Austin Investment Property

Pencil_Rubber

19 minutes ago, Manishican said:

Partially true. Let's say if the retail reit owns 1 billion dollars property now. After 10 years, its NAV could also increase same as residential but the stock price might not reflect the NAV growth of 10 years and when you need money, you might be selling the shares below NAV. You might realize the NAV value only if some other company buys it or investors realize the true NAV and buy the shares increasing the share price closer to NAV. Similar to residential, the reit will own the property after its mortgage.

but u have to hold it for so long to get 50k appreciation for ur 100k investment. for a 400k property u buy with 100k downpayment, u will get ur 50k appreciation much sooner. More headache managing tenants, but better returns I feel.

once we have lots of money then reits make sense…but not sure abt growing stage

5 minutes ago, rmJU72 said:

but u have to hold it for so long to get 50k appreciation for ur 100k investment. for a 400k property u buy with 100k downpayment, u will get ur 50k appreciation much sooner. More headache managing tenants, but better returns I feel.

once we have lots of money then reits make sense…but not sure abt growing stage

Yes. Like I told before, the properties reits own are diversified. So even if the all properties of Reit has increased in value, share price might not reflect it. Also you can but reits on margin but too risky at higher interest rates.

10 hours ago, Sonu_Patel said:

If you are seriously considering to buy, dont listen to suggestions given by people who has limited knowledge on the investment properties. Look for feedback from who already owns real estate and analyze a deal. 

correct baa 

2 hours ago, Pencil_Rubber said:

Florida lo monna ne 2 Duplexes konna ..... i don't want to put all eggs in one basket ... anduke looking non local

Nice .. cash flow undha bro after payments and everything?

30 minutes ago, mettastar said:

Nice .. cash flow undha bro after payments and everything?

Yeah, vastundhi .... because rents baga periga FLL lo..... now I'm planning to split each duplex (3/2 & 2/1) to triplex (2/1, 2/1 & Efficiency). Still have to submit permits and everything to convert to triplex but that's the plan. 

• Like 1