How to buy/setup restaurant and/or gas station

sarvayogi

Serious replies only. I can pay you commission if needed but no jokes

Can arrange between 500k to a million cash in 3-5 months.

I cannot oversee anything happen at the property. heck busy with full time job

How to start passive investing in a good desi restaurant or franchise or gas station and have some one manage it

Looks like the market isnt that good for short term rentals these days..lots of vacancies in airbnb earnings

• sarvayogi changed the title to How to buy/setup restaurant and/or gas station
23 minutes ago, sarvayogi said:

How to start passive investing in a good desi restaurant or franchise or gas station and have some one manage it

Looks like the market isnt that good for short term rentals these days..lots of vacancies in airbnb earnings

airbnb ki rental properties ki comparison endi vaaai. airbnb is not a necessity.

restaurants are risky business, not many can make money out of it. Gas station is profitable ani vinna but dont know anything about it.

43 minutes ago, sarvayogi said:

DM location I will help, own 1 gas station for now in Louisiana 

1 hour ago, sarvayogi said:

Restaurant business .. you need to be hands on. Baga talakayanoppi. Esp workers does not show up which happens a lot when you hire low cost ones. Tagi padukundipotharu. Restaurants struggle with food taste/quality and consistency. 6month honeymoon period bane nadusthai. After that maintaining the name is not easy. If you handover management to someone, mosam chestaru. 

Gas Station is better and profitable but again giving it to someone else to manage is risky. Gas stations do not make money on Gas, rather the store is profitable. Items like Liquor, Cigarettes, lighters bring in a lot of revenue and profit % is higher. 

I do not own either, but have been involved in looking at financials, profitability when my friends bought. 

• Upvote 2

evevi suit kaavu mana IT gaallaki because they need you to be tough, rough and rude with workers.

suit ayyevi, decent, techie ones are better.

If nothing, just invest.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sanjiv said:

evevi suit kaavu mana IT gaalaki because they need you to be tough, rough and rude with workers.

If nothing, just invest.

India lo ilanti oka small biz start chesa years ago when I was there with a loan from a private lender and some of my own money. 2 months bagane run ayyindi and I thought this is it! It was hard dealing with workers as I could not be tough. After a few months, made some money (at 11% ROI), lost some money due to worker issues, broke even, shut down the biz and when I repaid the loan, the owner at the lending company said, "These lowly businesses are not suited to you sir. Do something that is decent and up your alley".

Lesson learnt.

• Upvote 2

What do you do exactly if you don't mind me asking

1 hour ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

airbnb ki rental properties ki comparison endi vaaai. airbnb is not a necessity.

restaurants are risky business, not many can make money out of it. Gas station is profitable ani vinna but dont know anything about it.

indian restaurants lo rates baga ekkuvuntayi kada how come it is not profitable?

13 minutes ago, Sanjiv said:

evevi suit kaavu mana IT gaallaki because they need you to be tough, rough and rude with workers.

If nothing, just invest.

You won't have passion in un-suited businesses which is why you are expecting for someone to manage them for you.  It is destined to fail. Period.

Remember: No passion => no interest => no success

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sanjiv said:

You won't have passion in un-suited businesses which is why you are expecting for someone to manage them for you.

Remember: No passion => no interest => no success

but some of our indian entrepreneurs have multiple businesses here in the usa not sure how they manage them forgot that guy's name he produces mahesh babu movies that dude has so many businesses including a huge grocery store that's a lot on his plate but not sure how he sources workers to manage all those stuff

6 minutes ago, surfroshan said:

What do you do exactly if you don't mind me asking

staff software engineer..FAANG level..and money antava...can pull in from stocks, 401k(if needed), HELOC,cash our refi, own cash many ways..1 primary home and 4 rental properties...so can accumulate the money if needed for right property

now some jaffa will come and crack a lame joke on this...

• Like 1