Always wondered about accidents

Jatka Bandi

India lo ee road 120kmph ki minchi vundadu. US lo ee road 80mph ki minchi vundadu. Why doesn't the government limit auto manufacturers to limit the vehicle's capability to these speed limits? I used to speed a lot as a kid. My father worked with the mechanic to shut petrol line if my speed exceeds 45kmph. Why cannot this come from the manufacturer? We are hearing a lot of cases of the wealthy killing people with over speeding!

1 minute ago, Jatka Bandi said:

India lo ee road 120kmph ki minchi vundadu. US lo ee road 80mph ki minchi vundadu. Why doesn't the government limit auto manufacturers to limit the vehicle's capability to these speed limits? I used to speed a lot as a kid. My father worked with the mechanic to shut petrol line if my speed exceeds 45kmph. Why cannot this come from the manufacturer? We are hearing a lot of cases of the wealthy killing people with over speeding!

sometimes you need to go at higher speeds inorder to overtake or get out of way.  imagine passing a truck and your car does not accelerate anymore.

6 minutes ago, Variety_Pullayya said:

sometimes you need to go at higher speeds inorder to overtake or get out of way.  imagine passing a truck and your car does not accelerate anymore.

Aren't you supposed to not violate speed limits even during overtaking? If the vehicle is already at speed limit, why not just follow?

nee reasoning accept cheddam for a second.. 120kmph vunte vehicle speed 130kmph taggara limit cheyochu kada?! btw, speed limits of heavy vehicles are lower than cars. These overspeeding, erratic truck drivers are another big issue in Hyderabad.

4 minutes ago, Jatka Bandi said:

Aren't you supposed to not violate speed limits even during overtaking? If the vehicle is already at speed limit, why not just follow?

nee reasoning accept cheddam for a second.. 120kmph vunte vehicle speed 130kmph taggara limit cheyochu kada?! btw, speed limits of heavy vehicles are lower than cars. These overspeeding, erratic truck drivers are another big issue in Hyderabad.

its not practically possible to limit the speed. overtaking can happen even against another car. 

most new cars have speed limiters but its not at road speed limits.

13 minutes ago, Variety_Pullayya said:

its not practically possible to limit the speed. overtaking can happen even against another car. 

most new cars have speed limiters but its not at road speed limits.

Why is it not practically possible? As I was speeding in my teens, my dad worked with a local mechanic to shut the fuel line once I reached 45kmph. It can be done. The responsibility of govt is to safeguard the community. 

Yes, you can overtake a 100kmph car by going at 120kmph. But I do not think overtaking is an acceptable defense for violating speed limits. If the car is already at 120kmph, you follow. No reason to overtake! If the car is at 119kmph, it is your responsibility and judgment on having enough runway to overtake at 120kmph!

8 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

60 speed lo kavuui aaa adhyakshaaa fatal accidents?? It’s all about collision impact and where it happens. 

I did not talk about eliminating accidents altogether. I am talking about rash driving. Nibbas, nibbis, rich entitled folks driving at 140-160-200kmph and killing innocents on the streets.

• Upvote 1

India lo accidents ki speeding 10-20% ey reason.

poor roads, drunk drive and other reasons contribute the rest 80%. 

So 80% thappu ni saricheyyakunda 20% ki auto companies meedha rules impose cheyyadam comedy avuthadi

1 hour ago, Jatka Bandi said:

speed governors are used in some fleet vehicles here, usually limited to 80 mph

commuter cars/bikes ki no company will do it, they won't be in business if they do

1 hour ago, Jatka Bandi said:

As I was speeding in my teens, my dad worked with a local mechanic to shut the fuel line once I reached 45kmph

That’s so dangerous. Looks like you are a bit lucky.

Vehicle full control la vundalante fuel supply to the engine should not be cut off at any cost….engine shut off ayi gear lock aithe egiri padutav and sometimes you need instant acceleration to keep the vehicle safe on the road. 

Intha dangerous trick tho niku emi kaledu ante you are just lucky…

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jatka Bandi said:

why do you think auto makers and Law makers don't know what they are doing?

And why do you think your dad who cut off fuel supply at 45 kmph (and endangered your life on a highway) knows better than qualified engineers and scientists from around the world??

21 hours ago, Vaaampire said:

India lo accidents ki speeding 10-20% ey reason.

poor roads, drunk drive and other reasons contribute the rest 80%. 

So 80% thappu ni saricheyyakunda 20% ki auto companies meedha rules impose cheyyadam comedy avuthadi

cause and effect. Drunk driving is a catalyst for speeding. Can you back your statistics?

22 hours ago, Jatka Bandi said:

vammo mari 45 aa..