Investment home suggestions pls

Dreamspark

4 hours ago, sarvayogi said:

I always do SFH..town houses usually are less than 2000 sqft..like 1500-1600 . Ideally for a couple with 1-2 kids thats like living in shiiit..so konchem expensive aina SFH better but of all 3 rentals I have I am shelling out an additional 2500-3000 for EMI's because of interest rates..Eventually will come down..Ideally for primary and rentals I am shelling out some 8500-9000 just for EMI's

Are you paying 2.5-3K out of pocket outside of your rent for mortgage payments? I'm assuming this is per year which is like $250 per month. Not a bad investment in this market. Once the rates go down you will get positive cash flow.

I agree that SFH are better investments than townhomes. I prefer the same.

4 hours ago, Pencil_Rubber said:

Are you paying 2.5-3K out of pocket outside of your rent for mortgage payments? I'm assuming this is per year which is like $250 per month. Not a bad investment in this market. Once the rates go down you will get positive cash flow.

I agree that SFH are better investments than townhomes. I prefer the same.

I am taking the risk now and burning cash..lets see. Goal is 10 rental properties in next 5 years...3 done..7 remaining..every 8-9 months oka home is my goal...

15 hours ago, sarvayogi said:

I am taking the risk now and burning cash..lets see. Goal is 10 rental properties in next 5 years...3 done..7 remaining..every 8-9 months oka home is my goal...

cheers buddy... seriously I have exactly same goals ... 1 house per year for next 10 years. Already have 5 houses excluding primary.  

We bought couple of townhomes in Royersford/Pottstown area of PA recently. Rents are pretty good for the townhomes in  price range of 300K to 350K. With 30% down and even with 6.5% interest rates, I'm seeing couple 100$s positive cash flow...

1 hour ago, manhan515599 said:

We bought couple of townhomes in Royersford/Pottstown area of PA recently. Rents are pretty good for the townhomes in  price range of 300K to 350K. With 30% down and even with 6.5% interest rates, I'm seeing couple 100$s positive cash flow...

Thabk you for sharing buddy … will explore this area too. I’m also focusing on other areas like Virginia Beach, Austin (later), Augusta(GA) and Pittsburgh. 

2 hours ago, Pencil_Rubber said:

cheers buddy... seriously I have exactly same goals ... 1 house per year for next 10 years. Already have 5 houses excluding primary.  

When you buy home in a location, are there any issues in renting or maintaining the house?

17 minutes ago, Dreamspark said:

When you buy home in a location, are there any issues in renting or maintaining the house?

if rent or tenats doesnt come you obv have to pay the EMI. How many months can you afford is the question..If old home obv hard cash needed for repairs

My last investment was a 10 year hold home and I put additional 75k own cash for renovations and then rented it

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1