedha business man anta .. okadu emo p.g in medicine .

Em ra ante , COVID tight annadu.. sarle ani vadilesthe , anni luggage theeskoni jump, not paying 3 months rent ...

Papam ani vadilesthe manake pedatharu galiz gallu .

peddadi pettaru bro...

If it is from a branded builder and gated community, Renting is piece of cake. Just put it in what’s app groups. It should go in a week max. If not hire a broker, Broker will take commission from Tenant

Last year i rented my new 3BHK apartment to a family of 4, i am staying in US and my parents stay in my village, so they cant followup, so everything has to be through phone calls only

it took me almost 2 months to find a tenant, a Tenant Broker brought the tenants and i had to pay him 10K (which i feel is more for the effort and work the put in).

Till now i don't have any issues with them, they pay rent on time and since its a new apartment i did gave them decent Interiors, but they asked few more which is OK.

I didn't figured out the Tax situation yet, i have to find a CA to file the IT Returns this Financial Year